autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I'd go with the BLACKFIRE Coating Booster

It comes in a 32 ounce bottle, which because this is usually a high-use product you're going to want a volume of product at a good deal.

Use right after wash with clean microfiber towels. It's water-based, not solvent based and this means it will remove any fine water marks left over from your drying chamois.

I haven't seen a problem with towels becoming unusable. Correctly used you're wiping off very little solids. If in doubt, simply make a small wash load and was everything immediately. That's what I try to do but I also separate all my microfiber towels so I usually have a load of similar towels ready to wash at any given time. As you've probably read, I'm a huge fan of the Forrest Green Edgeless towels we sell here at Autogeek.

You can handle this and you're really going to like it. Probably the most important thing is to wash your car well first and if it needs to be clayed, then clay first.

Is there any reason you recommend the booster over a sio2 if cost wasn't a factor?

I emailed Wolfgang about finding out if it is safe for PPF...I'll update when I hear back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whipped500 View Post
    Is there any reason you recommend the booster over a sio2 if cost wasn't a factor?

I emailed Wolfgang about finding out if it is safe for PPF...I'll update when I hear back.
    I would be interested in this answer as well as I have Xpel on the front of my wifes Rav.

I would also like to know if for maint WGU SiO2 spray wouldn't be a good choice? The WGUCermaic looks to be plastic safe. Not so sure on WGUSiO2. There is a ton of plastic cladding on her truck and I want to get way ahead of UV breakdown but dont want to have to tape it off every wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcats98 View Post
    I would be interested in this answer as well as I have Xpel on the front of my wifes Rav.

I would also like to know if for maint WGU SiO2 spray wouldn't be a good choice? The WGUCermaic looks to be plastic safe. Not so sure on WGUSiO2. There is a ton of plastic cladding on her truck and I want to get way ahead of UV breakdown but dont want to have to tape it off every wash.
    My immediate assumption would have been to use WGU SiO2 as maintenance for the spray coating. WGU SiO2 is safe for plastics. I protects smooth plastics and not sure the protection but does not show up on softer plastic trim, from what I’ve seen.

I would still recommend doing a small test spot and if you seal the plastic first then it will help prevent issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcats98 View Post

Looks like the Uber ceramic spray coating is safe for PPF. I specifically asked about some solvents that Xpel list's to stay away from because that is what I have too! This is the response I got:

Yes, the Wolfgang Über Ceramic Spray Coating is suitable for use over a paint protection film (PPF) and does not contain solvents such as VM&P Naptha, Kerosene, or similars.

5. Thanks Bearcats98 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whipped500 View Post
    Looks like the Uber ceramic spray coating is safe for PPF. I specifically asked about some solvents that Xpel list's to stay away from because that is what I have too! This is the response I got:

Yes, the Wolfgang Über Ceramic Spray Coating is suitable for use over a paint protection film (PPF) adoes not contain solvents such as VM&P Naptha, Kerosene, or similars.
    That's great news! I am glad they responded to.you as I have asked a few other manufacturers and either got a blow off answer or a we dont know.

My Fusion was just painted (front end) over a month ago and I still have three weeks before I can "wax" it. But I'll practice on it and then do the Rav.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone done comparison gloss levels
    against WGPS 3.0?

Post Thanks / Like

against WGPS 3.0?

Double post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post
    against WGPS 3.0?

Double post
    The Ceramic Spray definitely darkens compared to DGPS. I’ve only don’t small test areas can only say they both look glossy, DPGS in the smooth, sealant type way. CSC darkens and has the clarity look.

Post Thanks / Like

Great information in this review! BTW, that Scat Pack looks familiar. The one you are using for the review is a 2019 (or 2020) though. This gives me a great idea how it would look on my Charger and to say the least, it is very impressive!

RamAirV1

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirV1 View Post
    Great information in this review! BTW, that Scat Pack looks familiar. The one you are using for the review is a 2019 (or 2020) though. This gives me a great idea how it would look on my Charger and to say the least, it is very impressive!

RamAirV1
    We need some pics of your Mopar, dude!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

13. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast