autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: RUPES Mark III BigFoot 21 Polisher by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post

Also wondering if someone have been able to measure the rotation speed

I never go that deep. At some point, I, we, need to trust the Engineers that create all these tools and simply rely on their expertise.

Here's what I do - for correction work, for pretty much any tool, any brand, I turn the speed dial to 11 and get busy.

I get my cars done fast as humanly possible and they always come out looking great.

I know some guys like to correct on medium speeds, more power to them, or maybe I should say,

Less power to them...

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I never go that deep. At some point, I, we, need to trust the Engineers that create all these tools and simply rely on their expertise.

Here's what I do - for correction work, for pretty much any tool, any brand, I turn the speed dial to 11 and get busy.

I get my cars done fast as humanly possible and they always come out looking great.

I know some guys like to correct on medium speeds, more power to them, or maybe I should say,

[I]Less power to them...[/I[

I know you like the Beast and do this with the 8mm GG6. But do you also polishing at full speed on a longthrow polisher?

I will try to push the speed higher on the 21mm longthrow polisher I have. And go faster with the armspeed to get it done faster.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post

I know you like the Beast and do this with the 8mm GG6. But do you also polishing at full speed on a longthrow polisher?

I will try to push the speed higher on the 21mm longthrow polisher I have. And go faster with the armspeed to get it done faster.

Good question....

In my above post, I chose each word purposefully and specifically. Note the words correction work

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

So yeah, for most cars if I'm doing any type of correction work I'm on the highest speeds. This is only for orbitals, with rotary buffers, that's a completely different tool and I usually use low speeds.

When I was using the new RUPES Mark III - I did run it on I think the 4 setting for 2 reasons,

1: I wasn't doing heavy correction.

2: I was getting amazing pad rotation with this newest version of the tool.

Had I been using one of the older units I probably would have buzzed her up to the 6 speed setting. Again, I read a lot of other guys using 4 and 5 on their RUPES tools for correction work and I'm okay with that but I have a saying about speed, (using the high speed), and it goes like this,

There's something to be said for speed -Mike Phillips

Kind of vague, but in context what I mean is when trying to get a job done fast, there's something to be said or gained by using the fastest speed setting of any tool, or at least any of the common tools I use for the various projects I pump out.

I pump out a lot of car detailing even though I don't detail cars full time. I do my best to share my work and by doing this it's pretty easy to see I'm a guy that teaches car detailing and also DOES car detailing. I don't see any of the other guys or companies that teach car detailing also detailing cars. Think of all the BIG names. Where's all their write-ups for the cars they detail? Nothing wrong with not actually doing the thing you teach but in my opinion and experience, doing the thing you teach is credibility plus it keeps my writing fresh and my teaching real-world.

Buffing a section on a demo hood is not detailing a car.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234