autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

So some time has passed since I first used this.........

Seriously this shampoo is amazing. Regular maintenance washes produce such amazing gloss with amazing water beading. The soap is lubious that with proper wash technique, no swirls are are instilled. Every square inch is beading including glass, plastics and even matte finishes.

If your a pro Detailer, this is you one stop wash and wax that actually provides some serious protection and gloss.

I love this shampoo. While it’s super pricy, it does perform amazingly well.

Also this is not your super sudsy type of wash. While the misconception is suds make lubricious washes, that is far from true. The wash solution without the suds is what makes a wash lubrious.
    Jim

2. Thanks acuRAS82, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!

Some nice words there, Dr

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

So some time has passed since I first used this.........

Seriously this shampoo is amazing. Regular maintenance washes produce such amazing gloss with amazing water beading. The soap is lubious that with proper wash technique, no swirls are are instilled. Every square inch is beading including glass, plastics and even matte finishes.

If your a pro Detailer, this is you one stop wash and wax that actually provides some serious protection and gloss.

I love this shampoo. While it’s super pricy, it does perform amazingly well.

Also this is not your super sudsy type of wash. While the misconception is suds make lubricious washes, that is far from true. The wash solution without the suds is what makes a wash lubrious.

I 100% agree with your assessment. I have the exact same experience when I wash my own cars.

A tick on the pricey side. What I do is mix up 3 gallons of water in a 5-gallon bucket and then add 3 ounces of wash. Then I MIX it thoroughly. Been thinking about getting a paint mixer for a drill to REALLY mix it up.

I show this product to all my friends. I tell them to wait for the 25% or even 30% sale via the AG newsletter and then buy!

Post Thanks / Like

Now is the time to get this. It’s on sale plus the 25% off. I’m contemplating getting another gallon at that price.
    Jim

6. Thanks JustJesus, acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I'm guessing a lot of people who have read this thread, and looked at the price. had the same reaction I did (they're just smarter than me so they didn't voice it). For someone like me, 32.99 is way too much to pay for a 16oz bottle, let alone 160.00 for a gallon of it. Maybe if my vehicles were coated, I'd try it up against McKees SiO2 wash to see if it really is three times better, because it costs three times as much (per gallon), and twice as much if you buy the 16oz size.
    I am a very firm believer in "the economics of a purchase", because at fundamental levels ..... sellers of products toe-the-line with their marketing between "maximizing profit" and offering "real, intrinsic value to the customer". I'm in no way opposed to boutique products, as my inventory can attest to some discretionary purchases. At these prices, seems that marketers are trying to carve a niche in the mindset of customers that "expensive" must mean "better".

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I’m glad you did voice your opinion. That’s also why I contrasted the cost of an actual paint correction and coating install. Neither option is what most people would call “cheap” and of course the full meal deal is the best option for true car enthusiasts.

I’ll keep an eye on my own cars and watch the performance of this car wash over time and then update this thread.

Next time there’s a 25% off sale - that would be the time to consider it - at least to test out.

Thanks for chiming in.
    Mike, no offense intended here and with all due respect here is my $0.02.....

First, I liked your review. In the narrow view of "just Wolfgang", probably a really solid product. That said, AGO sells more than just Wolfgang so comparing these products with the price of a full detail & coating is apples 'n' oranges at a fundamental level and can be misleading in some interpretations. How about comparing the $1.68/oz product (Wolfgang's 8 oz version) with a competing product sold on AGO running at $0.32/oz? Now, if you did that I for one would see parity from a renowned expert in the industry.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW I also agree that this product produces a great shine and slickness.

Now I have a question. I ordered the Wolfgang Wash and Wax by mistake, the BOGO the other day thinking it was the Uber Si02 ( Super senior moment brain fart). I decided to keep it and maybe alternate the two products when washing our cars.

Would it make any sense to mix the two products in my wash bucket to get benefit of the Si02 and carnuba (in the wash wax). Just thinking!!!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by TNMIKE46 View Post

Would it make any sense to mix the two products in my wash bucket to get benefit of the Si02 and carnuba (in the wash wax). Just thinking!!!

Me?

I wouldn't do it. Use them as they are intended.

Post Thanks / Like

From one Mike to another Mike, thanks for your reply.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by TNMIKE46 View Post

From one Mike to another Mike, thanks for your reply.

No problemo...

Mike Phillips

Just to note - right now there is a 50% off sale for this product. It's exactly what I say it is. So this is the time to buy it to test it out or if you've already trusted me and purchased it and found it to be what I say it is then this is the time to stock up.

PBMG brands 50% off sale

The sale is good for 24 hours and at the time I'm posting this, 11:00pm on Thursday, March 26, 2020 you have 13 more hours to get in while the getting is good.

13. Thanks SoFlaHarley thanked for this post
    Likes SoFlaHarley liked this post
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast