autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post

Yet the WG Uber Ceramic Spray coating is described on the website as a multi-surface coating, just like PBL Surface coating (is described). Even in the beginning of your review article you also describe the WG Uber Ceramic Spray coating as a multi-surface coating.

As such, shouldn't they both perform similarly on paint ? And would you not use the WG Uber Ceramic Spray coating for multiple surfaces ? That was my intent, and why I just bought a bottle. If not, I bought the wrong product ...

Thanks for clarifying, I can only say, lately I've been doing a lot of typing, lots. And it's hard to keep all the different benefits and features of all the products filed away in my brain and then drawn out on command.

Whatever the website says for the product that's the accurate info.

So I stand corrected and do use it on multiple surfaces. Hard to hit 100% thoroughness all the time, especially right now.

2. Thanks PaulMys, abileneautoworx thanked for this post
    Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Your review has really got me interested in this product especially with the limited amount of time I have with a very large family.

My silver car is a daily driver but kept in a garage on a daily basis with the paint in very good condition with some very light scratches from dust and sand here in the desert.

If I use the WG Ceramic Spray Coating, which of my current products could I use for paint correction?

- Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleaning Polish
    - Pinnacle Advance Finishing Polish
    - Pinnacle Advance Swirl Remover
    - Pinnacle Jeweling Wax

Also, after the coating cures would I be able to top with Pinnacle Souveran Wax? I just love the look of this wax as it allows my silver car to POP/Gold Glow... Will try to upload a picture of a previous detail of my ride.

Any additional product recommendations as well so I can buy everything at once.

Thanks again,
    Wig
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating-20191012_155332-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I have used it and it actually works really well. I'm not exactly sure how the technology works but trust in the brand name and thus the chemist behind it. I tend to prefer the panel wipe approach for chemically stripping paint versus running a machine over an entire car [again] after having already performed one machine polishing process (polishing), or in some cases, 2 machines processes, compound and the polishing.

Yes. I think it may be 24 hours, I don't have a bottle in front of me at this moment to read the directions.

Keep in mind, waiting 12 to 24 hours for any quality car wax or synthetic paint sealant is also a normal good rule of thumb.

The big picture is AFTER applying "something" - don't DISTURB it while whatever Voodoo Magic is going to take place does in fact take place.

Make sense?

Yes. You can use any quality panel wipe.

Yes makes sense.
    Ok to apply with Meguiars Even Coat?
    Apply only one coat?
    For paint prep that has Paint Sealant, I have 3M Perfect EX Machine Polish 06094 and Meguiars 205 (all applied by hand) and WG Paint Enhancer (which one would be better) then use WG Perfekt Paint Prep?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if I missed it...Is there any concerns for high spots with this or is this dummy proof?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post
    With the Uber Spray Coating does it to be left to cure for 12 hours were no moisture etc?
    My detailer used this product on my brand new Land Rover. Looks amazing! I asked him about cure time and he did not know since there was nothing listed on the packaging. I went to the Wolfgang website and there was nothing there. I called the company and spoke to their tech support and they did not have an answer for me. They took my number and called me back a few hours later. They advise 18 hours out of the sun and elements for cure time.

TLDR; 18 hour cure time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whipped500 View Post
    Sorry if I missed it...Is there any concerns for high spots with this or is this dummy proof?
    Seemed dummy proof to me but I only did a small area. I’m curious too if a high spot is missed for a day or so, would another spray clear it away and blend in?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Seemed dummy proof to me but I only did a small area. I’m curious too if a high spot is missed for a day or so, would another spray clear it away and blend in?
    Maybe Mike will see this and answer.

I'm between this with the sio2 spray after every wash or the meguiars M799 (not released yet) after every wash. The Meg's is probably overkill but I don't have the time to be correcting and everything to make it perfect for something to be put on. I think the m799 I should be able to BF 1step and then put the M799 on top...but this Wolfgang does sound interesting.

Mike Phillips

Good question.

It's dummy-proof or as I like to say, Bubba-Proof, in that it's easy to use and in fact EASIER to use than a conventional ceramic paint coating where you apply using a foam block and a patch of microfiber suede.

It's also Bubba-Proof in that it's very easy to wipe-off and leaves the paint slippery.

So coatings may wipe off easy but leave the paint feeling rubbery, as though your towel grabs the paint - at this point it's hard to push or wipe the paint with a towel and this would make it more difficult to remove a high spot.

I've discovered high spots on cars I've detailed where I've had to use polish to abrade the high spots off. I have an article on this somewhere with great pictures.

I think as long as you focus on the task at hand, that is mist and wipe, you won't have a problem with high spots.

10. Likes acuRAS82, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Dislikes RamAirV1 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Good question.

It's dummy-proof or as I like to say, Bubba-Proof, in that it's easy to use and in fact EASIER to use than a conventional ceramic paint coating where you apply using a foam block and a patch of microfiber suede.

It's also Bubba-Proof in that it's very easy to wipe-off and leaves the paint slippery.

So coatings may wipe off easy but leave the paint feeling rubbery, as though your towel grabs the paint - at this point it's hard to push or wipe the paint with a towel and this would make it more difficult to remove a high spot.

I've discovered high spots on cars I've detailed where I've had to use polish to abrade the high spots off. I have an article on this somewhere with great pictures.

I think as long as you focus on the task at hand, that is mist and wipe, you won't have a problem with high spots.

What would you recommend as the best maintenance spray after washing? I ask because I saw Wolfgang and pbl mentioned.

Is the Uber ceramic and whatever you recommend for maintenance safe for PPF?

Also, are the microfiber towels not to be used again after using the Uber ceramic?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm really interested in this! I've always been afraid of going the full ceramic route because of inexperience and worry about screwing it up (high spots). Self cleaning is very important to me so that why I always look now for the hybrid sio2 sprays...but I think I can handle this
    Thanks

Mike Phillips

What would you recommend as the best maintenance spray after washing? I ask because I saw Wolfgang and pbl mentioned.

Is the Uber ceramic and whatever you recommend for maintenance safe for PPF?
    I'd go with the BLACKFIRE Coating Booster

It comes in a 32 ounce bottle, which because this is usually a high-use product you're going to want a volume of product at a good deal.

Use right after wash with clean microfiber towels. It's water-based, not solvent based and this means it will remove any fine water marks left over from your drying chamois.

Also, are the microfiber towels not to be used again after using the Uber ceramic?
    I haven't seen a problem with towels becoming unusable. Correctly used you're wiping off very little solids. If in doubt, simply make a small wash load and was everything immediately. That's what I try to do but I also separate all my microfiber towels so I usually have a load of similar towels ready to wash at any given time. As you've probably read, I'm a huge fan of the Forrest Green Edgeless towels we sell here at Autogeek.

Sorry for all the questions but I'm really interested in this! I've always been afraid of going the full ceramic route because of inexperience and worry about screwing it up (high spots). Self cleaning is very important to me so that why I always look now for the hybrid sio2 sprays...but I think I can handle this

Thanks

You can handle this and you're really going to like it. Probably the most important thing is to wash your car well first and if it needs to be clayed, then clay first.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast