autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Review: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Cleaner & Repellant

Review: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Cleaner & Repellant

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Cleaner & Repellant

What it is?
    All-in-One glass cleaner and repellant.

What it does?
    Cleans glass, leaves behind a hydrophobic surface that repels water and dirt.

When to use it?
    Anytime glass is dirty or as a maintenance product to maintain a hydrophobic/water repelling surface.

Why to use it?
    To keep glass cleaner longer and also for safer driving as water will fly off the windshield after speeds above 30 miles per hour.

From the Autogeek Store

Diamond-brilliant, streak-free results!

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Cleaner & Repellent is an ammonia-free specialty formula glass cleaner designed with safety in mind. Clear glass is an important safety protocol when driving as contaminants, hazing, and streaks will keep your vision blocked—especially when driving at night or in the rain. Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Cleaner & Repellent keeps your glass clear of contaminants while adding an extra layer of protection to keep rain from pooling and clouding your vision. Rainwater will bead off your glass like crazy! Simply spray on and wipe off for a diamond-brilliant result and a safer drive.

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Cleaner & Repellent isn’t just a glass cleaner—it also improves water sheeting by repelling water away from the glass surface! No more mineral deposits stuck to the surface of your glass when you’re under the protection of Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Cleaner & Repellent. Even during the most torrential rainfalls, you might not need to use the wipers because the water will be flying off effortlessly!

We know how important it is to have streak-free and diamond-clear glass. It’s especially important to take that clarity and add a boost of protection with rainwater repellent. Which is why we designed Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Cleaner & Repellent. This superior formula will leave you amazed by how crystal clear your glass is with minimal effort and maximum effect!

Directions

1. Work on a cool surface in the shade.
    2. On a dry vehicle, spray Diamond Glass Cleaner & Repellent liberally over glass.
    3. Buff and wipe away excess product with a clean, dry microfiber cloth or glass towel.
    4. Repeat on all glass surfaces.

My comments
    A glass cleaner is not a complicated product. If you're reading this and you need me to explain how to use it, well I can do that but I think the steps listed above pretty much explains the process. What's more interesting is my take on this product and I'll share that in my review below. First up, I used the product so there's no mock-up taking place, the windshield, as you'll see, had dead bug and road film on it.

Action shots...

Here's the company van. It was last used to go to a car show. Either on the way to the show or on the way back it rained. Rain = Oil Road Film.

Let me move around to the side to get a better angle to show the road film and the dead bugs.

Ah.... that's better. The real deal. A dirty windshield.

And a few dead bugs - AND these bugs have been here now for at least a few weeks. This means they have fully dried and bonded to the glass.

This is a cropped out section from the above. The area on the left is Road Film. If you don't know what road film is, read my article here.

Here's the new PBL Glass Cleaner and Repellant. Next to it is a Speed Master Glass Towel. (I have more out of camera shot)

Spray the glass cleaner and repellant onto the glass...

Rub over glass with towel....

BOOM! Clear, streak-free glass.

For the video Yancy shot, he sprayed some water onto the glass. It beaded up like crazy!

Tight, tall and small - just how I like my water beading.

Then I cleaned the other side and now the glass is clean, streak-free and ready for the road again.

Review

So I went into this product review thinking, ho-hum... how good can it be? I 100% did not expect it to work very well to cut through the oily road film OR breakdown and remove the dried bug guts. To my surprise, it worked GREAT! I thought I would use 3-4 towels on each side of the windshield, I used 2 towels. One to do the grunt work and one to give the glass a final wipe and a final application of the magic voodoo ingredient that creates the hydrophobic surface. So 4 towels in all.

In fact, it worked so well, at our Wednesday meeting, I shared my experience with our team to let those in sales know as well as just let everyone in general know, it's a damn nice glass cleaner. I like it so much, it's now my go-to glass cleaner for my own cars. Yes, it's that good.

On Autogeek.com

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Cleaner & Repellant

Speed Master Premium Glass Towel - 6 Pack

2. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Cleaner & Repellant

Now available!

4. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post