autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating

By the way, Dr. David Ghodoussi used to work for Klean-Strip and he formulated a lot of their products. I remember him telling me he worked on the Prep-All product.

A chemist that also worked for car paint companies to create modern clearcoat paints
    Dr. David Ghodoussi is a PhD Organic Chemist and his background includes working for many of the major paint companies that make automotive car paints. He was one of the chemists that helped to create modern clearcoat/basecoat paint technology back in the 1980's.

Optimum Car Wax
    Dr. Ghodoussi has a product called Optimum Car Wax which uses a patented UV protection ingredient and process that offers the same UV protection as the UV protection ingredients used in the actual clear layer of paint on your car. Dr. Ghodoussi also told me that Ford Motor Company did long term testing of protection products and documented that this product actually lived up to the claim and offered true UV protection for automotive clearcoats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The above is from my article here,

Patented UV Protection - Optimum Car Wax - by Dr. Ghodoussi at Autogeek.com

2. Likes Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    If you want a strong panel wipe, take a look at the GTechniq Panel Wipe or get some Mineral Spirits.
    Mike, you would recommend this Gtechniq over Gyeon (which I see you recommend recently) or CarPro Eraser?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I have Prep-All here at the AG Garage. Don't use it much as it really stinks and I'm not one that's bothered by foul odors but this stuff reeks.

If you want a strong panel wipe, take a look at the GTechniq Panel Wipe or get some Mineral Spirits.

Thanks Mike

Over here Mineral spirits can mean Mineral Turpentine?
    Will prepsol type product work other than smell. This is just as a test panel?

Post Thanks / Like

I have re-read this thread and have a question that I don't see has been addressed. I applied the Uber spray Ceramic on my black TransAm 5 days ago. She had to sit out for 2 days while I worked on my Daughters Mustang so she accumalated dust/pollen and then was rained on, so I washed it with WG Si02 coating wash (great product).

My question is, can I apply another coat of the Spray Ceramic?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNMIKE46 View Post
    I have re-read this thread and have a question that I don't see has been addressed. I applied the Uber spray Ceramic on my black TransAm 5 days ago. She had to sit out for 2 days while I worked on my Daughters Mustang so she accumalated dust/pollen and then was rained on, so I washed it with WG Si02 coating wash (great product).

My opinion: if you hadn’t used WG Coating Wash and it’s only been a few weeks (so not much embedded dirt or contaminants in that time) then yes, definitely.

And I would still do it after using the coating wash. These are both WG ceramic products, they should use similar polymers, SiO2 formulation. Chances are they will play well together and feed off each other. Plus, the CSC bottle holds a ton of applications so why not use it and play around. I can’t imagine anything ‘bad’ coming out of this.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that quick response. This stuff is so darn quick and easy to apply and remove its crazy!!

8. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So are multiple coats for durability better than just one? Can it be applied over the WG Si02 Paint Sealant as well? Just thinking back to the days (like last year) when I would top off the WG DGPS with WG Fuzion and am wondering if the benefits of multiple coatings apply to ceramic products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willbeen View Post
    So are multiple coats for durability better than just one? Can it be applied over the WG Si02 Paint Sealant as well? Just thinking back to the days (like last year) when I would top off the WG DGPS with WG Fuzion and am wondering if the benefits of multiple coatings apply to ceramic products.
    Differing opinions and none are probably wrong. I like two coats of anything for sure coverage. I don’t detail for money so I’m not trying to save every last drop of product though.

In my opinion, there’s potential benefits for topping SiO2 and Ceramic Spray in either order. I don’t know longevity of each yet but the sealant has had better behavior for me so it would be good on top... but on the other hand Ceramic Spray is so easy to apply and it’s behavior is still good, so it would be a good topper just to apply whenever. PBMG products always have good synergy so my bet is that you can mix and match these things to what you are looking for and they will most likely leave you with a smile.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as panel wipes go, Gtechniq Panel Wipe is much stronger and more significant than the Gyeon/CarPro twins. If you're trying to specifically tackle fresh products, Gtechniq will do a better job at this in knocking them down. After polishing paint I still feel Gyeon/CarPro are effective, and definitely paint safe, so there's a balancing act going on in terms of strength and safety. Gtechniq feels like I could get into trouble if I'm not careful with how I'm working with it, but I need to pull it out more and see if I can get trouble to pop up negligently. This is where Prep-All shines, because I haven't been in a situation yet with Prep-All where I felt it was unsafe on the paint, even in negligent circumstances. More power than Gyeon/CarPro, better on/off application than the other ones especially Gtechniq, and by far the best price of the bunch for the gallon. The main issue with Prep-All is like Mike said, the smell is heavy solvent based. I've used much worse smelling, but I still like to wear my half-mask respirator with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TNMIKE46 View Post

Yes, you can definitely add a second application of the Spray Coating and this may ultimately be more beneficial than one coat. I'm working on testing this right now, on my front bumper I've added a second coat on half of it after my last wash, so I will check to see how this holds up compared to the single application on the other half. I'll be able to observe the first wash of the second coat tomorrow and report back.

12. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@Loach, what is the unsafe potential you speak of for Gtechniq? Lack of lubricity, drying out paint, other?

Looks like I’m in the market for Prep-All.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast