autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Si02 Paint Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by djdosn193 View Post
    How many applications do you think you could get out of a bottle on a smaller to mid size car? Trying to get an idea of the cost per application. Thanks!
    I can not say for certain, but I just applied one coat to a Tundra CrewMax, and I'd say I used less than two ounces. I'm guessing maybe 12 per bottle for this truck......maybe double that for a small/midsize car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I can not say for certain, but I just applied one coat to a Tundra CrewMax, and I'd say I used less than two ounces. I'm guessing maybe 12 per bottle for this truck......maybe double that for a small/midsize car?
    So even if you apply this twice a year to a full-sized truck, you'll get 8 years out of the bottle.

$40 per bottle divided by 8 years, comes out to 5 bucks a year for this product. Very good deal, IMO.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Likes acuRAS82, DetailZeus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    So even if you apply this twice a year to a full-sized truck, you'll get 8 years out of the bottle.

$40 per bottle divided by 8 years, comes out to 5 bucks a year for this product. Very good deal, IMO.
    What's the shelf life on this product?

In my experience these SIO2 based spray products don't seem to last longer than a couple years before they start to go bad in the bottle. Where as a tin a wax from 8 years ago seems to be just fine (not advocating for old school wax).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
    What's the shelf life on this product?

In my experience these SIO2 based spray products don't seem to last longer than a couple years before they start to go bad in the bottle. Where as a tin a wax from 8 years ago seems to be just fine (not advocating for old school wax).
    Not sure....this stuff is going on every car in my family, as well as any car I do outside of the family, so I doubt it will last a lot more than 2 years

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a couple un-answered questions about this product that I suspect wont get answers for awhile. (Until people use this and can comment on durability 6 months +)

#1 is does this look better than WGDGPS?
    #2 is does this last LONGER than the above?

Regardless of the Sio2 composition, if it is not at least somewhat BETTER than the current King in WGDGPS then not sure if its worth buying a product that lasts the same and maybe does not look as good. This SIo2 sealant is quite expensive so until the
    reviews start coming in I will stick with the PROVEN WGDGPS.

Post Thanks / Like

The liquid Wolfgang spray SIO2 looks like liquid water on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zv300 View Post
    There's a couple un-answered questions about this product that I suspect wont get answers for awhile. (Until people use this and can comment on durability 6 months +)

Regardless of the Sio2 composition, if it is not at least somewhat BETTER than the current King in WGDGPS then not sure if its worth buying a product that lasts the same and maybe does not look as good. This SIo2 sealant is quite expensive so until the
    I've only used the product once on someone else's vehicle, but I can tell you it looks fantastic! Really like no other product I've ever used.

As for durability, in two weeks I'm going to apply a coat or two to my personal car and give it a test over the winter and document it hear. Hopefully it will help to start answering questions like this.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I did my new car 2 weeks ago with the new SIO2 PS, I'd say the gloss is very similar to DGPS and the bead is somewhere between DGPS and a true SIO2 coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zv300 View Post

I applied my Si02 coating in April and I compare it to my prior 'love'...WGDGPS sealant in combination with WG Fuzion carnauba wax. I continue to believe that the Si02 looks better than DGPS/Fuzion combo and the coating maintained that look through the time I sold the car a few weeks ago. I truly believe the coating is an enhanced and glassier look than the sealant combo. Additionally as Mike noted, it has a super slick surface, and dust and other stuff is easily repelled.

As to longevity, the sealant combo (with a bi-monthly Fuzion application) would last me 7 months through the summer. I would reapply the sealant combo again in the fall to protect in the winter months. The only degradation in the sealant combo that I noted was minor...in the front end due to excessive bugs and use of diluted Bug Squash a number of times in the summer. Although I sold my car and therefore cannot comment beyond the 5+ months since I applied the Si02 coating, I thoroughly believe that the coating is just as durable as the sealant combo. As with the sealant combo, I also noted some deterioration on the front end coating due to the same usage of Bug Squash. I have no reason to believe that the coating isn't equal to or better than the sealant in terms of longevity. (I had intended to reapply the coating in the fall whether or not it was needed for the winter.)

In summary, I really like the Si02 lotion and believe it to be a superior look than the sealant with as much durability. In addition I no longer need to spend 45 minutes every other month reapply the Fuzion. I also really like the WG coating wash as a monthly maintenance. I actually used this wash over the DGPS/Fuzion and was a believer at that time in the benefits of Si02 products. Hope this answers your questions.

11. Likes acuRAS82, Jayfro, waddell64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^Nicely written experience, Willbeen.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast