autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    So how does this product fill in cracks? Also do you know what he means about washing everyday? Is he saying what it leaves behind only lasts a day?
    If I where to guess it's just so little of protection chemicals that you would need to be useing it daily. The glossenhancer though can be on for a longer time. So maybe if you use weekly or every other week you could repair the coating very little at the time. So a more stout topper or as the Wolfgang über SiO2 wash is a better choice if you want to revive the coating some. Just thoughts though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I completely agree, Guz. I remember you showing this exact text conversation in an old thread (one I may have started). I was just trying to point out that these can’t really be compared apples to apples, and therefore comparing costs isn’t really fair.

No doubt WG is pricey, but I’m not aware of any similar shampoos to compare it with (maybe loosely to something like Enigma wash, but can’t say for sure as I haven’t used it).
    Carpro Hydrofoam and Gyeon Bathe + would fit this range maybe also. Hope you get Sonax Wash and Seal soon as it's a combo with the Sonax Spray and Seal or synergy. Have not used the Sonax Wash and Seal as it's going to long between the washes for me sadly. But will see if I can use it soon. Think that Mike Phillips has tested this and was quite happy about it. The Wolfgang über SiO2 wash seems great and an easy way to be keeping a car protected with regualar washing only if wanted.

Mike Phillips

KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Next time there’s a 25% off sale - that would be the time to consider it - at least to test out.
    In my email today is a AG Flash Sale offering 25% off

Special Promotions

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

In my email today is a AG Flash Sale offering 25% off

25% off sale is over.

Mike Phillips

KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

She’s doing it again...

I come home and Stacy has her H-RV parked outside to let Mother Nature wash it.

We had a powerful rain storm moving through and Stacy knows a hard rain will pretty much flush all the airborne dirt and dust off the car.

Last thing I did to it was wash it with the Wolfgang SiO2 Coating Wash.

If the car is still wet in the morning I’ll take water beading shots.

Ha ha...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Update

Rained off and on all night. I went outside this morning and took these pictures.

The hood

Close-up of the hood

Portion of roof in front of sunroof

Sunroof

Back of roof

Passenger mirror

Close-up of passenger mirror

The forbidden method for drying a car

Getting up to speed...

Most of the water has flown off

Headed home

98.3% dry car

There you go - I washed and dried the car and haven’t even had my breakfast yet!!!

Off to a great start on a Saturday off work.

8. Likes Misterpaul, SWETM, acuRAS82, Diner, tmdals0213 and 1 others liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Shared on page 5 here - amazing before and after pictures....

Pictures: Autogeek’s Roadshow Class with PRAXIS Detailing in Auburn, Indiana

From page 5

First thing Sunday morning we washed a staff member's daily driver car so we could use it later for going over One Step Production Detailing. This car was very dirty and also incredibly neglected. It doesn't look like it's been clayed or waxed in 10 years.

2008 Dodge Avenger

Putting a product to the test

A brand new car wash was recently introduced and in my original review, (also the first time I used the product), I mentioned that I was so impressed I would be switching over to this car wash for my own personal cars and I shared that in my second review. Check out my first and second reviews in the links I listed at the very bottom of this post.

The idea being, is this SiO2 car wash will truly lay down a layer of coating each time you use it to wash your car. I knew the Avenger was in super bad condition so I decided to test the car wash out with the class and see if we could get the same results I've been getting on my own.

This car has just be sprayed down with water. The SHINE you see on the hood is water. The water is NOT beading up but laying COMPLETLY FLAT.

Here's your truly pointing at the new car wash...

Pouring some into a bucket of clean water.

Thoroughly mixing the car wash with the water using my mixing stick that I take with me wherever I go.

Now I'm only going to wash one half of the hood....

Here's Mike Liebing, our host rinsing the hood...

BOOM!
    You can easily see wherever the car wash touched the paint the paint is now beading water as though it has been coated.

Driver's side = Phenomenal water beading in context

There was ZERO water beading before we washed this side of the hood

Passenger side - The only water beading is the places the Wolfgang SiO2 Car Wash touched.

Nice product. It's expensive. I'd recommend buying the gallon next time it's on sale and then mix 2 capfuls to 2-3 gallons of water and CAREFULLY HAND WASH your car.

10. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Mother Nature washed our car again.

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to update this thread with my experience with this product. Mike was kind enough to send me a bottle to test out, which I used for the first time tonight. Overall, I am very impressed. I used it on a car with absolutely ZERO beading to see what it could do. I will say, going into this I was quite skeptical, as I am with most products that make bold claims. It did, however, perform exactly as advertised, After rinsing off the product, the surface immediately beaded up just like you see in the pictures in this thread. I've never used any sort of water activated product like this before, so for me this was a pretty cool to see! It also has a really pleasant scent. Is it worth the money? For me, that's going to depend on how long the protection ends up lasting!

14. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 986DTM View Post
    Is it worth the money? For me, that's going to depend on how long the protection ends up lasting!
    Let us know how it holds up, if you have easy access to the vehicle. I received a bottle and did a simple review awhile ago, but I have yet to find a protection-less car to try it on. Probably next time my parents visit.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast