autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Black Label SiO2 Spray Detailer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

I don't know. I tested the product on the Mini Cooper. Seem to need the right towel to wipe off cleanly. It didn't "flash" dry fast and what I was wiping of seemed to be substantial. AFTER wipe-off the paitn was slippery and slick. Then after it rained, water was beading up very well. So this leads me to believe, based upon experience that this product is truly laying down some SiO2 protection.

Just to chime in - AND I shared the pictures of the SWIRLS in the paint AND THEN made the point, due to the swirl level in the paint I DON'T BELEIVE THIS CAR HAS BEEN PROPERLY MACHINE POLISHED AND SEALED WITH ANYTHING FOR SOME TIME. My guess is it needs to be clayed AND machine polished to get the paint clean and smooth again. THEN when a product that contains SiO2 is applied, this "could" dramatically alter visual water beading results.

Now about your Elixer review - what was the condition of the paint?

The best way to comparative test these two products would be on the same car and keep ALL other factors the same.
    Mike what I meant by minimal is that the amount of SiO2 within the product when compared to an SiO2 spray sealant. Lets not include a true ceramic coating in this discussion. The trend these days is adding SiO2 and calling it a "coating" or "coating topper" and the list goes on. For example one company could put 1% SiO2 in the product and call it a coating maintenance product or a coating. There is no doubt that some SiO2 products are more durable than a polymer product.

As far Elixir it was applied to a vehicle that was one step polished and ceramic coated 4 months prior to the application of Elixir. Mind you this vehicle sits outside 24/7 so it had been exposed to the elements. Sure there is a difference than paint that needs a little work.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Black Label SiO2 Spray Detailer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Good questions and comments, I'm see if I can get answers. I don't know off hand. I do know that upon my initial use, the new PBL SiO2 Spray Detailer was laying down what appears to me to be a higher concentration of solids. This is why I used the microfiber towel that I chose - it helped me to wipe off the solids.
    Mike, were you ever able to look into the differences between the original PBL coating detailer vs this new one? I want to want the new one but have quite a bit old left. My guess is old doesn’t have as much protection.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123