autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How long does the battery last? 40 minutes - Cordless FLEX XC 3401 aka the CBEAST

Very nicely done review as always, Mike!!!

I will be picking one of these up when they come out.

As of now I personally don’t mind the corded versions but that has to be really sweet not having a cord in the way.

I had a different train of thought with the batteries. I was considering getting a few 2.5 amp batteries to “lighten” the machine up when doing side panels. Obviously they won’t last as long(trade off for weight).

My question to you is : Are the 2.5 amp batteries noticeably lighter?

2. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: How long does the battery last? 40 minutes - Cordless FLEX XC 3401 aka the CBEAST

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

Very nicely done review as always, Mike!!!
    Thanks Jim. My goal was to be accurate in my testing and my reporting. Both as a professional courtesy to FLEX, (who asked me to test this tool), and to everyone that will read this thread into the future and use the information to help them make the decision to purchase the CBEAST.

I will be picking one of these up when they come out.
    Already looking forward to your thoughts.

As of now I personally don’t mind the corded versions but that has to be really sweet not having a cord in the way.
    If I really need to plow through a car fast I'm using the corded version for sure. There simply is no substitute for the raw power you get from the FLEX 3401 corded version. But if I don't need to plow through a car then I'll use the CBEAST.

No pad stall and no cord makes buffing out anything easy.

I had a different train of thought with the batteries. I was considering getting a few 2.5 amp batteries to “lighten” the machine up when doing side panels. Obviously they won’t last as long(trade off for weight).

My question to you is : Are the 2.5 amp batteries noticeably lighter?
    Actually, the 2.5 AMP batteries are quite a bit lighter. I'll see if I can dig up a scale and weight them both side-by-side. I actually need a scale for a future project, might have to see what I can find and just get it.

I think once you get this tool and then grip it like I show below and buff out one panel, you'll find it comes natural as it makes the balance of the tool even. Holding the handle, at least when buffing out horizontal panels you'll notice the weight pulling the back of the tool towards Planet Earth. Not a big deal to me but I have already trained myself to grip the tool like this when buffing out entire cars.

4. Thanks Dr Oldz thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

This thread referenced here,

Rupes Mille or Flex 3401

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, Mike.

I did some research and unfortunately couldn’t find anything on the 5a vs 2.5a battery weights. If you do get a chance to weigh them can you please post here.

Thanks

Jim
    Jim

Mike Phillips

Hello, Mike.

I did some research and unfortunately couldn’t find anything on the 5a vs 2.5a battery weights. If you do get a chance to weigh them can you please post here.

Thanks

Jim

Will do.

I've been looking for my one and only 2.5 AMP battery that Bob Eichelberg gave me at SEMA and so far I cannot find it? I only had one. The rest of the batteries I have in the garage are all the larger 5 AMP versions.

Mike Phillips

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Hi Mike, I am looking to preorder the Cbeast today at autogeek but there are some details that maybe you will know the answers to.

What does the stock back plate come with? And do you know which addition back-plating I can purchase for it if I want a different size one? I am looking to do correction for a couple old cars and will not have an electrical outlet nearby. Thanks!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by legcramp View Post

Hi Mike, I am looking to preorder the Cbeast today at autogeek but there are some details that maybe you will know the answers to.

What does the stock back plate come with?
    The factory installed backing plate will be 5"

And do you know which addition back-plating I can purchase for it if I want a different size one?
    There will be a 6" backing plate available. I do not know the timing. Could be available already, not sure. Will try to find out. I use 7" pads on the 5" backing plate for fine polishing and it works fine - it's just a little tricky to CENTER and oversize pad on a small backing plate.

Just letting you know what I do as I don't think I'll use a 6" backing plate on the CBEAST. Maybe.

I am looking to do correction for a couple old cars and will not have an electrical outlet nearby.

Thanks!

Copy that. I think this tool will be a big hit for this reason.

Mike Phillips

The Time Stamp for the first post of this thread and thus when I detailed this car and then wrote this article is

March 11th, 2019

Fast forward today, August 19th, 2019 - basically 5 months later and you can now pre-order your cordless FLEX 3401.

There will be a limited number of polishers available with this first shipment. If you don't mind waiting you can get yours down the road, probably next year. If you want to one before they're gone with this first shipment, get in while the getting is good.

On Autogeek.com

FLEX XCE 8-125 18.0 Polisher - Includes Tool -2 5amp Batteries - Battery Charger - Pre-Order Now! $579.99

If you already own other FLEX Cordless Tools and don't need a battery charger or batteries.

FLEX XCE 8-125 18.0 Polisher - Tool ONLY - Pre-Order Now! - $499.99

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the update Mike. I have mine on order. I am really looking forward to receiving this. My other Flex cordless machines are so quiet compared to the corded units. I really like the not having to drag a cord around.
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing & Repair
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don't Do It At All

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast