autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

***UPDATE***

When I originally used this product and reviewed it I gave it a great review as I discovered I really liked it. I said this in the second post in my original review here,

2nd post

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Just to share...

I test a lot of products, most are very good and even great in their category.

I'm really impressed with this product. So much so that it is now my go-to car wash for my own cars.

FWIW

I have not had time to wash any of my personal cars until yesterday. I needed to clean some tires to test out the new Pinnacle Black Label Tire Clearcoat. In my world, you wash wheels and tires first and then wash the car starting at the top and working your way down.

So after cleaning the wheels and tires, I then washed the car. This was my chance to revisit this car wash I reviewed and see if it is as nice as I thought it was. Here's my conclusion.

This is a nice product

I know it's easy to think a car wash is a car wash but this car wash is exactly as advertised and acts exactly as I shared in my review and the picutures I shared in my original review. Besides the review and the pictures I included a TON of other information in the review.

Here's the link,

Review: Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

Below I'll share some water beading pictures before and after the wash.

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

Continued.....

Here's the product...

Adding to clean water....

Making suds....

Ready to use...

IMPORTANT

This water beading is AFTER spraying the loose dirt off the car. I have NOT washed the car yet. The car is maintained with Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating and Surface Coating. But it's been 7 months since the coatings were applied. Point being the car still beads water really well.

After spraying the car down to remove the loose dirt - then I washed it and here's what I love about this small SUV.

See how I'm washing the roof?

Unlike most SUVs it's short enough I don't need a step ladder or a Werner Work Platform to reach the middle of the roof. This means no getting up and down and up and down to reach the roof.

Water Beading from the Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

After washing and rinsing the car I moved it into the garage so the pictures of the water beading would turn out better.

It was good before but even better after using the Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

I was impressed the first time I used this product and it's now my go-to car wash for taking care of my own cars.

On Autogeek

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash - 16 ounces

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash - 1 gallon

4. Likes VISITOR, acuRAS82, FrankS, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Impressive beading increase, looks just like a booster has been added.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

Impressive beading increase, looks just like a booster has been added.
    I agree. Actually looks like I just coated the car.

I sent you a bottle of this product along with the PBL Surface Coating for the contest you won.

You'll have a chance to test this car wash out yourself and if you don't mind, tell everyone what you think. Use it on a car with zero water beading or like I did on a coated car.

7. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

I don't normally do hard marketing, it's not my style. My posting history of over 40,000 posts with hundreds of how-to articles and reviews also never shows a history of in-your-face style marketing. So don't read this the wrong way especially if you're new here or cynical to start with.

I also know this forum gets thousands of lurkers to it everyday. You come here and read, gain a wealth of information and then purchase the things you're interested in. Nothing wrong with that. I'd rather see you join the forum and interact.

That said, I meet a lot of people that WANT their car coated but don't have the budget to hire a true professional to do all the PREP WORK - that's where the majority of the time is when it comes to coating a car.

Do-it-for-me
    My own personal rule is I won't coat a car unless I do at least one machine polishing step. So to properly coat a car, even a BRAND NEW car - it's going to take an average of around 6-8 hours and this isn't free hours. So I get it that a lot of people WANT to have their new Volvo or Honda or Ford coated but they don't have the budget to have a Pro Detailer do it for them.

Do-it-Yourself
    Another option is to do it yourself. Just like a Pro Detailer - you'll get the BEST results by doing it like a pro, this includes doing at least one machine polishing step. So besides knowing what you're doing, you'll need,

• A machine - an orbital polisher
    • Pads to go with the polisher
    • A compound or polish
    • The panel wipe to strip the paint
    • A paint coating
    • Lots of towels for all of the steps, paint correction, chemical stripping and the final wipe-off of high spot

And you also have to do the normal Prep Wash that includes,

• Washing
    • Chemical decontamination (optional but I do it)
    • Mechanical decontamination
    • Car wash soap
    • Wheel cleaner
    • Fallout remover
    • Clay or clay substitute (a Nanoskin Towel is like $60.00)
    • Clay lube
    • Drying towels

So to do it yourself, there's more to it than just buying a paint coating, especially if you don't already own some type of orbital polisher.

So here's what I want to share and I'll tie it into this car wash.

When a car is correctly polished and coated, it normally beads water like crazy. The paint is glassy looking and there is a self-cleaning effect where the car stays cleaner longer in-between normal washing and maintenance. The car/paint will also wash faster and dry faster simply because the water wants to get away from the paint/car.

While a pro detail plus the paint coating will make the paint look like a show car when viewed full sun or under bright lights, (no swirls and scratches), you can damn near get all of these results just from using this car wash.

No - swirled out paint won't get fixed by washing it and above surface contaminants will not be removed by washing it. But whatever Voodoo magic is in this car wash - it works. It's easy. Anyone can use it as it's used like any other car wash.

The self cleaning and faster washing and drying results are the key benefits you'll get but you'll get them for the cost of a bottle of car wash, not a full detail.

So if you're the kind of lurker here on this forum gaining information to become a do-it-yourselfer, buy a polisher and do your own car detailing I strongly encourage you to keep at it. That's what we do here - show people how to do it themselves.

If you're the kind of lurker here on this forum that wants a quick fix - then get a quality car wash mitt, I like the Microfiber Chenille Mitts I show in my original review, and get a bottle of this car wash. Use it once and from my experience you'll see what I have shared in pictures and get the benefits of a super hydrophobic surface merely from washing your car.

I talk to a lot of people about car detailing. Heck I teach a lot of people car detailing. I know what people want and sometimes doing the full meal deal is what you want but there's planning, scheduling and budgeting to get to it. This is a car wash.

I wouldn't make a post like this except for one reason. I liked this product after the first time I used it and liked it just as much the second time I used it.

I think if I use it on a regular basis it will completely maintain my car's finish to the level it is currently at.

9. Thanks Diner, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes Diner, VitreousHumor, tmdals0213 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    You'll have a chance to test this car wash out yourself and if you don't mind, tell everyone what you think. Use it on a car with zero water beading or like I did on a coated car.
    Both my family cars have SiO2 Spray on top of Essence... I’ll try this ASAP and post some thoughts and pics. Next chance I get to wash a car with no existing protection, I’ll do the same!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing a lot of people who have read this thread, and looked at the price. had the same reaction I did (they're just smarter than me so they didn't voice it). For someone like me, 32.99 is way too much to pay for a 16oz bottle, let alone 160.00 for a gallon of it. Maybe if my vehicles were coated, I'd try it up against McKees SiO2 wash to see if it really is three times better, because it costs three times as much (per gallon), and twice as much if you buy the 16oz size.

12. Likes vobro, KBsToy, tmdals0213, glen e liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post

I'm guessing a lot of people who have read this thread, and looked at the price. had the same reaction I did (they're just smarter than me so they didn't voice it).

I’m glad you did voice your opinion. That’s also why I contrasted the cost of an actual paint correction and coating install. Neither option is what most people would call “cheap” and of course the full meal deal is the best option for true car enthusiasts.

I’ll keep an eye on my own cars and watch the performance of this car wash over time and then update this thread.

Next time there’s a 25% off sale - that would be the time to consider it - at least to test out.

Thanks for chiming in.

14. Likes Thomkirby, PM5C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the looks of this. Let’s face it..... there are many “wash and wax” products out there but honestly none of them can actually take a vehicle from water laying on the surface to beading. Carpro Hydrofoam does and now this. I actually like that you can use this as a traditional wash with normal dilution ratios and I like that fact a lot. I agree it is pricy but after I try this out, I have no problem passing on the cost to a customer if I feel I am providing superior services with a product.

Nicely done Mike and I have read many of your post. I know a product has to be special for you to truly promote it as you do with this. You past No BS post do carry a lot of weight in my eyes!
    Jim

16. Likes john b, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Two questions:

Would this product be good to wash a CQuartz UK 3.0 coated / Gliss topcoated car; and

Can I put this product in the chemical bottle of my Chief 125 Steamer like I currently do with a rinseless wash product and apply through my steamer to wash the car.

Chief Steamer 125 Injection Steam Cleaner

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast