autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    @Loach, what is the unsafe potential you speak of for Gtechniq? Lack of lubricity, drying out paint, other?

Looks like I’m in the market for Prep-All.
    It looks like paint blistering or solvent pop. And I just pulled it out now and I was seeing that occurring significantly with a few sprays of Gtechniq Panel Wipe, letting it dwell for about 10 seconds before wiping in, whereas with Prep-All that is not occurring. It's difficult to capture it in a picture but you can see the shifting of the texture of the paint if you're looking closely with a light source, it looks like tiny texture bumps have popped up everywhere that you've spray and wiped the Panel Wipe in. Not as bad as Duplicolor's Aerosol Prep-Spray, but still noticeable.

I'll let the panel sit over night for the clear to settle and check again tomorrow. See if I can grab a good video side by side to show the texture change.

2. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@Loach: If I want the most efficient prep panel wipe for leaving a completely bare surface after polishing (and I’m assuming all of them provide decent lubrication), what would be your pick?

Post Thanks / Like

@Loach: If I want the most efficient prep panel wipe for leaving a completely bare surface after polishing (and I’m assuming all of them provide decent lubrication), what would be your pick?
    Prep-All without a doubt. The paint swelling left behind from Gtechniq Panel Wipe was temporary, it cleared up the next day by itself. Would be interesting to see under a microscope what exactly is going on more clearly and how the paint bounces back from it.

Second application of the Uber Spray Coating is holding up fine, the single coat section is performing well also, just not at the level of its fresh performance. I can see myself using Uber Spray Coating often for continual maintenance, it's just so easy to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Prep-All without a doubt. The paint swelling left behind from Gtechniq Panel Wipe was temporary, it cleared up the next day by itself. Would be interesting to see under a microscope what exactly is going on more clearly and how the paint bounces back from it.

Second application of the Uber Spray Coating is holding up fine, the single coat section is performing well also, just not at the level of its fresh performance. I can see myself using Uber Spray Coating often for continual maintenance, it's just so easy to work with.
    Thanks, I’ll go with Prep-All over Eraser or Gyeon then. When I run these tests it’s pretty embarrassing when I have to wonder whether the panel wipe did it’s job, so just looking for a sure thing.

As far as Uber Spray Coating, would you say it’s more like something that should be used continually for top performance, versus something like CanCoat that is apply and expect top performance for 6+ months?

My experience is that it’s easier to apply than CanCoat but doesn’t seem as robust (nor is the . And that’s fine because a bottle holds a ton of applications and the easy factor. Might even be a good one-spray-per-panel drying aid.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a bit disappointing product from Wolfgang not living up to long lasting beading.
    I will be interested to see how it compares to Turtle Wax Ceramic spray.
    Andre told me it would last longer than Mother's, not sure about that Mother's lasted ok for me.
    Expensive product in comparison to Turtle Wax and Mother's.
    Was thinking of the Si02 paint sealant looks like that might be better.

Post Thanks / Like

^^I don’t get 5 weeks out of Mother’s. It looks good and beads for 2-3 weeks and things go downhill fast from there.

So far WG has the CMX longevity beat in my testing, but it’s not an incredible water behavior product for me. The sealant is great.

Post Thanks / Like

^^I don’t get 5 weeks out of Mother’s. It looks good and beads for 2-3 weeks and things go downhill fast from there.

So far WG has that beat for me, but it’s not an incredible water behavior product for me. The sealant is great.
    Thanks
    Maybe different environment although car is under cover. I get more than 2-3 weeks.
    Sorry you say WG has that beat what do mean?
    Do you think Si02 sealant is better?
    Do you think Si02 better than 3.0?
    To get the product for me is expensive by the time shipping and taxes are added.
    Have you tried the Turtle ceramic?

I'm looking for a ceramic lite, so to speak.
    I look for shine, long lasting durabilty, water beading. Well I suppose that covers what most people want.

What is your opinion on uber spray coating?
    I thought that 1 year for the Uber Spray Coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post
    Thanks
    Maybe different environment although car is under cover. I get more than 2-3 weeks.
    To get the product for me is expensive by the time shipping and taxes are added.

I look for shine, long lasting durabilty, water beading. Well I suppose that covers what most people want.

WG has passed (beat) 3 weeks in my testing. It’s at 6 weeks.
    So far I like SiO2 sealant more, it’s really nice. I like it more than DGPS when I’m looking for self-cleaning. I’ve only used on a few panels.
    I tried TW Ceramic Spray only on wheels to a friends’ car. It applied easily but I can’t say much else.
    I tried Mckees 365 Ceramic Spray on half my wife’s car (on top of Cancoat) the other day and it looks very glassy. Haven’t seen water behavior yet. I wasn’t “wowed” by Mckees Ceramic Detailer and Ceramic Wax but hopefully this is better.
    CanCoat is an option for you. IGL Premiere. Lots of choices of varying longevity and characteristics. Keep researching. WG CSC isn’t bad, I just haven’t gotten A+ water behavior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post
    Thanks

Lots including myself have been extremely happy with Gyeon Cancoat. Car pros Cquartz lite is also popular but i haven’t used.

Go with Cancoat and you shouldn’t be disappointed. Depending on weather 9+ months seems easily attainable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Lots including myself have been extremely happy with Gyeon Cancoat. Car pros Cquartz lite is also popular but i haven’t used.

Go with Cancoat and you shouldn’t be disappointed. Depending on weather 9+ months seems easily attainable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you.
    Does Cancoat bead longer?
    What do you like about the WG Si02 over WGPS?

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast