autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Spray Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by Sue ZQ View Post
    Would you recommend the Pinnacle Black Label Synergy wax Spray Sealant due to ease of use over the heralded winter protection of Collinite 845?

Or....Nothing over the current CarPro sealants/toppers at all, and just maintaining the coating with CarPro Refresh shampoo/Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash with an occasional spritz of Elixir? Many articulate that any type of wax over a coating negates the purpose..
    My vote (which means nothing really) for your situation would be to keep the SiO2 toppers coming on the coating. However, applying Synergy Spray or Collinite would not hurt and would likely help your duration of protection, but would also probably hold onto dirt/salt more than the ceramic toppers would.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Sue ZQ View Post

Or....Nothing over the current CarPro sealants/toppers at all, and just maintaining the coating with CarPro Refresh shampoo/Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash with an occasional spritz of Elixir?

Many articulate that any type of wax over a coating negates the purpose.

I'm one of the "many".

If you go to the work and/or expense to install or to have installed a ceramic, quartz or polymer paint coating, then instead of applying something over the coating to protect the coating simply do your best to keep the coating clean and let it do it's thing.

I understand that's more difficult to do when you live where it's cold, wet, raining and snowy.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally had a chance to use this product on a friends Ram Truck, a metallic grey. The truck was washed the day before by a mobile wash service so I have no knowledge of what they used in products. I struggled with this application and used a primed MF applicator and spray on paint. Wiped off in sections as applied but notice a lot of streaking. I tried both a short nap and long nap MF towels but still no changes.
    Question, has anyone else experienced problems with streaking. Applied under cloudy skies and temps near 65-degrees.
    Since this truck was washed I did notice as I had to use a rinseless wash in sections, that it had some protection but not much.

FYI. Overall surface looked fine unless studied closely
    Curious

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post
    I finally had a chance to use this product on a friends Ram Truck, a metallic grey. The truck was washed the day before by a mobile wash service so I have no knowledge of what they used in products. I struggled with this application and used a primed MF applicator and spray on paint. Wiped off in sections as applied but notice a lot of streaking. I tried both a short nap and long nap MF towels but still no changes.
    Question, has anyone else experienced problems with streaking. Applied under cloudy skies and temps near 65-degrees.
    Since this truck was washed I did notice as I had to use a rinseless wash in sections, that it had some protection but not much.

Curious
    I can understand your problem, it’s extremely thick and left a lot of hazing. I was able to wipe off though but wasn’t always easy. I eventually used very little and was able to wipe it off better. Had a lot of trouble wiping off all haze/streaks early on when applying moderately heavy.

I wonder what was on the truck prior, and whether that impacted the spray wax.

5. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post

Curious
    I'll surmise, based on what is not stated here, that the streaking is a mixture of things..... first... the surface was not clayed.... second... the Pinnacle product mixed with the wax that was included in the soap the mobile wash service used.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post

I'll surmise, based on what is not stated here, that the streaking is a mixture of things..... first... the surface was not clayed....

Here's the deal - products like this are for use ONLY on paint that is already clean and smooth. This means either brand new car with the paint in great shape, (we all know just because a car is NEW does not automatically mean the paint is in great shape), or paint that had been properly prepped, this would mean,

Washed and dried
    Clayed if needed
    Surface defects like oxidation, surface impurities, road grime or any other surface contaminants are removed.

It's real simple. There are LSPs that CLEAN as you use them and there are LSPs that DON'T clean as you use them.

MOST spray on waxes, sealants and SiO2 products are non-cleaning. This means they should only be used on paint as I described above.

Mike Phillips

Just to note - after using the Dr. Color Chip system on your car it's a good idea to have a product that can quickly spray-on and be wiped-off to go over the repair area to create a final, high gloss uniform appearance. This is usually for the front clip of the car but can be other areas too.

After thinking about it - I chose the product showcased in this write-up

Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Spray Sealant

Quick, fast and easy.

Here's the LIVE class we'll be showing this spray sealant.

Complete List of Live Broadcast Videos on YouTube - Yancy Martinez & Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Shared here,

simple green

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123