autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Just to note - right now there is a 50% off sale for this product. It's exactly what I say it is. So this is the time to buy it to test it out or if you've already trusted me and purchased it and found it to be what I say it is then this is the time to stock up.

PBMG brands 50% off sale

The sale is good for 24 hours and at the time I'm posting this, 11:00pm on Thursday, March 26, 2020 you have 13 more hours to get in while the getting is good.

Thanks for the heads up Mike! Pulled the trigger on this thanks to today's sale, greatly looking forward to using it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post
    Hi Mike
    I have ordered some last week
    I still have quite bit of the following left, all Wolfgang

Paint sealant 3.0
    Spritz Spray Sealant
    Spritz Detailer
    Uber Rinseless Wash (use as a waterless wash)
    Wash Soap (can't remember name)
    These are all in the gallon size with not much used out of them except the Paint Sealant 3.0 have about 1.5 bottles 473ml left.

Oh I also use a glaze before applying the Sealant 3.0.

Can I continue to use until they run out and how?

Thank you
    Hi can someone answer this.
    Also will the nozzle get blocked or is designed so that it doesn't?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Hi can someone answer this.
    Also will the nozzle get blocked or is designed so that it doesn't?

Thanks
    Your literal question is if you can use products you own. Of course you can.

Is there something more specific you’re trying to figure out?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding review and very detailed explanation! I'm considering this technology but have a shelf full of top grade carnuba/waxes : ) Maybe at some point will go the ceramic direction as the weather in NM can be brutal...

Wig

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Your literal question is if you can use products you own. Of course you can.

Is there something more specific you’re trying to figure out?

I think what he is trying to ask is ...

1. What are the shelf lives for the products he already owns ? (his initial post)

2. Will the nozzle get "blocked" by the ceramic spray coating, ie. will it get clogged after use ? Or is the nozzle designed to prevent this from happening ?

Answer to #1 depends a lot on how products are stored.

Answer to #2 is uncertain so perhaps a flushing of the spray nozzle after use would help.

6. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi thanks for replies.
    They are all stored inside a spare bedroom. Thought that be the most consistent environment.
    Thought might be a little like Can Coat that has couple of spray nozzles?
    Can I use the Wolfgang Paint Sealant 3.0 over the Coat Spray, I can't see why not, but thought just to make sure.
    Same with the other products for maintenance, still use over Spray Coating?
    The only product that I can't use is the glaze under the spray coating?
    Sorry for all the questions but first time user of the coating.

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Hi thanks for replies.
    They are all stored inside a spare bedroom. Thought that be the most consistent environment.
    Thought might be a little like Can Coat that has couple of spray nozzles?
    Can I use the Wolfgang Paint Sealant 3.0 over the Coat Spray, I can't see why not, but thought just to make sure.
    Same with the other products for maintenance, still use over Spray Coating?
    The only product that I can't use is the glaze under the spray coating?
    Sorry for all the questions but first time user of the coating.

Thanks in advance
    Yes nothing under the WG coating except a more permanent coating (think Cquartz UK 3.0 or even WG Ceramic coating).

As for on top you can add any LSP you want. Inly issue is if it will “bond” with the coating. From what i’ve read and gather most waxes and sealants won’t as the coating is designed to stay clean and shed contaminants.

Thats why the now have Sio2 sealants (toppers) that are designed to work with coatings.

WG has their proprietary topper.

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Silica Spray

I’d use up what you have and then get a sio2 sealant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    As for on top you can add any LSP you want. Inly issue is if it will “bond” with the coating. From what i’ve read and gather most waxes and sealants won’t as the coating is designed to stay clean and shed contaminants.
    From my experience and readings, you can top coatings and SiO2 toppers with pretty much any wax or sealant. For the wax or sealant it shouldn’t be much different than bonding to clearcoat. But you’ll be taking away the strong suit of the SiO2 (beading, sheeting). The majority of people in this forum don’t top SiO2 products with wax/sealant for this reason.

The only reason I can think of to top SiO2 with traditional wax or sealants would be to change the looks, along with the hidden advantage of extra, durable protection underneath.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    From my experience and readings, you can top coatings and SiO2 toppers with pretty much any wax or sealant. For the wax or sealant it shouldn’t be much different than bonding to clearcoat. But you’ll be taking away the strong suit of the SiO2 (beading, sheeting). The majority of people in this forum don’t top SiO2 products with wax/sealant for this reason.

The only reason I can think of to top SiO2 with traditional wax or sealants would be to change the looks, along with the hidden advantage of extra, durable protection underneath.
    In this video Yvan talks about how Opti seal last 6-9 months but only 7 days on opti coat as it sheds the sealant. Yvans pretty knowledgable yes? I’ve also read other articles about this as well. I have also heard others say what you are saying

YouTube

Again MY experience with applying sio2 sealants on CQuartz topped with cancoat on most of my car and a bare hood is better performance from coated areas.

Is whats on top affecting coating behavior? Maybe. But if what your saying is true about whats on top masking the coating, then when i top my hood (uncoated) and the rest of the car (coated) then hydrophobics and self cleaning should be the same and they are definitely not.

I used to think that way too till i personally experience this but pretty much whatever I put on the CQUK3/Cancoat combo still behaves just like the coating. When I have applied comparisons on the hood they perform like the actual products.

When i top it’s more because I like touching the paint (dumb I know) and I think certain products make it more visually appealing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    In this video Yvan talks about how Opti seal last 6-9 months but only 7 days on opti coat as it sheds the sealant. Yvans pretty knowledgable yes? I’ve also read other articles about this as well. I have also heard others say what you are saying

YouTube

Again MY experience with applying sio2 sealants on CQuartz topped with cancoat on most of my car and a bare hood is better performance from coated areas.

Is whats on top affecting coating behavior? Maybe. But if what your saying is true about whats on top masking the coating, then when i top my hood (uncoated) and the rest of the car (coated) then hydrophobics and self cleaning should be the same and they are definitely not.

I used to think that way too till i personally experience this but pretty much whatever I put on the CQUK3/Cancoat combo still behaves just like the coating. When I have applied comparisons on the hood they perform like the actual products.

When i top it’s more because I like touching the paint (dumb I know) and I think certain products make it more visually appealing

I’m not an Opti-Coat or Opti-Seal user and not really into Yvan. In Yvan’s experience did the surface go back to Opti-Coat behaviors after 7 days or did the surface exhibit funky behaviors going forward?

My own experiences were just having a simple wax or sealant put on top. The top layer behaved just like the wax or sealant for a good period of time and then things either went back to good beading or got totally fuzzy in cases where I assume the bottom coat was totally compromised by it.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast