autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    At first I was concerned or better said more curious as to what it would look like compared to Souveran (i used the liquid Souveran, not the paste) but now that you mention that SiO2's, generally speaking doesn't play well with some waxes, now that would be a concern.

There are so many wash products out there and I want to make sure I try to get one that "plays well" with what I have...but on the flip side, re-waxing the car isn't a big deal at all since i apply it with a DA and I can wax the car in under an hour. Now if I had to repolish...thats a game changer!

I guess it's part of the trial and error process being a newb but it's pretty fun trying new stuff....oh the rabbit hole is getting deeeeeper everyday!!
    The Liquid Souveran looks really nice with Pinnacle SiO2 Spray. I’m sure they share the same polymers which helps. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the SiO2 Wash really looks awesome on it... but as mentioned, there’s not really a direct synergy going on.

I might recommend just washing with a glossless car wash but getting Crystal Mist to use as a drying aid. Crystal Mist Or Souveran Spray Eax are the two products that should hold onto the characteristics of Liquid Souveran the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    The Liquid Souveran looks really nice with Pinnacle SiO2 Spray. I’m sure they share the same polymers which helps. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the SiO2 Wash really looks awesome on it... but as mentioned, there’s not really a direct synergy going on.

I might recommend just washing with a glossless car wash but getting Crystal Mist to use as a drying aid. Crystal Mist Or Souveran Spray Eax are the two products that should hold onto the characteristics of Liquid Souveran the best.
    Thanks for information. I do use the spray wax and or crystal mist periodically, actually used the spray wax last night after the ONR RW. My thought right now, is to go with the pinnacle RW with carnuaba (sp) since I'm just getting into RW's but I'm still looking for a normal wash soap/shampoo.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 986DTM View Post
    Just wanted to update this thread with my experience with this product. Mike was kind enough to send me a bottle to test out, which I used for the first time tonight. Overall, I am very impressed. I used it on a car with absolutely ZERO beading to see what it could do. I will say, going into this I was quite skeptical, as I am with most products that make bold claims. It did, however, perform exactly as advertised, After rinsing off the product, the surface immediately beaded up just like you see in the pictures in this thread. I've never used any sort of water activated product like this before, so for me this was a pretty cool to see! It also has a really pleasant scent. Is it worth the money? For me, that's going to depend on how long the protection ends up lasting!
    Guess its been almost 8 weeks since I made this post. Here is a shot of the beading I took when I saw the car again this evening. What you see is just from spraying the dirty car with a hose prior to the wash. Car was never garaged and was not washed or topped with any sort of product over this period. Have to say I'm pleasantly surprised it has held up this well.

KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash-20191014_161637-jpg

4. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 986DTM View Post
    Guess its been almost 8 weeks since I made this post. Here is a shot of the beading I took when I saw the car again this evening. What you see is just from spraying the dirty car with a hose prior to the wash. Car was never garaged and was not washed or topped with any sort of product over this period. Have to say I'm pleasantly surprised it has held up this well.

KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash-20191014_161637-jpg
    Wow, 8 weeks from a wash soap by itself, dirty and weathered is pretty impressive!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash - On Black Trim??

Reviving recent thread....

We have a GMC Acadia that has matte black plastic trim along the bottom and over the wheel wells. Is it OK to use the Wolfgang SiO2 wash on these parts? Regular waxes and coatings have left a chalky white-ish residue on these parts.

Thanks,
    Hans.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash - On Black Trim??

Quote Originally Posted by 4regt4 View Post
    Reviving recent thread....

We have a GMC Acadia that has matte black plastic trim along the bottom and over the wheel wells. Is it OK to use the Wolfgang SiO2 wash on these parts? Regular waxes and coatings have left a chalky white-ish residue on these parts.

Thanks,
    Hans.

Yes you will be fine.
    Jim

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Yes you will be fine.
    Hello I recently ordered this wash and was pleased with the results on my truck. Was planning on using this to wash my boat exterior and interior. will this be safe on interior marine vinyl and seadek? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Does this stuff coagulate if it sits in a bucket? I could see this working well with the towels in a bucket method (Article: How to safely wash a ceramic coated car by Mike Phillips - Traditional Hose & Bucket Approach). Don't contaminate the bucket and throw a gamma seal lid on when you're done and you could save a bit of coin.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post

Does this stuff coagulate if it sits in a bucket?

No. Not that I've seen and I've had a solution of this mixed up in a bucket for a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post

I could see this working well with the towels in a bucket method (Article: How to safely wash a ceramic coated car by Mike Phillips - Traditional Hose & Bucket Approach).

Don't contaminate the bucket and throw a gamma seal lid on when you're done and you could save a bit of coin.

I never thought about this idea. As long as you keep the solution clean I agree, you could save the mixed-up solution for future washings.

This car wash product came out AFTER I wrote this article,

How to safely wash a ceramic coated car by Mike Phillips - Traditional Hose & Bucket Approach

And until you made this post, I never even thought about using this as the product to use in the washing process outlined in the article above. BUT - now that you've brought it up, I like it.

11. Thanks DetailZeus thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Because this is your first post...

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard12 View Post

Hello I recently ordered this wash and was pleased with the results on my truck.
    Good to hear, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard12 View Post

Was planning on using this to wash my boat exterior and interior. will this be safe on interior marine vinyl and Seadeck?

Thanks

My thoughts are "yes", completely safe. Marine vinyl and Seadeck material are very robust and while you may not see water beading on the vinyl and Seadeck material it certainly can't hurt to use on these surfaces.

I did use it on matte graphics just this last Tuesday and it did work on this material. I have a video and pictures I'll share.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast