autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Black Label Ceramic Trim Restorer

I wonder how it stacks up to Solution Finish? I’ve coated over Solution Finish with CarPro DLux for a hydrophobic shine. We need a side by side test of the two products. I bought the large size of Solution Finish that will be handed down to my great-great grandchildren, buy the small size, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey mike my trims not in bad condition. I cleaned the heck out of it with a drill attachment and by hand. I've used it two separate times now and I'm not happy about how it came out. It's very blotchy and the dye just doesn't look good to me. I tried 4-5 different applicators. I don't know why I'm not getting good results? I shook the hell out of it. I did the wipe down 2x to make sure.

I'm wondering if there is any way to take this stuff off? I can live with most of whats done but there are a couple high spots from when I used it the first time that cured. It looks like a black stain. I'm wondering if anything will take that section off so I can redo it?

I got some advice from Meghan about going over it with a second coat. I did try that on a section and it def helped but it doesn't do anything for the real high spots. I'm just wondering whats the recommendation for second coats? Should you do it after a half hour or sooner or wait until it cures? I haven't seen anything official about layering coats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    How strong of an APC would you recommend? I just did mine with the drill brush but I only used carpro multix at like 25/1. They recommend 20/1 for general cleaning. Would you go any stronger then that?

This is their dilution recommendations for convenience. If anyone could tell me what "neat" means that would be great.

Dilutions:
    • Pad Cleaner 1:10 ~ 1:20
    • Pre-Wash: 1:1 ~ 1:20
    • Tires: Neat ~ 1:10
    • Engine Bay: Neat ~ 1:20
    • Streaks: Neat ~ 1:20
    • High Pressure cleaning 1:100
    “Neat” means non-diluted or without water. Order your whiskey this way, lol.

4. Likes fightnews, acuRAS82, UncleDavy, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    “Neat” means non-diluted or without water. Order your whiskey this way, lol.
    Cool thanks, good to know!

Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys think about applying this with a coating applicator block and piece of suede?

I'm going to try this and I'll take pics. I think the microfiber applicators soak up to much of the product.

Post Thanks / Like

^^Interesting. Thanks for trying this. Report back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    ^^Interesting. Thanks for trying this. Report back.
    Yes def I've only been able to work with this a little at a time. I'm not saying it's a bad product but it's not like applying a trim dressing. This is the real deal it has to be done right. And by right I mean perfect.

It be nice to get some more information on relayering and what constitutes overworking? Like after a few minutes if it doesn't look right is it better to leave it and relayer after X amount of time or keep working it.

Also is there anyway to remove it if you have problem areas? I know its semi permanent but is there any way to remove cured product that doesn't look right?

This is all important information

Post Thanks / Like

I hope everyone's had a Happy Thanksgiving. I understand no one is around right now but I wanted to put up one more question that anyone can answer whenever they feel like it.

After you apply the Black label ceramic trim restorer is your trim now considered coated? I'm seeing a lot of products that say they can be applied to "trim (coated)". Just like that in the parenthesis. Thats why I want to know?

Post Thanks / Like

Finally finished if anyone cares? This is a good product but it's a lot of work to do right. If you buy it use a small coating block and piece of suede. It goes on better and u waste less product. You don't get much for the amount you need to get a nice coat of it on.

I would still like to know a few things.

1. Is there a way to remove high spots?

2. If you want to add layers a few weeks or months down the road how much do you have to re clean the trim? I don't think you want to scrub it with a stiff brush or a drill brush again. I imagine that would damage it?

3. Can you top it with other ceramic products that can be used on trim? I have some c2v3 liquid crystal I would like to use over it after I finish recoating a couple trim panels. Obviously that's a cheaper alternative to reapplying this every couple months.

Anyway my final review is a thumbs up but you should know going in it's more work than a trim dressing. For me it's one of those things you need to do once or twice to figure out. Treat it like a paint coating as far as application.

If anyone has any questions I can help with feel free. I would like to help and exchange tips.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I wonder how it stacks up to Solution Finish? I’ve coated over Solution Finish with CarPro DLux for a hydrophobic shine. We need a side by side test of the two products. I bought the large size of Solution Finish that will be handed down to my great-great grandchildren, buy the small size, lol.
    I used solution finish a couple years ago. I remember it goes on a lot easier but it doesn't quite have the refined look this stuff has.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast