autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Liquid Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Now available. Very nice product.

The perfect topper for BLACKFIRE One Step.

Was told the same on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BTLew81 View Post
    Sure, but this is a hybrid. Interested in the real world testing but I have faith the durability is decent based on the excellent reputation of BF products.
    Sorry, I was meaning to respond to RLM in post #7 about carnauba waxes in general. Forgot to reply with quote.

I agree the longevity of Liquid BlackICE should probably be good based on reputation.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Now available. Very nice product.

The perfect topper for BLACKFIRE One Step.

Hey Mike, question for you. I recently detailed my Miata (the repainted one) using the orange Boss pads, G9 polisher, clay and Iron-X, BF One Step, and topped it with Sonax PNS.

In the case of using Black Ice as a topper to the One Step, does that render the PNS redundant? Or can one still do:

One Step > Black Ice > PNS > Sonax BSD (between washes)
    2006 Mk5 GTI
    2018 BRG Miata Club

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by g60corrado91 View Post

Hey Mike, question for you. I recently detailed my Miata (the repainted one) using the orange Boss pads, G9 polisher, clay and Iron-X, BF One Step, and topped it with Sonax PNS.

In the case of using Black Ice as a topper to the One Step, does that render the PNS redundant?

Or can one still do:

One Step > Black Ice > PNS > Sonax BSD (between washes)

Great question...

I think it would make the PNS "kind of" redundant. The thing is, the PNS is a totally different product than the BlackIce. I would use one or the other. The BlackIce will be easier to apply and wipe off and leave a slicker feeling finish.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great question...

I think it would make the PNS "kind of" redundant. The thing is, the PNS is a totally different product than the BlackIce. I would use one or the other. The BlackIce will be easier to apply and wipe off and leave a slicker feeling finish.

Thanks Mike! PNS is definitely not fun to remove! I like the idea of the [up to 6 months of protection] as the car does sit outside, but it sounds like the BlackIce also protects/seals and will make it shine even more!
    2006 Mk5 GTI
    2018 BRG Miata Club

Mike Phillips

Just to note - right now there is a 50% off sale for this product. It's exactly what I say it is. So this is the time to buy it to test it out or if you've already trusted me and purchased it and found it to be what I say it is then this is the time to stock up.

PBMG brands 50% off sale

The sale is good for 24 hours and at the time I'm posting this, 11:00pm on Thursday, March 26, 2020 you have 13 more hours to get in while the getting is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to note - right now there is a 50% off sale for this product. It's exactly what I say it is. So this is the time to buy it to test it out or if you've already trusted me and purchased it and found it to be what I say it is then this is the time to stock up.

PBMG brands 50% off sale

The sale is good for 24 hours and at the time I'm posting this, 11:00pm on Thursday, March 26, 2020 you have 13 more hours to get in while the getting is good.

Thanks for adding this to the chain on this product. I went back and read your review and sounds great for the one-step and seal for Texas heat. Sadly, the heat kicked in the past few days breaking all highs for March! And then we have summer heat so this sounds something to buy NOW-Today and keep for the seasons ahead. Gotta keep the Fedex/UPS drivers moving and keeping somebody employed.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Mike.

Question. Does this fully dry to pass the swipe test 100% or does it remain somewhat oily?

I used this for the first time tonight over one step and it didn’t fully dry after sitting 45+ minutes. It wiped off super easy, just like the PBMG paste wowo waxes like BF midnight sun or Souveran. Definitely left a slick feeling with a bump in gloss. I did indeed shake very well and my application was super thin and machine applied.

Humidity was a tad high tonight though. Perhaps that was a factor.

Just curious as to if this is your experience or maybe I got a weird bottle.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have experience with this?
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I used it last weekend. I machine waxed my wife's Pilot after using Blackfire One step. I let it haze the entire time I waxed the car - probably over an hour on some panels. To be honest, I forgot to do the finger swipe but in my recollection, it was more oily than a traditional wax. Like you mentioned, it wiped off super easy with very minimal elbow grease to get it to come off. It still looks great today, I was in the garage as she was leaving to head to the store and even thought to myself - minus the smooshed bug on the front of the car, it still looks as I just wiped the wax off of it. So, in my very minimal expert opinion, maybe that is how it is supposed to work??????

I have traditionally been a Meguiars guy, but I really like the Blackfire One step and Hybrid Wax combo. Easy to go on, easy to come off and it looks great.

11. Thanks Dr Oldz thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast