autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat by Mike Phillips

Great review!

I had a couple questions: How do you think this compares to Pinnacle Black Label tire clearcoat, or is there another product you have found to be even better?

And two..... dealer coating. I have no idea what the dealership put on my tires, but it's definitely just a surface oil as it was splattered all down the side of my Challenger when I got home. You say not to bother if it has had a dressing applied before... is there really no way around that? Should I just wait until new tires to clearcoat, or can it be done with some sincere scrubbing/cleaning? What are the issues to watch out for if I try it/how does it fail if there are remnants of a previous dressing?

Ok I guess I had a lot of questions with two main themes haha. Appreciate the shared knowledge!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    @Mike Phillips. Thanks for the advice, that sounds like the smart thing to do.
    As far as the tyres, if I were to get them for my own vehicle they’d be more along these lines, paired up with the original Cadillac wheels. I’ve always loved this look on a Cadillac.

Nothin brings a caddy’s true colors out like mustard and mayonnaise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I appreciate your thoughts on using a power brush to clean the tires. I do not disagree, since it makes the cleaning process a quicker and easier. We have sold thousands of kits with our Tuf Shine tire brush and cleaner with great success for those that don't have the equipment to power clean the tires. It's good to note, that once you apply the clearcoat you never have to use any harsh cleaners again. Just wash the tires with mild soap and water and apply a fresh coat of Tuf Shine to restore that new tire look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TufShine1 View Post
    Mike, I appreciate your thoughts on using a power brush to clean the tires. I do not disagree, since it makes the cleaning process a quicker and easier. We have sold thousands of kits with our Tuf Shine tire brush and cleaner with great success for those that don't have the equipment to power clean the tires. It's good to note, that once you apply the clearcoat you never have to use any harsh cleaners again. Just wash the tires with mild soap and water and apply a fresh coat of Tuf Shine to restore that new tire look.
    Mike is no longer with AutoGeek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhase View Post
    Great review!

I had a couple questions: How do you think this compares to Pinnacle Black Label tire clearcoat, or is there another product you have found to be even better?

And two..... dealer coating. I have no idea what the dealership put on my tires, but it's definitely just a surface oil as it was splattered all down the side of my Challenger when I got home. You say not to bother if it has had a dressing applied before... is there really no way around that? Should I just wait until new tires to clearcoat, or can it be done with some sincere scrubbing/cleaning? What are the issues to watch out for if I try it/how does it fail if there are remnants of a previous dressing?

Ok I guess I had a lot of questions with two main themes haha. Appreciate the shared knowledge!
    I have never used Pinnacle's Tire CC yet, but I have it. Tuff Shine, at least to me, is the most durable I have purchased from AGO to date and going back several years.

The oil-slick on your tires... it will wear out in some time. You will know when it's gone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123