autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Marine 31 Gel Coat Prep Spray & Captain’s Boat Coating with UV50

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post

@Mike Phillips

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I can no longer keep up with all my job duties including providing customer service on the forum.

it arrives tomorrow and I’ll be polishing and coating RV over weekend into Monday.

It was a no brainer this over other brands it’s such a great deal for 8oz of coating.

Copy that...

I am definitely going to do a second coat I will have enough product and It’s in the budget. I plan to wait 2 hours between coats.

What do you think I can put the second coat on the next day if there’s a benefit to longer wait.
    If you can apply the next day this is what I would suggest. The idea being to let whatever Voodoo magic takes place to take place in the fully drying, curing, catalyzing, setting-up etc.

The coating needs to last at least a year or the customer will be unhappy it will be wash once every two months and I will top it at 6 month mark.

How long anything lasts depends upon a number of factors - one being,

How the surface is TOUCHED.

See my article here, although it's about a CAR the same principals apply to ANYTHING.

How long will a ceramic coating last on my car?

Post Thanks / Like

@ Mike Phillips project went well very happy with product’s ease of use, looks and value of quantity. If anyone is looking for the best value in ceramic coatings, you receive an 8oz bottle or 236 mls For around $50. If you use a sale code. It rainbowed like a normal coating, it also hardened the applicator. One unquie characteristic of this coating popped up because I was doing a large RV. It would have took forever doing small sections so I applied using a DA for first coat and then by hand for the second coat. I waited 24 hours then applied to large section by hand that is when I noticed that the product hazed to a clear-white/rainbow. Hard to explain but I was doing such large sections that the coating rainbowed as expected but then hazed to almost clear slightly white & rainbowed haze very similar to another coating manufacturer that makes HPC coating that hazes. It hazed around 5 minute mark. It was not extremely difficult to wipe off once it hazed but harder than a wax or sealant. I prefer this wipe off style over a tacky or smeary coating. Water behavior is good nice round beads like a good ceramic should not as good as cquartz UK but better than a sealant or wax. Cquartz is the measuring stick for me. It easily maintains its hydrophobic’s up to 18 on my daily sitting outside 24/7.

It was 3 day project:
    -Day one was normal chemical Decon, clay then 1 step polished with essence. I gave essence the 24 hour cure period that’s recommended.
    -Day two since it was essence I did light coat prep wipe down with megs glass cleaner then applied 1st coating layer with DA
    -Day three was 2nd coating layer by hand

Also fell off a ladder yesterday my whole but and thigh black and blue I got extremely lucky and didn’t break anything this is first time falling off ladder. since I had never fallen before and due to size of project I was up and down the ladder probably 25 times and got too comfortable and thatswhen it happened. Ladder safety is no joke I fell from top of RV onto concrete.

Mike Phillips

@ Mike Phillips project went well very happy with product’s ease of use, looks and value of quantity.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12