autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Si02 Paint Sealant

Thanks guys for the replies.
    I have talked with customer service and sent 2 photos of what I have. (don't know how they can tell consistency in photo) They opened a new bottle of Wolfgang Si02 and say it is the same consistency as what I have (thin). I guess it will take a little more product initially to get product going since it is adsorbed so quickly into the pad. A little surprised this has not been mention in all the reviews I have read.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    The bottle I have separates very rapidly, but giving it a good shake for a minute or so mixes everything back together nicely.

A rich hand lotion consistency? The bottle I have is nowhere near that thick, even when well shaken. It's not what I'd call watery, but it does appear thinner than what is shown on the pictures above. The good news is it doesn't seem to affect performance. I've used it on a couple vehicles, to include my own car, and it works great.
    Same.....my bottle is very runny.....but still works well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    Thanks guys for the replies.
    I have talked with customer service and sent 2 photos of what I have. (don't know how they can tell consistency in photo) They opened a new bottle of Wolfgang Si02 and say it is the same consistency as what I have (thin). I guess it will take a little more product initially to get product going since it is adsorbed so quickly into the pad. A little surprised this has not been mention in all the reviews I have read.
    The consistency was never an issue for me. After being shaken and properly mixed it is thin, but actually a bit thicker than 845. I apply it pretty thin with a DA polisher and it goes on really easily and buffs off even more easily. Pad absorption isn't an issue. I just adjust how much I put on the pad based on how much it holds on to and is still able to spread.
    isn'
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Mike,
    Quick question. Is this SiO2 sealant "better" than the Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0? That is, does it provide the same or better UV protection and "nicer" gloss and slickness compared to the DGS 3.0? I imagine if I switch I'll have to remove any remnant of the 3.0 in order for the SiO2 sealant to bond properly? Thanks very much for any help and advice!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by garfy View Post

Hello Mike,

Quick question. Is this SiO2 sealant "better" than the Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0? That is, does it provide the same or better UV protection and "nicer" gloss and slickness compared to the DGS 3.0?
    I'd say on paper the answer is "yes". From memory, it leaves an incredible glossy and slippery feeling finish and people like this from their LSPs.

Of course the prep work is always more important than the last step as the prep work is the foundation for the last step, but these pictures tell the story.

And the glossy paint you see in the pictures also feels slippery to the touch. To me this makes washing and wiping easier and faster with reduced chance for marring.

Quote Originally Posted by garfy View Post

I imagine if I switch I'll have to remove any remnant of the 3.0 in order for the SiO2 sealant to bond properly?

What do you normally do to prep paint on your cars for a sealant?

Wash, clay and then hand apply?

Wash, clay, machine polish and then apply sealant?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567