autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Griot's G9 - 9mm Orbit Stroke Random Orbital Polisher by Mike Phillips

Great review, Mike. Very little doubt this will be my next GG6 upgrade polisher.

Just to compliment what Mike wrote, I recently watched a Youtube video where some guys compared 23 polishers. The put the G9 at the top of the pro corded category. One guy said "It's not a forced rotation unit, but you never see the pad stop turning."

I've been trying to figure out what to get to as an upgrade to my GG6. It works well but is hard to keep rotation going on very curved panels. I was considering G15 or a forced forced rotation machine. I think this one is the right answer. G15 looks fine. G9 looks better. Forced rotation sounds great for very curved panels, right until I accidentally get onto a ridge or dig in the edge of a pad. For an amateur the G9 seems much safer.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Griot's G9 - 9mm Orbit Stroke Random Orbital Polisher by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Contact Griot’s, they’ll take care of you.
    Called them this morning. I have to send it back, and they will send out a new one they say. Hopefully it doesnt take too long, since I am stuck with half a car that still needs to be buffed . I will say, aside from the failure, its a nice tool and the results were great with it .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Great review, Mike. Very little doubt this will be my next GG6 upgrade polisher.

Just to compliment what Mike wrote, I recently watched a Youtube video where some guys compared 23 polishers. The put the G9 at the top of the pro corded category. One guy said "It's not a forced rotation unit, but you never see the pad stop turning."

I've been trying to figure out what to get to as an upgrade to my GG6. It works well but is hard to keep rotation going on very curved panels. I was considering G15 or a forced forced rotation machine. I think this one is the right answer. G15 looks fine. G9 looks better. Forced rotation sounds great for very curved panels, right until I accidentally get onto a ridge or dig in the edge of a pad. For an amateur the G9 seems much safer.
    Interesting observation I had when using my G9 after being a GG6 user - with the GG6, it was always pushed how "Thin is in" to maintain pad rotation. I was surprised to find when doing my wife's Q5 how the G9 actually seemed to prefer the regular (non-BOSS) 6.5" pads when doing the curvy areas to keep pad rotation going. It was more prone to slowing when using thin/5.5" pads.

Having done a few cars with it now, I really like that G9. I also like how, compared to the GG6, I generally run it a notch or two lower speed wise (since pad rotations not an issue) which cuts down on it's noise level.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Interesting observation I had when using my G9 after being a GG6 user - with the GG6, it was always pushed how "Thin is in" to maintain pad rotation. I was surprised to find when doing my wife's Q5 how the G9 actually seemed to prefer the regular (non-BOSS) 6.5" pads when doing the curvy areas to keep pad rotation going. It was more prone to slowing when using thin/5.5" pads.

Having done a few cars with it now, I really like that G9. I also like how, compared to the GG6, I generally run it a notch or two lower speed wise (since pad rotations not an issue) which cuts down on it's noise level.
    Great post.

I posted my observations back in July on the G9. I used some Thin-Pro's toward the end, but not on anything too curved.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Thanks oneheadlite, RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSLUCY View Post
    Shipped the polisher back to them on Dec 4. Tracking shows they received it on the 7th. Today is the 14th, and called to check on the status. They dont have any information on it in their system, and basically told me they will call me when they find it, or get it processed. At this point, I dont think I'll be purchasing any more Griots products. Bought a polisher, used it twice, and it failed. Who knows how long it will take to receive the replacement at this point. Meanwhile my half buffed car sits here waiting to be finished. I would have been better off buying the Bauer one from harbor freight, at least I could have had a replacement the same day had it failed.
    Sorry to hear that you might have "slipped through the cracks" in the system.

If this is the case, you are certainly the exception, and not the norm. Griot's has such a huge following because of their great customer service, not in spite of it.

I know none of what I say here will make you feel any better about the situation, but it is true.

I hope you get an answer sooner than later. Maybe mention that you posted this here on AGO?

8. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Sorry to hear that you might have "slipped through the cracks" in the system.

If this is the case, you are certainly the exception, and not the norm. Griot's has such a huge following because of their great customer service, not in spite of it.

I know none of what I say here will make you feel any better about the situation, but it is true.

I hope you get an answer sooner than later. Maybe mention that you posted this here on AGO?
    I deleted the last post. I made a mistake. My wife told me they "should have" recieved it on the 7th. After checking the tracking info on USPS, it shows "shipped', but hasnt arrived yet. So, the problem is actually with our postal system, and not Griots. I apologize for the mistake. I am corresponding with their customer service , and will update later. Sorry!

10. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSLUCY View Post
    I deleted the last post. I made a mistake. My wife told me they "should have" recieved it on the 7th. After checking the tracking info on USPS, it shows "shipped', but hasnt arrived yet. So, the problem is actually with our postal system, and not Griots. I apologize for the mistake. I am corresponding with their customer service , and will update later. Sorry!
    Good to hear. (Not about your postal service) Lol

I am sure GG will make it right by you. And yes, please post the outcome.

12. Likes MSLUCY liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456