autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Review: Speedmaster Vac-n-Blo Jr.

Review: Speedmaster Vac-n-Blo Jr.

From the website

Speed Master Vac N' Blo Jr. Hand-Held Vacuum

Easily clean even the smallest crevice!

The Speed Master Vac N' Blo Jr. Hand-Held Vacuum makes cleaning your interior an absolute breeze! This hand-held machine can be used to either quickly vacuum away all the dust and dirt that collects on your seats and dash or expertly blow every speck of debris out of the niche crannies between the seat cushions. The Speed Master Vac N' Blo Jr. weighs less than 3 pounds, making it easy to deftly maneuver around your interior while you are cleaning!

Nobody likes to spend money on purchasing a new tool simply to have to replace a year or two later due to wear and tear. To make sur that you are definitely able to get your fair share of use out of the Speed Master Vac N' Blo Jr., it was designed with extended durability in mind. The sturdy steel construction of the Speed Master Vac N' Blo Jr. means that you will likely have to replace the upholstery on your seats before you have to worry about replacing your Speed Master Vac N' Blo Jr.

The amount of power that is packed into this small, light-weight machine is certainly surprising! The Speed Master Vac N' Blo Jr. boasts an impressive .75 horse power motor than gives you enough suction or blowing potential to tackle any mess you may run into with your interior. This motor allows the Speed Master Vac N' Blo Jr. to move air at an outstanding 70 cubic feet per minute! That is quite a lot of air for such a tiny appliance!

The various attachments and accessories that come with the Speed Master Vac N' Blo Jr. really allow you to hone all that power for any cleaning situation that you may come across. The Crevice Tool fits easily between seat cushions and even into the space between your seats and your center console.

The Dust Brush helps to lift the fibers of your carpet and upholstery to release the ground-in dirt, promoting a better clean.

With the Air Inflator Nozzle, you will be able to focus the air flow tremendously, so you can get intense blowing action into even the smallest nook!

Whether you are detailing car professionally or just trying to make sure your own garage queen always looks its best, the Speed Master Vac N' Blo Jr. will give you all the power and potential you need to do so!

Technical Specifications

• Construction: Sturdy All-Steel
    • Motor: .75 Peak HP
    • Amps: 4.5 Amps
    • Watts: 500 Watts
    • Airflow CFM/FPM: 70 CFM
    • Cord: 12 ft. 2-Conductor cord
    • Dimensions: 16.5"x4"x5.5"
    • Weight: 2.7 lbs

Accessories

• Upholstery Tool
    • Crevice Tool
    • Magic- Air Inflator Nozzle
    • 20" Extension Wand
    • 18" Flexible Extension Hose
    • Shoulder Strap

Technical data read fine, so let's take a look at what's in the box?

Opening the box...

Here's everything that comes in the box...

List of extensions and attatchments

In the back is the 20" Extension Wand

In front of the extension wand is the 18" Flexible Extension Hose

Out in front, from left to right are,

The Dust Brush, the Carpet and Floor attachment, the Magic-Air Inflator Nozzle and the Crevice Tool

In the back to the left are 5 replacement vacuum bags. The actual vacuum is just to the right and in front of the vacuum is the 12' electrical cord and the shoulder strap is in front of the cord.

Here I've stretched out the cord to give you an idea how long it is...

On the front of the vacuum is a lid that can be removed or replaced by simply twisting it clockwise or counter clockwise...

Here's a replaceable vacuum bag....

You install by simply inserting the back into the opening of the vacuum body...

Just inside the opening of the vacuum lid is a rubber diaphragm that flexes to let dirt in when the vacuum is turned on.

Here's the rubber vacuum from the inside of the lid, you can see how I've poked an ink pen through it to show you how it opens. It closes to keep dirt from getting out when the vacuum is turned off.

On Autogeek.com

Speed Master Vac N' Blo Jr. Hand-Held Vacuum - $129.99

Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Speedmaster Vac-n-Blo Jr.

Continued....

Next I'm going to test it out. About an hour before reviewing this vacuum I did a review on the BLACKFIRE Tire & Trim Sealant. Part of reviewing the sealant discovered what look to be a rats nest in the engine compartment. When I blew it out a lot of dirt dropped onto the floor so I swept it up. Normally I sweep up the dirt but with the diamond pattern floor, some of the dirt stays behind.

This is where you attach the 20" extension wand onto the end of the vacuum and turn the small compact vacuum into a powerful floor vacuum.

The On/Off button is located just below the handle on the side of the vacuum body....

After attaching the extension wand and the floor attachment I turn the vacuum on and test it out....

The small, compact vacuum is lightweight and easy to hold....

Here's the dirt pile - can't have this in Autogeek's SHOW CAR GARAGE!

Vacuuming....

Vacuuming....

More vacuuming....

Almost have it all vacuumed up....

And gone!

The vacuum works so much better than just sweeping....

Mike Phillips

Continued...

Next I'll test it out on carpet in an old 2-door Chevy.

I have an article here it is,

Run what you brung - Use what you have -Mike Phillips

What I say in the above article is, I use what I have. When I wrote this review and a few others, I had the old 2-door Chevy here at Autogeek to detail - so while it's here.... I'm going to use it.

Look! There's some dirt, twigs and leaves on the carpet of the passenger side floor....

First I remove all the large stuff as the opening on the flexible extension hose will plug-up if you try to vacuum up debris that is too large and simply doesn't make "common sense".

Next I place the Speedmaster Vac-N-Blow on the passenger seat and attach the 18" Flexible Extension Hose

Next turn on the vacuum and start what we call in the professional detailing industry....

Dry Extraction

Almost have it all...

And BOOM! Clean like the floor on a 1966 Chevy Corvette Stingray should be....

So clean... makes you want to take your shoes off and feel the clean carpet on your feet....

Let's light it up!

Here's how you use a Crevice Tool....

Slide the end of the Crevice Tool into tight places you cannot reach with the extension wand, flexible hose or the other attachments....

Like this....

And this....

When is the last time you did dry extraction around the shifter boot of the 4-speed shifter on a numbers matching 1966 Corvette Stingray?

Here's how you use the Dust Brush....

First let's clean the air vents...

Next the push-button AM/FM radio with Wonder Bar

Looks like the radio was installed crooked?

Now the knobs....
    (new cars don't have knobs but you can clean the dash and whatever is on it anyways)

Let's clean the visors....

The brackets that lock the convertible top into place...

The emblem on the glove box....

And last but not least, the stainless steel door sills...

Mike Phillips

Continued....

You can use the Magi-Air Inflator Nozzle to either blow and inflate small air toys or you can use it to blast dust out of tight areas like the emblems on this old plastic fantastic...

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Works just as well on modern Chevys too....

Again, with the Magic you can choose to vacuum out dirt and dust or blow it out and then vacuum it after it lands on the floor....

And speaking of blowing, here's a tip... when detailing the interior of a car, start by moving the seat all the way forward and then blow everything under the seat forward. Next move the seat all the way to the back position and then vacuum up everything in the front floor area include everything that was under the seat that you blew forward.

To use the Speedmaster Vac-N-Blow as a blower, simply attach either the flexible extension hose or the extension wand on the opposite side of the vacuum and you turn your vacuum into a blower!

This is the end of the vacuum to attach the hose or wand to use the vacuum as a blower...

Blowing out all the debris under the seat forward...

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Review
    I normally use a full size shop vac when I'm doing any type of car cleaning or around the garage cleaning and a normal size shop vac work great in most instances. That said, there are lots of times where a small, lightweight compact size vacuum that also doubles as a blower. This tool has plenty of power for both vacuuming and blowing. It's compact size makes it easy to store in your car, truck or suv. It's also handy around the house for cleaning small messes or blowing out electronic devices like a desktop computer.

The build quality is high and it's as solid as a rock. There's enough assortments for attachments as well as both an extension wand and flexible extension hose to make cleaning or blowing just about anything easy and fast.

If you're short on space but like a clean car, garage or house then consider this pint size option for making quick work of cleaning up messes.

On Autogeek.com

Speed Master Vac N' Blo Jr. Hand-Held Vacuum - $129.99

Mike Phillips

***Bump***

Vac-N-Blow is now available on AG Store.

8. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had one of these for about 5 years now. It has been and still is my go to vacuum for my fleet of vehicles. It is an amazingly powerful vacuum in a small and easy to use handheld profile. There is a dash kit that made for it too, maybe AG will carry that. It's great for the dash, vents etc.

Thanks for the review Mike. Gald you are carrying it again.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL