autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating

Guys,

Finally got my WG Ceramic Coating done a few days ago and it's comparable to my Jeweling Wax, PB Synergy and Souveran combo which is over kill but I typically go all out when I have the opportunity.

I did buy some Coating Booster Spray and wondering if I can still use my Carnuba Mist Spray since I have a half gallon left? See attached picture of the WG Ceramic Coating and thanks again for all of your help.

WigReview: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating-20200508_001943-jpg

2. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post
    Thank you.
    Does Cancoat bead longer?
    What do you like about the WG Si02 over WGPS?
    Cancoat has super tight beading. I haven’t tried any wolfgang products except Uber. I got lucky and found a combo early on that i love.

I used CQUK3 because if i figure it wasnt much harder than a lite product. I topped with Cancoat because of andy gloss people raved about.

Found PA Cosmic early as a maintenance and now i feel i’m set for my routine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Cancoat has super tight beading. I haven’t tried any wolfgang products except Uber. I got lucky and found a combo early on that i love.

I used CQUK3 because if i figure it wasnt much harder than a lite product. I topped with Cancoat because of andy gloss people raved about.

Found PA Cosmic early as a maintenance and now i feel i’m set for my routine

Thanks
    What would you say the difference is between Uber Spray Coating and Cancoat?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wig View Post
    Guys,

Finally got my WG Ceramic Coating done a few days ago and it's comparable to my Jeweling Wax, PB Synergy and Souveran combo which is over kill but I typically go all out when I have the opportunity.

I did buy some Coating Booster Spray and wondering if I can still use my Carnuba Mist Spray since I have a half gallon left? See attached picture of the WG Ceramic Coating and thanks again for all of your help.

WigReview: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating-20200508_001943-jpg
    Just be aware that PBL Synergy is supposed to apply to a bare surface or coating. So applying on a Jeweling Wax May likely impacts performance/longevity.

You can use coating booster on WG CSC or you can boost CSC with itself. If you have the booster and want to use it, go for it.

Crystal Mist will mask the coating properties temporarily and maybe even mix with CSC and change it’s properties. But try a test panel and if you like the look, go for it and enjoy. It’s the same idea as topping Synergy with Souveran.

I totally understand needing to use up product. Test panel though.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Just be aware that PBL Synergy is supposed to apply to a bare surface or coating. So applying on a Jeweling Wax May likely impacts performance/longevity.

You can use coating booster on WG CSC or you can boost CSC with itself. If you have the booster and want to use it, go for it.

Crystal Mist will mask the coating properties temporarily and maybe even mix with CSC and change it’s properties. But try a test panel and if you like the look, go for it and enjoy. It’s the same idea as topping Synergy with Souveran.

I totally understand needing to use up product. Test panel though.
    Thanks again for your response and it's probably better to use the newer technology and use the Crystal Mist on my Van; it's a Big vehicle and that should reduce the size of the container quickly and some extra bottles to local friends : )

It has a "Glassy" appearance just like Mike described and looks Amazing...This should be a big benefit to me as I don't get the opportunity to wash my vehicle as much as I would like...

Wig

7. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    There be a whole lotta WG going on...

Wolfgang Über SiO2 Silica Spray, Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating, Wolfgang Si02 Paint Sealant...Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating
    shoot, i know i'm confused...
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

9. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post
    Thanks
    What would you say the difference is between Uber Spray Coating and Cancoat?
    I cant speak on uber spray coating as i have not used. The few reviews out have been mixed. When i went with CQUK3 i didn’t need Can-coat as a top coat but could only find good to great reviews.

I would say life of it on a test spot i had (vertical panel) got 10-12 months. It gave my black paint a deep candy gloss. Super easy to use and a little goes a long way. I’ve heard a lot about Cquartz lite and sure it’s great but I won’t be switching soon.

During my deepest darkest depths of sio2 addiction I bought a bottle of Tac systems Moonlight also. Haven’t used yet but it’s another great coating lite with a good track record

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Would this be considered a solvent aka not good for single stage paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang SCS has a glassy look. It looks really good on metallics. If you top it with the Wolfgang SIO2 spray sealant it looks like it's even wetter looking.

13. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by timmyc View Post

Would this be considered a solvent aka not good for single stage paint?

Modern single stage as in urethane paint? Some Toyota's come with single stage white paint but it's not old school like lacquer or enamel, it's a modern paint formula just no clearcoat over it.

What are you working on?

15. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast