autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Do you find that to be logistically challenging?
    You get use to it, between looking after cars and them well, not all bad. ��

2. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Cancoat is considered a Coating lite. Thats my assumption of this new product as where it fits im wolfgangs line. It is new though but yes this seems to be a coating lite.

You should still be able to use your Uber. It does contain polymers which some say may clog your coating as Acura referred too but some say they’ve used with no problems.

I would use up your uber as it’s a great rinseless. Buying your next one look up rinseless wahses that leave nothing behind but a good one from AG (onlyone left ilI think) is Griots Brilliant shine rinsless wash. Also Car pros Ech20 leaves something behind bit it’s made for ceramics and is an amazing product. More expensive than Uber but definitely worth it.

Pick up Some Carpro’s Reset shampoo to alternate every few washes from whatever shampoo your using to give a little more deep cleaning and your good.

I got alot of this info from AG and Autopia forums but this is what works for me.

Happy detailing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your reply.
    Using Auto Bathe as a foam.
    Sometimes use the Auto Bathe then use the Uber rinseless (waterless wash) as a drying aid.
    If car not too bad use high pressure water then waterless wash.
    Bought in gallon sizes so will take along time to use. Will post findings.
    Would like to use on one car but would need to break the seal.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cstamp3084 View Post
    I’ve seen your videos on can coat and pns how does this compare?
    Feels much lighter than Can Coat and PNS, way easier to apply and remove. I'd say the closest thing that I could compare it against in my arsenal is the first version of Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating. I've repolished the hood out and will take a closer look at the water behavior tomorrow after a proper cure. The shots above were taken immediately after applying it to the paint without a cure and it behaved fantastically.

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Where does Liquid Seal fit into these beading shots?
    Didn't grab shots of Liquid Seal, Uber Spray Coating looked much more hydrophobic. Liquid Seal feels a bit lighter applying it to the paint, wipes in magically. Uber Spray Coating is very easy to work in, not quite at the level of Liquid Seal but it buffs off just as cleanly, no heavy oily residuals to worry about. I applied it heavy and was still able to get a clean wipeoff easily.

5. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Likes Cstamp3084, mwoywod liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post

I'm a little confused.

The Wolfgang Uber is superior to the PBL Surface Coating when it comes to a paint coating ?
    I re-read the thread and I don't see where I said that? I did a search for the word,

superior

Maybe I missed it? If you can find it I'm happy to read the context in which I used that word but I don't remember saying that and I cannot find where I typed it.

If did, then I suspect here's what I meant,

The Wolfgang Uber Si02 Spray Coating is a dedicated paint coating.

The Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating is NOT a dedicated paint coating - it's a multi-surface coating.

In this context, my normal thoughts and experience are that "dedicated" products to tend to be better at what they are specifically formulated to do versus an multi-surface or multi-purpose product.

Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post

Could you not remove the remnants of the AIO via the use of a product like PBL Surface Cleansing Polish and then be safe to coat the paint ?
    Yes I think you could go this route. I don't tend to use cleansing polishes but instead use panel wipes. Everyone can figure out what works best for them.

I don't trust a panel wipe to remove every bit of the protection ingredients left on the surface by a quality cleaner/wax. It might work but I don't trust it to work so that's why I don't use products like BLACKFIRE One Step to prep paint for a coating.

And using BLACKFIRE One Step followed by the PBL Surface Cleansing Polish would be redundant to me and closer to working backwards than working forwards in the context of using the BF One Step or a dedicated panel wipe in the context of having the option to choose which approach or which option to use. And for me I would rather use a dedicated polish followed by a panel wipe than a dedicated polish followed by a cleansing polish.

Now this may change as more "primers" are introduced but to day, the only true primers I've used and liked is the one from GYEON and the one from CarPro. This is new technology and I expect it to be perfected as more products are introduced.

One thing I check for with these types of products however is not the performance of the prepping for coating aspect but the micro-marring aspect.

Just because a product can leave a finish ready to coat does not also mean it doesn't leave micro-marring. This is why I always say and teach and preach that the most important aspect of polishing paint is the abrasive technology,

Not the tool, the pad or the person - but the stuff touching the paint.

Great questions, you made me think deep. Thanks for asking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Now this may change as more "primers" are introduced but to day, the only true primers I've used and liked is the one from GYEON and the one from CarPro. This is new technology and I expect it to be perfected as more products are introduced.

One thing I check for with these types of products however is not the performance of the prepping for coating aspect but the micro-marring aspect.

Just because a product can leave a finish ready to coat does not also mean it doesn't leave micro-marring. This is why I always say and teach and preach that the most important aspect of polishing paint is the abrasive technology
    Mike,
    Have you used Blackfire Pro Primer Polish? It has no abrasives so I know you can’t comment on that, but any other thoughts if you have used it? I’ve found almost no experiences or reviews on it. I own some but have always reached for Essence since it is well documented in its abilities and because it has a clear expiration date (trying not to have too much expire).

Post Thanks / Like

With the Uber Spray Coating does it to be left to cure for 12 hours were no moisture etc?

Post Thanks / Like

Would Carpro Eraser work as a prep spray alright or is there some special reason one should use the Wolfgang?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

Mike,
    Have you used Blackfire Pro Primer Polish? It has no abrasives so I know you can’t comment on that, but any other thoughts if you have used it?

I’ve found almost no experiences or reviews on it. I own some but have always reached for Essence since it is well documented in its abilities and because it has a clear expiration date (trying not to have too much expire).
    I have used it and it actually works really well. I'm not exactly sure how the technology works but trust in the brand name and thus the chemist behind it. I tend to prefer the panel wipe approach for chemically stripping paint versus running a machine over an entire car [again] after having already performed one machine polishing process (polishing), or in some cases, 2 machines processes, compound and the polishing.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post

With the Uber Spray Coating does it to be left to cure for 12 hours were no moisture etc?
    Yes. I think it may be 24 hours, I don't have a bottle in front of me at this moment to read the directions.

Keep in mind, waiting 12 to 24 hours for any quality car wax or synthetic paint sealant is also a normal good rule of thumb.

The big picture is AFTER applying "something" - don't DISTURB it while whatever Voodoo Magic is going to take place does in fact take place.

Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by abileneautoworx View Post

Would Carpro Eraser work as a prep spray alright or is there some special reason one should use the Wolfgang?
    Yes. You can use any quality panel wipe.

11. Thanks abileneautoworx thanked for this post
    Likes abileneautoworx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post
    Actually neither the bottle, or the AG description mentions cure time. But as Mike stated, play it safe when possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I re-read the thread and I don't see where I said that? I did a search for the word, superior. Maybe I missed it? If you can find it I'm happy to read the context in which I used that word but I don't remember saying that and I cannot find where I typed it.

If did, then I suspect here's what I meant,

The Wolfgang Uber Si02 Spray Coating is a dedicated paint coating.

The Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating is NOT a dedicated paint coating - it's a multi-surface coating.

In this context, my normal thoughts and experience are that "dedicated" products to tend to be better at what they are specifically formulated to do versus an multi-surface or multi-purpose product.

Make sense?

Great questions, you made me think deep. Thanks for asking.

Here's what has me still confused, and also why I got the impression that you felt the WG coating was superior to the PBL coating on paint (Note: my impression, not your exact words) ... this is from you in response to a question about the WG coating vs. PBL Surface coating in post #7 of this thread :

"Two very different products. I love the PBL Surface Coating. I have not found a product that is easier to use that also leaves the paint as slick and slippery as the PBL Surface Coating. I also like to use it as a topper and a booster. It's totally worth the price. And for any regular readers of this forum, anytime there's a 25% or 30% off sale - I have a thread I try to remember to bump to let people know - now is the time to get in and get a bottle. Once you use it - you will love it. It's also great for show car final prep.

This new Wolfgang spray-on coating is the real deal. It's not to be confused with a "sealant", it's SiO2 all the way. And like I said in the video - it's super fast and easy to use.

If I were to use the two products - I would seal the paint using the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating and then use the PBL Surface Coating as a booster, for example after washing and drying the car down the road. "

Yet the WG Uber Ceramic Spray coating is described on the website as a multi-surface coating, just like PBL Surface coating (is described). Even in the beginning of your review article you also describe the WG Uber Ceramic Spray coating as a multi-surface coating. As such, shouldn't they both perform similarly on paint ? And would you not use the WG Uber Ceramic Spray coating for multiple surfaces ? That was my intent, and why I just bought a bottle. If not, I bought the wrong product ...

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast