autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

Finally ordered a 16 oz bottle of this to try out with the 25% discount.

I’m beginning to regret that purchase and think I should have picked up the gallon.

Looks awesome!!
    Jim

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

I’m beginning to regret that purchase and think I should have picked up the gallon.

Looks awesome!!

Just to clarify from you comments, did you use it yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Just to clarify from you comments, did you use it yet?

Not yet, Mike. Just placed my order and awaiting shipment.

Reviewing this thread and your comments, it looks awesome tho and can’t wait to try it!!
    Jim

Mike Phillips

Not yet, Mike. Just placed my order and awaiting shipment.

Reviewing this thread and your comments, it looks awesome tho and can’t wait to try it!!

Now I get it.

Just to comment, the below picture of the Dodge Avenger that has been totally neglected for probably 10 years, those before and after water beading results are the real deal. I did this LIVE in front of about 18 people at my Indiana class.

Pictures: Autogeek’s Roadshow Class with PRAXIS Detailing in Auburn, Indiana

I'm so sad I forgot to pack this car wash for my recent Colorado class as we had MULITPLE COMPLTELE NEGLECTED cars that would also have been great demonstrations as to how well this product works.

Pictures: Colorado Roadshow Class- Denver Auto Shield

BUT - I'm packing tomorrow for my Ohio class and I'll be sure to include it.

Roadshow Detailing Class in Powell, Ohio - September 14th & 15th

It's just a cool demo to do live in front of people, some who understandably would be doubtful of the products performance.

Post Thanks / Like

That pic is rather impressive and certain proof.

I’m planning on using this as a maintenance wash for my clients(and personal vehicles) to keep hydrophobic properties and protection intact between full details. I prefer doing full washes with two buckets because I feel it is the best practice and this product seems to fit the bill for me.

There are a ton of wash and wax products but non seem to add hydrophobic properties like this except CarPro Hydro foam. I don’t always feel like foaming a car.
    Jim

Mike Phillips

I’m planning on using this as a maintenance wash for my clients(and personal vehicles) to keep hydrophobic properties and protection intact between full details.

I prefer doing full washes with two buckets because I feel it is the best practice and this product seems to fit the bill for me.

Same here. This is my go-to wash for our two SUVs - both of which need to be washed. Ugh...

Post Thanks / Like

So I finally tried this on 3 vehicles!! I was going to do my own review but it would have looked almost like I copied and pasted Mikes review. To share some of my thoughts quickly:

* Definitely a low no no suds shampoo. Reminds me a bit of using ONR in that aspect. Suds are overrated anyway. It’s the solution that does the work.

* The solution is very lubricious and you can feel it as you glide your wash media across the paint.

* Has a very subtle candy scent.

* cleans well but isn’t a heavy duty shampoo. I suggest a presoak if something is heavily contaminated. Still a very capable shampoo for standard dirt, grime and road film.

* wash only a panel or two then rinse with a strong jet of water. The wash solution will lay flat on the paint. The STRONG jet of water seems to activate the hydrophobic propertied of this a bit better.

* it increases beading of weakening LSPs by creating almost perfectly round beads.

* definitely makes unprotected paint bead

* I’m amazed how much gloss and shine this can add especially to paint that hasn’t been recently protected.

* really makes drying easier

* 2oz per wash is a nice dilution ratio and the product itself is a thinner consistency

I really like this shampoo. Yes it’s price is rather salty and I would like to see it a bit lower for EVERYONE to enjoy. Hit the 25% sales!

It’s my new favorite wash......... so much so as I already ordered a gallon.

I suggest giving it a try even if its just to pamper and treat your own vehicle,
    Jim

8. Thanks Diner, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, fly07sti, acuRAS82, SWETM, Thomkirby and 1 others liked this post
    Mike Phillips

KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

I really like this shampoo. Yes it’s price is rather salty and I would like to see it a bit lower for EVERYONE to enjoy. Hit the 25% sales!

It’s my new favorite wash......... so much so as I already ordered a gallon.

I suggest giving it a try even if its just to pamper and treat your own vehicle,

Nice review Jim.

Blasting with water for the rinse aspect does seem to activate the SiO2.

I demonstrated this at the Ohio Roadshow Class on the severely neglected Porsche Boxter and obtained the same high water beading results.

The hood is wet after washing and rinsing with BF Foam Soap - Zero Water Beading.

Washing on half with the Wolfgang SiO2 Coating Wash.

Rinsing

On half the hood now beading water.

hard to photograph water beading on white paint with the car in the shade
    But it was an impressive demo for those there in person.

Mike Phillips

Also just to add....

Please don't get the wrong idea or understanding for this product. It's NOT a product to use to take a neglected car and make it look like you spent hours detailing it.

After I used it the first time on a neglected BMW for my review and seeing it take paint that had not been properly maintained for years, where the water laid flat, and then BOOM make the water bead up - since then I've been using this type of dramatic visual demonstration to show what it can do.

BUT - correctly used, it's for cars that ARE regularly maintained.

So play around with it like I show, but keep in mind, it's a MAINTENANCE WASH for cars kept in good condition to start with.

Make sense?

11. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    So play around with it like I show, but keep in mind, it's a MAINTENANCE WASH for cars kept in good condition to start with.

Make sense?
    Sure does!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast