Let me share my observation of this industry after now investing my entire life in it.

Back before the Internet, lets say pre-1995, about the only substantial offerings of car care products was your local auto parts stores and also big box stores like Target and Walmart. At these store you would for the most part, only find the BIG BOYS in that era, Turtle Wax, Eagle 1, Armor-All, Meguiar's, Mothers, Black Magic, etc.

Once the Internet was introduced - it had a way of leveling the playing field. Now the average joe could bring out their own car care product and reach the vast market via the Intnernet. They were not HELD BACK because they didn't have the power, the connections and the MONEY to get shelf space at the traditional retail business model.

So the Internet increase our options, my options and your options for EVERYTHING, not just car care products.

Now here's my observations....

Used to be people complained about not enough options - (pre-Internet)

Now people complain about too many options - (post-Internet)

Can't win.

But I would choose the complexity of too many choices over limited choices any day. Then along with that, each person must do their own research and the at some point - decide what they want and go for it.

I'd would much rather have to go through the research of trying to figure out which polish will work best for me than to have to settle on JUST a rotary buffer or a traditional orbital buffer.

Below is just a SAMPLE Of tool options available today - it would take a few more tables to start piling them all up to take a pictures.