autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Black Label Waterless Wash and Protect

Hey Mike,

Is the protection element in this a SiO2 based protection or something else?
    Also, is there a reason you seem to prefer waterless washes to rinseless washes? It's always been my impression that rinseless washes due to the amount of liquid being placed on the panel are safer than waterless washes?
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

2. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Hey Mike,

Hopefully I’m overreacting too soon here, but I doubt it:
    You just led me to realize this may not be SiO2 based protection (based on re-reading the descriptions, there’s no mention). I had bought a few bottles thinking it was. My fingers are crossed, otherwise I don’t understand why an RTU bottle of old-school waterless wash is $25 coming from a brand that use to be PBMG’s nano-ceramic line.
    Quotes from the PBL intro page;

The latest evolution of the Pinnacle line is Black Label, a collection of coatings and other cutting-edge surface care products that will redefine car care...
    We are proud to introduce what is being hailed as some of the best paint, wheel, and glass coatings available; Pinnacle Black Label Collection.
    I was fooled the same way when I bought Synergy Spray Sealant. I had thought “Synergy is a ceramic wax hybrid, this spray must be a compliment with SiO2 properties, cool!” Wrong.

With this WW I figured this was the PBL version of WG SiO2 Waterless Wash which came out a few mo the before. Now it looks like I’m wrong again. The PBL brand is starting to become miscellaneous which is unfortunate. I need to slap myself and remember that new PBL products may have nothing to do with the nano-ceramic technology that the brand was built on.

Rant over, for now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Try grabbing the towel folded in fours with open sides in between thumb and index. As you are dragging across paint roll your hand cupped from face down to face up. That way when contact point comes into contact with big particles you are rolling that section off paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not 100% clear on what you mean by "open sides" but the key takeaway seems to be moving the contact point, which is what I try to do in these situations.

I was just wondering whether Mike does so as well, or if he feels it isn't necessary due to the nap, or maybe he simply has a different technique.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Hey Mike,

Also, is there a reason you seem to prefer waterless washes to rinseless washes? It's always been my impression that rinseless washes due to the amount of liquid being placed on the panel are safer than waterless washes?
    Bump.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

7. Thanks WillSports3 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12