autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Review: Speed Master Detailer's Seat

Review: Speed Master Detailer's Seat

Speed Master Detailer's Seat

What it is?

Roll-around seat to sit on while detailing cars

What it does?

Provides a comfortable foam cushion place to sit while working on the lower portions of a car. Makes it easy to move around the car with 4 castor wheels. Has storage areas for tools, pads, supplies as well as product bottles or beverages.

When to use it?

Anytime you're working on the lower portions of a car detailing project.

Why to use it?

So much more comfortable and convenient than sitting on the ground. Because it can be separated, it also comes in hand as a step stool for reaching the roof or other areas on tall vehicles.

Mike's Comments....
    I love detailing cars and my favorite areas are any of the areas where I can stand. That said, there's a lot of real-estate below the waistline that needs to be detailed and for these areas it's nice to have a solid roll-around chair. That's what the Speed Master Detailer's Seat is, a roll-around chair but it also includes a few more features to make any detailer project easier including a foam cushion seat, storage under the seat and a place to keep a cold bottle of water.

Let's take a closer look at the Speed Master Detailer's Seat...

Assembly is pretty straight-forward but there are directions and a easy-to-follow diagram showing you where all the various components attach.

The Seat Cushion nestles into to top of the Detailer's Seat and is secured there by a plastic lip that is higher than the honeycomb grill that supports the cushion.

There are 4 sturdy castor wheels that are inserted into the 4 corners of the bottom of the base.

Hold the wheel firmly and press the shaft into the hole found at each corner. You can also use a rubber mallet or even a block of wood to pound the wheels into the base.

Press into the hole until the wheel bottoms out.

There's a rubber tool bracket that holds small tools in place on the back side of the upper portion of the seat.

The rubber bracket is attached using three screws, which are included.

You'll find an indented area on one side of the upper portion of the seat where the rubber bracket nestles into. Using a sharpie or pen, mark the seat base where the holes align.

The screws are self-tapping if you have the strength and ability to screw them into the plastic. If not, you can also use a drill to drill 3 holes where you've made the marks.

After creating the holes, place the screws into the rubber bracket and then attach to the seat base.

There are 2 bottle or beverage holders and these simply snap into place on the sides of the lower seat base.

At this point, the Detailer's Seat is ready to use.

Dual-Purpose - Roll-around seat or step stool

You can also convert the roll-around seat into a step stool. Simply pull the top seat base apart from the lower storage base and insert 4 rubber feet into the 4 legs.

Review

This is one handy tool everyone can put to good use, especially if you don't have a floor lift of some type in your garage. Sitting your butt on the ground and scooting around the car when working on the lower sections is not only not fun, you get dirty too. With the Speed Master Detailer's Seat you have a foam cushion seat to sit on that's both sturdy and comfortable and now you're up off the ground. When fully assembled, the Detailer's Seat is 14" in height which is still low enough to comfortably reach and work on the lower sections of the car as well as the wheels and tires.

Ample storage onboard
    Besides holding you, there's also ample storage under the seat in the base to hold your products, some towels and extra pads. This is super handy as you save time leaving the work to get these items as your work around the lower section of a car. And the sturdy caster wheels roll easy when you're ready to move to a new section on the car.

6" of extra reach
    Often times you need a few inches of left to properly reach the middle of the roof on a car and by simply separating the top seat from the lower base and attaching the rubber feat you can get an extra 6" of height. The rubber feet keep the seat firmly secured to the floor so when using it as a step stool the seat won't slide out from under you.

14" from the floor to the top of these seat

6" of extra standing height

This is a well-thought out roll-around seat that makes detailing the lower portions of you car faster, easier and all while keeping you clean.

I use it and I recommend it.

On Autogeek.com

2. Thanks Diner, Aaryn NZ, Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Speed Master Detailer's Seat

Now available on the AG store!

4. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the other creeper with the bigger wheels. Like that this one has more storage and the bottle holders.

If you got any kinda back l/ knee issues this makes lower rockers and wheels so much easier. Couldn’t see myself detailing with out one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Now available on the AG store!

Special On way to SW Pa...

Mike Phillips

More...

Using it this morning to clay the chrome bumpers on this old 2-door Dodge that is/was covered in clearcoat overspray.

The perfect height to sit on and rub clay over chrome...

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a cool product.

But, funny that they require you to mark and drill your own holes for the small tool rack, even though it's included.

It may seem simple to do for most, but for some users that may not be mechanically inclined..... not so much.

JMO
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Here's a video showing the Detailer's Seat in action...

12. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Looks like a cool product.

But, funny that they require you to mark and drill your own holes for the small tool rack, even though it's included.

It may seem simple to do for most, but for some users that may not be mechanically inclined..... not so much.

JMO

The screws are sharp and pointy enough, if have the grip strength and dexterous agility, you can simply drive the screws in by hand with a screwdriver.

14. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the concept with the extra storage space under the seat. Only flaw I see after re-reading Mike's post is using the upper section as a short stool. The rubber feet have to be installed and then removed when using in on the roller base.

One nice touch is that large flat surface for the seat or anything you want to place on it. I could see using as a companion roller to follow me as I work the sides on my Speed Master Rolling Detailier's cart (or similar unit).

Kirby

Post Thanks / Like

Wish the wheels were larger. That won't roll around well on my concrete driveway. Wheels will jam in the expansion joints.

17. Likes KBsToy liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast