autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Silica Spray

I don't think color of the vehicle should have anything to do with it. I use sprays on my black vehicle and they never streak. I always shake the bottle before I spray. Maybe that will help.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I made sure to shake it well before using it.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had best luck with this product by misting it on a towel and wiping it on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Use very little product, mist on the towel like DUBLOWS6 stated. These PBMG spray sealants could be streaky but seem to do well when applied very sparingly.

Post Thanks / Like

On my black '02TransAm I sprayed a small section and spread it with a foam carpro applicator much lke you would spread a ceramic coating. I let it flash off about 3o-45 seconds and wiped off. Had no problem with streaking and looks great even on the 18 year old paint.

6. Likes DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNMIKE46 View Post
    On my black '02TransAm I sprayed a small section and spread it with a foam carpro applicator much lke you would spread a ceramic coating. I let it flash off about 3o-45 seconds and wiped off. Had no problem with streaking and looks great even on the 18 year old paint.

Was this the Ceramic Spray Coating or th Sio2 Silica sealant? Makes sense with the CSC. Alot of work for a sealant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

No not the sealant, the Silica spray. I actually also did my black Expedition like that too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNMIKE46 View Post
    No not the sealant, the Silica spray. I actually also did my black Expedition like that too.
    The silica sio2 spray us a sealant their talking about. You must have used the Ceramic spray coating. Much more durable.... a coating lite product. Nice stuff i hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bode04 View Post

I used this today on my Wife's black Grand Cherokee. It already had a layer of Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant that I applied a few weeks ago. I washed and dried the vehicle first. Applied the SiO2 Silica Spray in 65 degree weather and out of any sunlight. As soon as I sprayed it, it began streaking. I used a dampened microfiber towel to even out product and another dry microfiber towel to buff it off but every time I applied it to a new area it streaked. I tried applying it and then buffing immediately and the same streaking happened. I think I was able to get most of the streaks out with some a lot of buffing, going over areas several times but will have to wait until morning to see how it looks. Wondering if this is because the SUV is black.

I doubt it has to do with the paint being black - you're not actually working on black paint but on clear paint.

Maybe it was just too cold out?

This is a pretty straight-forward product with a straight-forward application and removal process. Maybe wait for a warmer day and try again?

Post Thanks / Like

Like others have pointed out, it sounds like you may be using too much product. I've found with several of these types of products (though I haven't used this one), they go on much easier if you spray the MF towel, wipe it on and then buff it off. Spraying directly on the surface causes me to apply too much and I get lots of streaks.

Temperature has a lot to do with it too. Too cold and it doesn't dry fast enough and you get streaks. Apply it to a surface which is too warm (black will often be warm even in cold weather if the sun is shining) and it dries too fast which causes streaking too.

The black paint just makes the problems more visible, but also allows you a great opportunity to play with various techniques to get application just right for that product.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123