autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Black Label SiO2 Spray Detailer

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I’m drawing some conclusions from Mike’s write-up. But you’re right, I don’t know how much protection is really being laid down from PBL vs Elixir. I may have gotten carried away with Mike’s initial beading shots.
    Obviously PBL has more because it costs more,right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    We shall see during the first comparison test! Now who’s going to do it and post?

Post Thanks / Like

I’m drawing some conclusions from Mike’s write-up. But you’re right, I don’t know how much protection is really being laid down from PBL vs Elixir. I may have gotten carried away with Mike’s initial beading shots.
    I had to go back and look at the beading. Based on the the photos and comparing it to my review on Elixir, Elixir has tighter beading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I had to go back and look at the beading. Based on the the photos and comparing it to my review on Elixir, Elixir has tighter beading.
    Did you by any chance hold out for longevity of the Elixir? I was always under the impression that the Merlin mix with Reload only lasted a few days.

Post Thanks / Like

Review: Pinnacle Black Label SiO2 Spray Detailer

LOL

Don’t be fooled into equating PBL products high price tag with breng the best. Not saying they’re bad products, but they’re WAY overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

6. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    LOL

Don’t be fooled into equating PBL products high price tag with breng the best. Not saying they’re bad products, but they’re WAY overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel like blackfire provides very little protection

Mike Phillips

Because this is your first post on this forum,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Quote Originally Posted by Jclarx View Post

Can Blackfire's SiO2 detailer be used as a clay bar lubricant?
    Do you mean Pinnacle Black Label SiO2 Spray Detailer?

Assuming that's what you meant, I would say not realistically.

Because it's a liquid it would probably work but it would be a very expensive clay lube. It would be better to use it as intended and that is to remove light dust, fingerprints and smudges while leaving behind SiO2

Post Thanks / Like

Did you by any chance hold out for longevity of the Elixir? I was always under the impression that the Merlin mix with Reload only lasted a few days.
    No I did not. When it comes to a spray on product I would not even worry about longevity given how easy it is to apply. Also Elixir is more than just Merlin's mix. CarPro claims a month's of longevity.

10. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No I did not. When it comes to a spray on product I would not even worry about longevity given how easy it is to apply. Also Elixir is more than just Merlin's mix. CarPro claims a month's of longevity.
    Ah, ok. I didn’t realize the extras that Elixir has.

Mike Phillips

I have 32 ounces of PBL Diamond Coating Detailer. I believe that has traces of SiO2, but not much. Is this new product different in that it lays down more substantial SiO2 protection?

Maybe similar to WG WW but less cleaning ability?

One thing to note: As of now there are no gallons of this product for sale. Only the 32oz... but a gallon would be a nice option.

Good questions and comments, I'm see if I can get answers. I don't know off hand. I do know that upon my initial use, the new PBL SiO2 Spray Detailer was laying down what appears to me to be a higher concentration of solids. This is why I used the microfiber towel that I chose - it helped me to wipe off the solids.

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post

how is this product different from blackfire si02 or CarPro elixir?
    To my knowledge, BLACKFIRE does not have an SiO2 "spray detailer". It has a "Sealant". Very different products.

It is in the same category of CarPro Elixer. Here's the store page where I'm going to share their info. See the BOLD BLUE passages below - copy reads like EliXir is a spray detailer for removing light dust, fingerprints and smudges.

CarPro EliXir Quick Detailer 1 Liter

There are many different types of contaminants to which your car is subjected. Each of them has varying level of severity and resolve. Of course, there are the incredibly tough contaminants that require nothing short of compounding remove effectively, but the clear majority of contamination is minor and light. Even this light contamination can still ruin a flawless shine. When you need to remove it effectively, there is no point in busting out your wash buckets and hose just to get rid of some light dusting 3 times a week.

CarPro EliXir Quick Detailer gives you the perfect solution to this unavoidable issue that all car owners face. Instead of needing to wash your entire vehicle to get rid of this contamination, CarPro EliXir Quick Detailer can be used to quickly and safely remove the light soil from your paint. All you have to do is spray CarPro EliXir Quick Detailer on, buff it in, and buff it off!

Is this well known? We don’t know the exact amount of SiO2 in either product. It’s probably minimal at best for either one.

I don't know. I tested the product on the Mini Cooper. Seem to need the right towel to wipe off cleanly. It didn't "flash" dry fast and what I was wiping of seemed to be substantial. AFTER wipe-off the paitn was slippery and slick. Then after it rained, water was beading up very well. So this leads me to believe, based upon experience that this product is truly laying down some SiO2 protection.

Obviously PBL has more because it costs more, right?
    According to your logic - yes. Whether it's factually true I don't know.

I'd say go with the brand you already like.

Just to chime in - AND I shared the pictures of the SWIRLS in the paint AND THEN made the point, due to the swirl level in the paint I DON'T BELEIVE THIS CAR HAS BEEN PROPERLY MACHINE POLISHED AND SEALED WITH ANYTHING FOR SOME TIME. My guess is it needs to be clayed AND machine polished to get the paint clean and smooth again. THEN when a product that contains SiO2 is applied, this "could" dramatically alter visual water beading results.

Now about your Elixer review - what was the condition of the paint?

The best way to comparative test these two products would be on the same car and keep ALL other factors the same.

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    LOL

Thanks for chiming in Mark. One thing I learned when I came to work for Autogeek from one of my co-workers in sales,

Never spend another man's money

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast