autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating

Looks to be another top notch spray on wipe off coating. The market has been filled with this type of product as of late. A good thing for the weekend warrior. Hardest part now is picking one!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Bones View Post
    acuras82 - yes thank you for expanding on my question as this was the heart of what I'm getting at.

For my daily drivers, and after clay & polish, are their major differences from the following two processes in terms of ability to shed water, longevity, shine/gloss all things being equal?

Blackfire AIO -> PNS -> BNS as drying aid/maintenance

Blackfire AIO -> Wolfgang Prep -> Uber Ceramic Spray Coating -> more Uber Ceramic as maintenance/needed

Based on the both reviews:
    PNS:
    Pros: easier application than normal coating & no prep needed after AIO/sealant/Wax/LSP applied
    Cons: can be grabby to apply and not as easy as Uber Ceramic Spray

Uber Ceramic Spray:
    Pros: Easy as it gets
    Cons: requires prep to remove any wax/residues before applying
    That was a great question, comparing to PNS from an alternative product standpoint!

Regarding the swapping options: My guess, and it would be cool if I’m wrong or at least partially wrong, is that you will need to swap out the BF AIO to BF Pro Primer Polish or CarPro Essence or a normal polish (not AIO) when planning on WG Uber Ceramic Spray Coating... but maybe this new stuff is good enough on top fresh sealant.

Note that if the required switchover to BF Pro Primer (or in some uses, Essence) is the best route, these aren’t going to have any or much correction, so removing significant swirls would probably still require a regular polish first.

4. Thanks Dry Bones thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Bones liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    That was a great question, comparing to PNS from an alternative product standpoint!

Regarding the swapping options: My guess, and it would be cool if I’m wrong or at least partially wrong, is that you will need to swap out the BF AIO to BF Pro Primer Polish or CarPro Essence or a normal polish (not AIO) when planning on WG Uber Ceramic Spray Coating... but maybe this new stuff is good enough on top fresh sealant.

Note that if the required switchover to BF Pro Primer (or in some uses, Essence) is the best route, these aren’t going to have any or much correction, so removing significant swirls would probably still require a regular polish first.
    Thanks for the compliment! Fixed my original post to reflect Wolfgang Prep is really Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep.

Figured to Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep would remove the sealant from the BF AIO but idk either

Also why I focused on daily drivers that are going to be correct 1x/year and BF AIO is an easy 1 step to re-establish a baseline for PNS or WG Uber Ceramic. Needing to move to BF Pro Premiere Polish, especially if you have areas that need the BF AIO to correct, now you're into a multistep or at least multi solution process. A lot of work for something that's going to see weather all year and honestly would make me just grab the PNS. Becomes a 2 step process - BF AIO then PNS and im done vs. 4 step AIO, Polish, WG Perfeck Prep, WG Ceramic Spay Coating.

Interested to hear mike's feedback!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the compliment! Fixed my original post to reflect Wolfgang Prep is really Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep.

Figured to Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep would remove the sealant from the BF AIO but idk either

Also why I focused on daily drivers that are going to be correct 1x/year and BF AIO is an easy 1 step to re-establish a baseline for PNS or WG Uber Ceramic. Needing to move to BF Pro Premiere Polish, especially if you have areas that need the BF AIO to correct, now you're into a multistep or at least multi solution process. A lot of work for something that's going to see weather all year and honestly would make me just grab the PNS. Becomes a 2 step process - BF AIO then PNS and im done vs. 4 step AIO, Polish, WG Perfeck Prep, WG Ceramic Spay Coating.

I don’t think there’s any chance WG Perfekt Finish Paint Prep will remove One Step after only 1-3x panel wipes. It will remove the polishing oils to make bonding to One Step easier.

I agree with your assessment of the multi-step becoming a deal breaker. Your only option would be traditional polish to replace BF AIO, if WG Ceramic doesn’t bond well. Even then AIOs like One Step allow you to do the whole car before wipe off, a huge advantage over most traditional sealants.

Mike Phillips

Also why I focused on daily drivers that are going to be correct 1x/year and BF AIO is an easy 1 step to re-establish a baseline for PNS or WG Uber Ceramic.

Thanks for sending me a PM, it's hard to keep up 100% with every discussion all the time - but I try.

Here's the deal, you can't use a cleaner/wax as your prep step for any type of coating. I wish we could. If we could, I would use the BF One Step all day long instead of a compound or polish because it corrects well and is so much easier to wipe-off than any compound or polish I've ever used. That's because the wax component acts like a " dry lubricant".

You cannot count on an panel wipe to remove 100% of the wax or sealant component.

Once you go down the road of using any quality one-step AIO type product you have ALREADY made the decision you're not going to use a ceramic paint coating. You can still use a sealant like the PNS or BLACKFIRE BlackIce, but not a contemporary ceramic coating that needs a pure base of paint for a proper bond.

8. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes mwoywod, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Just to note - right now there is a 50% off sale for this product. It's exactly what I say it is. So this is the time to buy it to test it out or if you've already trusted me and purchased it and found it to be what I say it is then this is the time to stock up.

PBMG brands 50% off sale

The sale is good for 24 hours and at the time I'm posting this, 11:00pm on Thursday, March 26, 2020 you have 13 more hours to get in while the getting is good.

10. Thanks Loach thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just put my order in. Is this spray coating similar to Gyeon can coat? I’ve applied plenty of sealants and waxes but never a coating due to not having a garage or shade.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

Any idea how long the wolfgang spray coating will last unopened? I have the regular coating on my denali and I wasn’t planning adding another coating until the fall (it will be two years).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Two very different products. I love the PBL Surface Coating. I have not found a product that is easier to use that also leaves the paint as slick and slippery as the PBL Surface Coating. I also like to use it as a topper and a booster. It's totally worth the price. And for any regular readers of this forum, anytime there's a 25% or 30% off sale - I have a thread I try to remember to bump to let people know - now is the time to get in and get a bottle. Once you use it - you will love it. It's also great for show car final prep.

This new Wolfgang spray-on coating is the real deal. It's not to be confused with a "sealant", it's SiO2 all the way. And like I said in the video - it's super fast and easy to use.

If I were to use the two products - I would seal the paint using the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating and then use the PBL Surface Coating as a booster, for example after washing and drying the car down the road.

I'm a little confused.

The Wolfgang Uber is superior to the PBL Surface Coating when it comes to a paint coating ?

Once you go down the road of using any quality one-step AIO type product you have ALREADY made the decision you're not going to use a ceramic paint coating. You can still use a sealant like the PNS or BLACKFIRE BlackIce, but not a contemporary ceramic coating that needs a pure base of paint for a proper bond.

Could you not remove the remnants of the AIO via the use of a product like PBL Surface Cleansing Polish and then be safe to coat the paint ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Thanks for sending me a PM, it's hard to keep up 100% with every discussion all the time - but I try.

Here's the deal, you can't use a cleaner/wax as your prep step for any type of coating. I wish we could. If we could, I would use the BF One Step all day long instead of a compound or polish because it corrects well and is so much easier to wipe-off than any compound or polish I've ever used. That's because the wax component acts like a " dry lubricant".

You cannot count on an panel wipe to remove 100% of the wax or sealant component.

Glad you responded to that question from Dry Bones. The opening paragraph in the description mentions it can be applied on existing protection, but later it states it can be used as a booster on existing coatings. This is in-line with the directions to use panel wipe.

Prior to reading the description carefully, I thought maybe this was formulated like 10 Minute Paint Sealant which specifically mentions it can be topped on waxes and sealants (which I always found interesting). I’m guessing the 10 Minute product is more traditional polymer based with some SiO2 whereas this new Wolfgang Spray probably is heaven in SiO2 therefore requires the prep’d surface.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast