autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

JustJesus hooked me up with a 16oz bottle the last time he stopped by to drop off a prototype coating bottle holder.

He didn’t know that I don’t like ceramic infused soaps and I wasn’t going to tell him that as he offered this out of the goodness of his heart.

The reason I don’t like them is they leave a weird film build up if used often. Similar to my dislike for wash & wax soaps. So if it’s used monthly that would be better.

But this worked pretty good. I did notice the beading change after using this compared to the coating that is on the paint. Which for me is a turn off as I always prefer the performance of the coating itself. It did leave the surface slick afterwards and I can see why people like it. It did “repair” the area where I was trying a water spot remover that killed the beading.

For those that like high suds, then this is not a soap that you will like. The suds disperse pretty quickly. Just like Gyeon Bathe+ and Americana Global Ceramic Shampoo. It gets to the point where it’s like skipping around water during the wash process.

I should also mention it is not the strongest wash when it comes to cleaning.

Also the dilution ratio is 2 oz for every 3-5 gallons of water which makes it rather expensive.

Overall it’s pretty good but not something I would personally buy as I would rather use something like CarPro Reset and follow up with the drying aid of my choice for a ceramic coated vehicle.

2. Thanks oneheadlite, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

For those that like high suds, then this is not a soap that you will like. The suds disperse pretty quickly. Just like Gyeon Bathe+ and Americana Global Ceramic Shampoo. It gets to the point where it’s like skipping around water during the wash process.

Overall it’s pretty good but not something I would personally buy as I would rather use something like CarPro Reset and follow up with the drying aid of my choice for a ceramic coated vehicle.
    Nuff said. I also prefer a soap like Carpro Reset. High suds, great cleaning power, excellent dilution ratio.

4. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    JustJesus hooked me up with a 16oz bottle the last time he stopped by to drop off a prototype coating bottle holder.

He didn’t know that I don’t like ceramic infused soaps and I wasn’t going to tell him that as he offered this out of the goodness of his heart.

The reason I don’t like them is they leave a weird film build up if used often. Similar to my dislike for wash & wax soaps. So if it’s used monthly that would be better.

But this worked pretty good. I did notice the beading change after using this compared to the coating that is on the paint. Which for me is a turn off as I always prefer the performance of the coating itself. It did leave the surface slick afterwards and I can see why people like it. It did “repair” the area where I was trying a water spot remover that killed the beading.

Also the dilution ratio is 2 oz for every 3-5 gallons of water which makes it rather expensive.

Some interesting points here Guz.

I like this as a maintenance wash category but not every wash. Basically I use it as a “when needed”
    It really adds some protection and will boost an aging coating rather significantly.

For me it works well in the maintenance wash for clients. Wash, blow dry and send out the door while adding some serious protection.

Another thing in my testing is that I see up to 3.5 months durability from just a shampoo. Impressed me.

Perhaps not the soap for everyone as it has its pros and cons but it certainly is nice to have it as an option. I personally like it a lot!
    Jim

6. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Perhaps not the soap for everyone as it has its pros and cons but it certainly is nice to have it as an option. I personally like it a lot!
    It certainly excels at what it’s good at and has it’s place. Definitely awesome stuff for friends, family (and I’m sure clients) who get car washes on occasion and don’t constantly protect their car. I look forward to using this in the winter when I’m able to do a wash on a warm day to refresh whatever ceramic-style protection I’m rolling with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Some interesting points here Guz.

I like this as a maintenance wash category but not every wash. Basically I use it as a “when needed”
    It really adds some protection and will boost an aging coating rather significantly.

For me it works well in the maintenance wash for clients. Wash, blow dry and send out the door while adding some serious protection.

Another thing in my testing is that I see up to 3.5 months durability from just a shampoo. Impressed me.

I am not a fan of most ceramic shampoos as they just lack in overall performance compared to a dedicated wash as I mentioned. If it was not for Jesus giving me a bottle I would have never purchased it as I have zero interest in ceramic soaps. I have a half bottle of bathe+ that I have been kicking around for a couple years that is about to find its way into the trash lol. It does work just don't care for it. Same can be said for carpro hydro foam. I am just anti-ceramic and anti-wash and wax soaps.

9. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I made this video a couple weeks ago. Yes this soap does indeed do what it says in leaving protection. The strong beading has diminished quite a bit in 3 weeks time.

11. Likes waddell64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used it. Loved the results at 1st. Used the wash over a fresh polish on my black truck with 2 coats of WGDGPS applied. Was using this as a maintenance wash over the winter whenever we had a warm enough day - once a month maybe? Towards spring, I noticed a weird hazing and weird spotting. At first I thought it was water spots(I have hard water), but realized it was the coating build up when I tried to polish it off with a spray and wipe. Made one hell of a mess. Turned all streaky and blotchy. Had to polish it with the D/A to remove the ceramic coat remnants.

As much as I love polishing my vehicles, I honestly think this polish was a waste of my time. This site has helped me correctly swirl free wash my vehicles in a way where a once a year polish is more than enough to maintain that gorgeous black paint.

In conclusion:
    Did it work in protecting the finish? Yes
    Did it produce a high gloss and slick finish even on black? Yes
    Is it an easy product to use? Yes
    Is it something I will be keeping in my arsenal? No
    I am also a very thorough and picky person when I do anything. If you have a light colored car, maybe you wouldn't even notice the blotchyness that I experienced.

Even though this is a somewhat negative review, I would suggest that you come to your own conclusions. It is a very good product for the right person - myself not being one of them!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

13. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To piggyback along with briarpatch said, this is $12 more than carPro Hydrofoam, which works amazingly well for me, is this worth 12 bucks more?
    Glen -

Mike Phillips

Great feedback everyone...

I"m going to add this just for perspective. This wash isn't a replacement for a normal coating or any type of LSP. It's a maintenance wash.

You use it on a regular basis to maintain a hydrophobic surface.

I would also add it's not meant to be a super duper cleaning soap for grossly dirty cars, that's the job of a stronger car wash. This is for people that already regularly take care of their cars, not for prep washing.

When I coat a car for a customer I wholeheartedly recommend this wash as a way of taking care of my hard work. Most of my customer's are not "detailers" and they don't want to take up detailing as a hobby. They want to trust me to do the work and then recommend how to maintain the results. Knowing this, I wrote this article. I send the link to the owner of every car I coat.

With this in mind, (that most customer's don't want to become thier own detailer), click the link and read what I wrote. I hope you'll agree that for the average car owner willing to take ownership of the car wash process, this is a thorough, well-thought out article that removes ALL THE THINKING on their part.

Just buy the stuff and wash and dry carefully - or TOUCH the coated car carefully.

Things you need to wash a ceramic coated car by Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

What you said Mike is right on!!! Our 2 daily drivers (tho not much driving, more sitting outside) are both black and every wash gets the Coating Wash and they look great with excellent hydrophobics. 2 oz in 3 gal does the trick.

17. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast