Review: Speed Master Bucket Buddy

Speed Master Bucket Buddy

What is it and what does it do?

It is a pocket system that attaches to the outside of any large 5-gallon bucket that holds your favorite and/or most often used products and tools onto the side of the bucket.

When to use it?

Anytime you're going to wash your car.

Why to use it?

Streamline your car washing process and save you steps and time by keeping the washing tools and product you use most located on your car wash bucket.

How to attach the Bucket Buddy to your bucket

The bucket buddy uses a cinch strap to attach to the indented gap that runs around the top of the bucket and one of the ribs found on most buckets.

This area you see my pointing to.

Start by wrapping the Bucket Buddy around the bucket and attaching the cinch strap to the plastic clasp.

The clasp uses the normal under/over style of threading a strap to a clasp.

IMPORTANT

Now this is key. Most people would fit the strap around the inner top lip of the bucket and then use their best SUPERMAN strength to pull the strap tight. Wrong. You won't be able to pull the strap tight enough to secure it INTO the lip and hold it above the plastic rib that prevents the strap from sliding off the rip and then down the bucket.

Instead, fit the top of the Bucket Buddy around the top of the bucket so the strap portion is just above the top lips of the bucket.

Like you see in this close-up shot...

Next pull the tail of the strap tight through the clasp so that the perimeter of the strap (surrounding the bucket circumference) is a tick smaller than the bucket circumference. You want the strap to be TIGHT - but you still need to be able to pull and slide the top of the Bucket Buddy down over the lip of the bucket so it SEATS into the indented section above the lip where the cinch strap will lock into.

After you tighten the cinch strap and carefully pull the top of the Bucket Buddy down over the top lip of the bucket the cinch strap will cradle into the indented section above the rib that runs around the bucket and it should look like this.

Now you're ready to load up the pockets with your favorite tools and products.

There's a plastic ring for holding a towel for when you need to clean into intricate or hard to reach places on your car.

There's three small pockets perfect for holding small detailing brushes.

The large pockets are big enough to hold most bottles of your favorite car washing products....

How many times have we all lost our foam gun sprayer?

My favorite wheel cleaning brush - the Wheel Woolies Black Wheel Face Brush - worth it's weight in GOLD!

How can anyone live without this handy-dandy large multi-purpose brush - it's perfect for fuel doors, around emblems and I use this to SAFELY clean around flexible RUBBER valve stems on wheels.

Short stiff bristle tire cleaning brush....

A real step-saver and time saver, the Bucket Buddy!

Review
I always say, and know from experience, for us "Car People", (as well as detailers), the thing we do most to our cars is wash it. We machine polish and wax or use a ceramic paint coating ONCE-IN-A-WHILE - but - we tend to wash our cars often. At least I know I do. Like my good friend Barry Meguiar's says,

Frequent car care is easy car care

The key tools for washing your car include,

1. Water hose
  2. Bucket
  3. Car Wash
  4. Wash Mitt

Besides those 4 things, there's a host of different tools and chemicals we use to REALLY get our car clean. The Bucket Buddy simply provides a way to hold these products and tools onto the bucket so they are next to you as you wash the car. If you don't have your tools and product next to you - you end up wasting time walking back and forth to your garage or wherever you store your supplies and all this walking adds up to wasted steps and wasted time. The Bucket Buddy saves you steps and saves you time. When you're done washing your car, rinse out your bucket and store it away with your favorite tools and products with it so it's ready to go the next time you wash your car.

The Bucket Buddy work great but they key is getting the cinch strap TIGHT around the section of bucket above the rib found on most buckets. My guess is after the Bucket Buddy gets wet, the material will stretch a little, (that's normal for any material), so simply loosen the strap, lift the Bucket Buddy up a little over the top of the lip of the bucket and re-tighten and then pull it down until it fits into the indented area above the plastic rib and you're good to go.

The Bucket Buddy is a handy accessory to anyone's detailing arsenal and also a great gift idea for that person you know that washes their car so often you'd think they'll wash the paint right off the car!

On Autogeek.com

Speed Master Bucket Buddy