Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
Yes.

For others that read this into the future,

Loading up all your supplies and driving to an off-site location to machine correct and polish an average sized car with NO POWER avaialbe - ONLY the batteries you bring with you. If you figure a minimum of 3 to 4 batteries for the compounding step or "correction step" and 3-4 batteries for the polishing step, this would be 6-8 batteries.

Two comments.

1: Normally, you will use more battery power doing the correction step, especially if you're pushing hard. The first step is when you're doing the GRUNT WORK and this is more taxing on the batteries. If you do the correction step right - the polishing step will go much faster and require less batteries.

NOTE: Just as important as the battery power is also to use GREAT ABRASIVE technology. If you're using great abrasive technology for the first step - then the second step will INDEED go faster.

2: How long a batter will last for the correction step is strongly influenced by how hard you must push down on the tool. How hard you push down comes down to,

A: Hardness of paint.

B: Depth of defects.

The harder the paint and the deeper the swirls, scratches, water spots and oxidation - the harder you will press on the polisher and the longer you will buff. If the paint is medium to soft and the defects are not too deep - then the correction step is less taxing on batteries.

I don't know what you're doing - but if you're not installing ceramic coatings, my recommendation would be to use BLACKFIRE One Step. I use it as a compound with aggressive pads and follow with it as a polish.

Why?

Because it uses great abrasive technology and it wipes off so easy.

And again - I don't know what type of work you're doing, but if this is production detailing for daily drivers, not show work on show cars - you shouldn't be doing 2 step. Get the BF One Step and cut your time down dramatically.

Thanks for your feedback, really appreciate it!

I'll be installing ceramic coatings, I've been doing detailing as my hobby maintaining my own and family's car. I've lost my job due to COVID recently, and hence; planning to do mobile detailing as part time for some of the car groups here. For my own car I've always been doing 2 steps + primer for coating, but because I'm an anal on my personal car and obsessed with reflection I really need to change my mindset for production detailing for daily drivers and focus on 1 step as you suggested.

I've read a lot of your posts and review, they are very informative! I understand the importance of abrasive technology from some of your posts, which is why I'll be using the new Rupes D-A compounds and pads with the Flex Supa Beast/Cbeast after seeing your recent review on it. I guess that could be done in one step as well, but I was thinking about primer application like CarPro Essence and that may push it to 6 batteries or so.