autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Spray Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    More....

I'd also like to include that you can use this as a wax-as-you-dry type product, that is after washing and rinsing the car, mist this onto each panel right before wiping the water off the panel. I did not try this product like this on this Mustang as I'm not a fan of this technique personally. Haven't been all my life. But if that's a style you like then give it a whirl.

And here's a few more pictures of this car outside before it left to go home with the new owner....

Is that how people use drying aids? The way I do it is I dry the car 95% first then quickly go back over everything with a spray product misted on to a towel. Then I quickly buff it off with a clean one panel by panel more or less.

I thought that was a drying aid?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I’m starting to realize that this may not have any SiO2 / ceramic / nano-glass properties in it. If that’s the case and it’s only carnauba and non-Ceramic polymers, it’s sort of surprising given that Synergy Wax and PBL Sealant both have the nano-glass or resin based formulas. Or maybe the synthetic part of it includes the ceramic formula?

Any chance of getting clarification about the above formula questions, even in a very generic sense?

Synergy Paste Wax beads / self cleans extremely well, PBL Sealant ain’t bad either. If this spray doesn’t bead in the same category (doesn’t have to be as good but shouldn’t be a clear detriment), then it’s something I would save for topping my sealants and waxes only.
    I think this is made to top the black label reserve wax which has no ceramic properties. I don't think this does either. Just my opinion IDK for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I think I was into this car for about 10 hours. Part of what took time was cleaning and treating the canvas top. I used the SUPA BEAST to compound and polish AND my secret technique to cut down time for paint correction.

This was a customer's car and it worked out for both this Pinnacle review and also a picture in the brand new FLEX catalog with a picture of me working on the Saleen Mustang using the new SUPA BEAST.

I think I'm in the new catalog, or at least pictures of me using their tools about 5 times. Kind of cool. I appreciate how FLEX gives due credit where credit is due.

Also - the OFFICIAL FLEX name for the CORDLESS BEAST is now

CBEAST

You can see it on page 5 of the new catalog. They put a hyphen between the letter C and the word BEAST, I originally coined the name as one word and of course, like the FLEX name, all capital letters.

I also coined the name Pixie for the PXE 80. FLEX went with "THE GAME CHANGER" for the catalog but I doubt that will stick. People are already calling it the Pixie. Basically I simply ran the letters P and X and E together as it naturally flows off the tongue this way. I also looked up the definition for what a Pixie is and then sent this idea to Chris Metcalf at FLEX before he went to Germany.

Chris changed the spelling to use all capital letters for the PXE and lower case letters for the two letter i's - so --> PiXiE - and that's the story behind the story.

And on page 14 of the new FLEX catalog, (and it's also in the 2019 FLEX catalog), the official name for the traditional FLEX XC 3401 VRG is,

"THE BEAST"

And on page 24, the official name for the FLEX XFE 7-15 150 is,

"THE FINISHER"

Our forum member Dan Tran is the person that came up with that official name.

Time to go wash a car...

Awesome, I felt better when you said 10 hours until you through in the cover lol. I know and appreciate the secret technique. I used it on my fathers truck with the 7" rupes pads on the flex. I did that in 10 hours but it was wash decon clay and one step that is it.

Have you tried the rupes millie polishes with the flex tool yet? The ultra fine show car polish worked unbelievably. The fine polish with the flex is what I'm going to use first next time I detail my car.

If I buy a cordless It's def going to be the CBEAST. It would be a lot easier to move my light around without having to worry about the cord.

I haven't had a chance to use the M16 you sent me yet. I'm planning to use it to top my fathers truck next time I maintenance wash it. It will be perfect because all that's on there is the meguiars 1 step. Can you link me to the article you wrote on it if you have it handy? I can search for it myself too I know I saw one before?

Hope everything's going great for you,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    PBMG polymers are some of the best out there also like duragloss products

Mike when are the PBMG chemists going to take a look at Graphene and the protection it offers seems like a cash cow.
    Do they still use the same chemists as they did when bob Mckee had it? I've been wondering this for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

I like “Pixie” much better than “Game Changer”. After all what actually is game changing about it? Not knocking it, but does it do anything majorly different than Rupes Ibrid Nano?

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a AIO (all-in-one) this would work well with? I'm becoming a big fan of polishing with a AIO in the spring, immediately "topping" the high-impact areas with a substantial spray sealant, then maintaining with just the spray sealant throughout year. I don't think I see a AIO in the Black Label lineup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I like “Pixie” much better than “Game Changer”. After all what actually is game changing about it? Not knocking it, but does it do anything majorly different than Rupes Ibrid Nano?
    I agree. This is a catch phrase that is WAY over used at this point. It's worse then "make no mistake" at this point. Everything is a game changer, Nobodies even playing a game.

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    Is there a AIO (all-in-one) this would work well with? I'm becoming a big fan of polishing with a AIO in the spring, immediately "topping" the high-impact areas with a substantial spray sealant, then maintaining with just the spray sealant throughout year. I don't think I see a AIO in the Black Label lineup.
    I think that's a great idea and this would work well with any wax polymer AIO out there. I was going to do something similar to my fathers truck a couple weeks ago after I used meguiars aio on it. I just ran out of time. But that's a great way to boost the mediocre protection you get from most AIO's. If it's your own vehicle or one you have access to you don't even have to do it the same time. You could put it on a month later. Thats what I'm going to do on my fathers. A maintenance was then some quick protection like 10 minute paint sealant.

8. Thanks DetailZeus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I think this is made to top the black label reserve wax which has no ceramic properties. I don't think this does either. Just my opinion IDK for sure.
    Yeah, I just jumped on this and ordered based off the synergy name, assumed it was a SiO2 Spray Sealant with carnauba that could give properties similar to the paste wax. I guess I still don’t get why the Synergy name was chosen for a normal spray wax/sealant... and it may be a great product, but not what the name would imply.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

I’m starting to realize that this may not have any SiO2 / ceramic / nano-glass properties in it. If that’s the case and it’s only carnauba and non-Ceramic polymers, it’s sort of surprising given that Synergy Wax and PBL Sealant both have the nano-glass or resin based formulas. Or maybe the synthetic part of it includes the ceramic formula?

Any chance of getting clarification about the above formula questions, even in a very generic sense?

From the store page for this product. Last sentence of the second paragraph.

With the Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Spray, you get all the benefits from both carnauba AND synthetic waxes in one product.

And the second sentence in my review (bottom of the first post)

It's substantial, not watery.

Andre first shared this product with me when he was testing it. He had it in a clear plastic bottle. When you tipped the bottle from side to side, the product stuck to the side instead of just dripping or running down the sides as though it were thin like water. Then he showed me how when you apply it, it's "substantial" on the surface, not thin and easily moved around. And don't try to apply to an entire car at one time and then wipe-off, it's a tick on the sticky side as in lots of solids being laid down.

It's not an SiO2 type product but it's also not your Dad's spray wax.

Thank you for the questions.

11. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for some additional protection against salt/rust etc. to apply OVER CQuartz UK 3.0 topped with ReLoad/Gliss sealant. Just for the worst of the 3 months, when I'm more concerned about harsh element protection rather than the gloss and shine of the coating whilst driving through low visibility blizzards. Just FINE -- and desireable--that it wears off in the spring.

Would you recommend the Pinnacle Black Label Synergy wax Spray Sealant due to ease of use over the heralded winter protection of Collinite 845?

Or....Nothing over the current CarPro sealants/toppers at all, and just maintaining the coating with CarPro Refresh shampoo/Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash with an occasional spritz of Elixir? Many articulate that any type of wax over a coating negates the purpose.

Open to suggestions regarding this product.

My objectives utilitarian, easy maintaince in an ice cold garage, and budget-friendly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast