autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Machine Tire Scrubber by Mike Phillips - NO SHOCK HAZARD WHILE WASHING YOUR CAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post

Mike! Stop making me want to spend money LOL

This looks very nice. Just added it to my wanted list

So far this tool has worked out really well as a machine tire scrubber. At least that's how I like to use it. I've been showing it at all my detailing classes, both the big 3-day here and the 2-day classes on the road.

I just included some tips for using it here,

Review & How-To: Pinnacle Advanced Tire Cleaner

See post #3

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Machine Tire Scrubber by Mike Phillips - NO SHOCK HAZARD WHILE WASHING YOUR CAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    So far this tool has worked out really well as a machine tire scrubber. At least that's how I like to use it. I've been showing it at all my detailing classes, both the big 3-day here and the 2-day classes on the road.

I just included some tips for using it here,

Review & How-To: Pinnacle Advanced Tire Cleaner

See post #3

Thanks to your review, Mike, I ordered one! I already had the scrub brushes from before.

Haven’t had a chance to use it yet due to tires being relatively clean. But, I’m planning to use them to scrub and then coat a set of tires on my DD.

Review: Machine Tire Scrubber by Mike Phillips - NO SHOCK HAZARD WHILE WASHING YOUR CAR!Review: Machine Tire Scrubber by Mike Phillips - NO SHOCK HAZARD WHILE WASHING YOUR CAR!Review: Machine Tire Scrubber by Mike Phillips - NO SHOCK HAZARD WHILE WASHING YOUR CAR!Review: Machine Tire Scrubber by Mike Phillips - NO SHOCK HAZARD WHILE WASHING YOUR CAR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by VitreousHumor View Post

Thanks to your review, Mike, I ordered one! I already had the scrub brushes from before.

Haven’t had a chance to use it yet due to tires being relatively clean. But, I’m planning to use them to scrub and then coat a set of tires on my DD.

Good to hear.

When I use this tool, first make sure the batteries are fully charged. Next, be sure to TIGHTEN the brush into the chuck, otherwise it can and will spin off.

Then when using it I rarely just pull the trigger and scrub, instead I kind of feather the trigger and just work a section at a time. It works best to go ahead and just sit your butt down in front of the wheel when using this tool so you're looking straight across from it.

It's also easier to use it when holding it with both hands. I only show using it with one hand because my other hand is holding a Canon Rebel T6i taking the pictures.

4. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent!!
    Thank you, Mike!

Review: Machine Tire Scrubber by Mike Phillips - NO SHOCK HAZARD WHILE WASHING YOUR CAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Good to hear.

When I use this tool, first make sure the batteries are fully charged. Next, be sure to TIGHTEN the brush into the chuck, otherwise it can and will spin off.

Then when using it I rarely just pull the trigger and scrub, instead I kind of feather the trigger and just work a section at a time. It works best to go ahead and just sit your butt down in front of the wheel when using this tool so you're looking straight across from it.

It's also easier to use it when holding it with both hands. I only show using it with one hand because my other hand is holding a Canon Rebel T6i taking the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't know this existed, I cleaned a neighbors tires on their super raised f250 FX or whatever the heck he has. Absolutely GINORMOUS tires. I used the Tuf Shine brush + Tuf Shine cleaner and after 4 sessions the foam was still not white, so I gave up. Tires weren't even that dirty (at least looking) and he doesn't off road. I think this tool could have given me white foam in 2 passes. Scrubbing tires isn't fun, and even with a good cleaner like Tuf Shine, it can take half a dozen cycles to get them white foam clean. This machine can be used on carpet too? For the price it seems like a no brainer. It's definitely on my Xmas wish list.

Mike Phillips

Just to note - I like the $500.00 FLEX PE14 better but if it’s not available to me I would gladly use the Mighty Mini.

One thing about the Mighty Mini - it shuts off on its own when using. Not sure why but seems to happen to all of them.

Just release the trigger and then squeeze it again and it comes back on.

I show it in all my classes including the one I’m flying to right now. I also shared this with everyone in the class. I want them to know it shuts off so they are not disappointed in me.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

so I have looked around and cannot fin the brushes separately. Not for Auto Geek, where I ordered the Mighty Mini, or Amazon (did google search with no luck either). You can however order another 150.00 unit to get different brush styles at Auto Geek, but i'm not gonna try that way.

Any sources you can share here?
    Thanks, much appreciated.

PSI did order the MM with the Leather Complete Kit (with the blue brush as you show for tires, IIRC also with the leather kit) I need a backing plate for the pads from Auto Geek, not 100% sure the tool includes the plate or not. Be nice if it does. Everything seems to be a la carte with their catalog/website (Auto Geek). Don't get me wrong they have a great section.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

okay. i found where the DA brushes were hiding on AG site. I might have seem them before, I just didn't understand fully the way in which they were attached. I knew it was not a drill chuck, but now I get it. I will see if the kit come with a pad backing plate (assuming, up we know ASS U ME is not always best policy), if not I might run to Northern Tool and see if they have something that might work if I am in a rush to try other things out and not want to wait for another order to ship, I am pretty sure I saw some polisher items in the place somewhere.

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast