autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Review: BLACKFIRE Wash and Wax by Mike Phillips

Review: BLACKFIRE Wash and Wax by Mike Phillips

New addition to the BLACKFIRE line of pro detailing products!

BLACKFIRE Wash & Wax

From the Autogeek store page

BLACKFIRE Wash & Wax is a concentrated car wash shampoo that removes tough dirt and road grime while leaving a layer of carnauba wax protection behind! Safe for use on all surfaces, BLACKFIRE Wash & Wax rinses away freely leaving no splotches or streaking. Boost your existing carnauba wax or paint sealant protection with weekly washes from BLACKFIRE Wash & Wax!

BLACKFIRE Wash & Wax features:

• Super slick formula repels dirt and grime
    • Contains polymer-infused carnauba wax for increased depth and clarity
    • Rinses away clean - no streaking!

Time to take this car wash out for a test drive
    The above reads good to me and I currently use the BLACKFIRE One Step cleaner/wax on my Lexus RX350 so I'm down with testing out this new car wash on my own car. Best of all, I don't think I've washed the Lexus for 3 months! So she's not just dirty but filthy and covered with road grime I'm sure. (Hey give me a break, it's been raining a LOT here in Florida and I've been travelling, so bad timing for regular washing)k

It's HOT OUTSIDE
    Lately it's been in the mid to high 90s and by 8:00am it's not just hot outside it's HUMID outside. So in order to was a car without going insane, you have to start early. According to my watch, it's 6:30am and the sun is just starting to rise over the furthest tree line.

It's dark enough outside I'm actually shining a SCANGRIP Swirl Finder Light on my detailing cart to light it up.

Here's a tip

DON'T add your car wash until AFTER you fill your bucket with water.

Why?

Because you'll tend to end up with a bucket full of suds, not soapy water solution.

This is 4 gallons of clean water....

Next I add the car wash solution, directions say one ounce to a gallon so I pour some in....

Now I use my stir stick, (which I take with me wherever I go) to mix the water and the Wash & Wax into a uniform solution.

Nice sudsing action considering I only used my hand to create the suds....

Washing - Of course I started at the roof and worked my way down but there wasn't anyone here at work to take a picture until Yancy arrived.

For the Lexus I use the Gentle Approach for Washing a Car

She's all washed and rinsed off and ready to dry. Before I chamois off the water, below are some water beading pictures...

Good water beading considering how dirty she was, my guess is this is from the build-in wax in the wash.

Clean and shiny!
    A great wash job looks as good and sometimes even better than some people's detail job....

Review
    I found the mixture of water to be very silky or slippery to the touch. Even though the exterior was very dirty, the wash pad glided easily over the body panels. When it came time to rinse, the wash and loosened dirt rinsed off easily and there was no soap film or streaks on the glass, something I've found other wash and wax product to do.

If you're using a traditional carnauba wax or synthetic paint sealant for protection on your car and you keep you car's finish in good shape, then this is a great maintenance wash. This product rounds-out the BLACKFIRE line of car washes, something for everyone,

BLACKFIRE Car Wash - for those prepping a car for a detail that ONLY want cleaning or for those with a ceramic coating on their car that don't want any wax in their car wash.

BLACKFIRE Foam Soap - for those that like to use a Foam Gun or a Foam Cannon.

And now...

BLACKFIRE Wash & Wax - for those looking for a great maintenance wash that also leaves behind some gloss and protection.

On Autogeek.com

BLACKFIRE Wash & Wax

Stop bending over when you wash your car and get yourself one of these carts. Besides not having to bend over it also gives you a place to store all your car wash tools.

Grit Guard Universal Detailing Cart

Jumbo Green Microfiber Wash Pad

Fire Hose Nozzle

Available in 32 ounces and 1 gallon sizes

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE Wash and Wax by Mike Phillips

***Bump***

BLACKFIRE Wash & Wax is now available on the AG store!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    (sorry, this isn’t specifically about Wash and Wax) I think the old Blackfire WD Conditioning Shampoo has polymer gloss enhancers. I notice in your description of Blackfire Car Wash that it leaves no protection.

Was I wrong about the old label car wash, or was the re-labeled Blackfire Car Wash changed to leave nothing behind?

Post Thanks / Like

nice review mike. Would have liked to have seen some before pics of the dirty car and how she was beading prior to the application.

I assume you can't use this in a foam gun? I like to apply the foam let stand for a bit to help with bugs and grime. then 2 bucket wash.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review... but @ $80/gallon I am just not seeing the "save you money" part per the marketing material.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    Nice review... but @ $80/gallon I am just not seeing the "save you money" part per the marketing material.
    $60/gal.
    On sale for $53 + 20% off = $42.40 for those who want it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Note also that Mikes review mentions 1 ounce per gallon, but directions on AG call for 1-2oz per 5 gallons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Note also that Mikes review mentions 1 ounce per gallon, but directions on AG call for 1-2oz per 5 gallons.

I was going to ask the same thing. The sample bottle I have says 1-2 oz per 5 gallon also. At that dilution it’s a great value. Especially with the current sale

Nice review, Mike. Thank you.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    $60/gal.
    On sale for $53 + 20% off = $42.40 for those who want it now.
    I didn't pay attention to the dilution ratio. Now I get it. At the sale price it's a very good value going on $0.40 per oz. and at full price ($0.75/oz) it's still competitive with Meguiars Gold Class ($0.81), Wolfgang ($0.66), Mothers ($0.62), Duragloss ($0.49). CG Maxi Suds blows them all away at $0.17/oz. I've used all and even have some Pinnacle XMT still.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    I didn't pay attention to the dilution ratio. Now I get it. At the sale price it's a very good value going on $0.40 per oz. and at full price ($0.75/oz) it's still competitive with Meguiars Gold Class ($0.81), Wolfgang ($0.66), Mothers ($0.62), Duragloss ($0.49). CG Maxi Suds blows them all away at $0.17/oz. I've used all and even have some Pinnacle XMT still.

Dilution ratio should matter. It’s not the price per oz some people are interested in, it’s price per wash.
    A shampoo may be .50 cents an oz at 1 oz per gallon dilution costing 2.50 per wash compared to a wash that is .75 cents an ounce but only requires 1 oz per 5 gallon thus being .75 cents a wash. Follow me? Some people are thrifty and need to budget. Personally I use what I like.
    Jim

12. Likes JustJesus liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast