autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ZippinGold612 View Post
    I am currently in the middle of detailing my black 2010 Yukon and want to try this out (bought some, but havenÂ’t used it yet). But I would like the paint to pop as best it can. I love using CG Blacklight on my Boston Green 97 M3 and then topping with Wolfgang Fuzion, but donÂ’t want to waste that on the Yukon, plus I would like more durability since the Yukon lives outside and gets washed less often.

My question is can I use Blackfire SiO2 spray on top of CG Blacklight? I just donÂ’t want to be wasting the durability properties if it canÂ’t bond to the paint with the Blacklight on there.
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline
    I can't comment on Blacklight specifically but I've used this on top of AIO's and a mish-mash of other spray sealants without any problems.

A good quality AIO maintained with a durable spray sealant like BFSi02 is my go-to for daily drivers.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ZippinGold612 View Post

My question is can I use Blackfire SiO2 spray on top of CG Blacklight?

I just don’t want to be wasting the durability properties if it can’t bond to the paint with the Blacklight on there.

Thanks in advance.
    I would say "no". You could try it. There's no LAW against this combo.

The CG Blacklight is an AIO or one-step cleaner/sealant. Like a cleaner/wax excetp instead of wax it uses a synthetic sealant for the protection aspect.

The BLACKFIRE Si02 would be best used on a finish that already has a coating on it or naked paint but I think it should work okay over an AIO.

If it were me? I would wash the car well, (and carefully), and then use this product. Most AIOs don't last but about 3 months. Could be some or most of your CG Blacklight is already worn off?

Mike Phillips

More,

Here's a video on this product and this was the real deal, that is how I shared to use it and how I shared it made the paint feel. The key is the 2-towel technique.

And here's my review and how-to for this product. It is a really nice product on previously coated cars.

BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant

Post Thanks / Like

SiO2 spray sealants can be used on top of anything. Doesn't matter. One of three things will happen.

A) The solvents in the spray sealant will strip off whatever was on the paint if what was on the paint was silicone or oil based.
    B) The base layer is strong enough that the bonding agent just sat the product on top and off you go.
    C) The base layer is only partially still existing due to longevity factor, bonding agent forms a partial bond, partially to paint, partially to whatever the base layer is.

Best way to tell if you can use a product on top of another product is if the product is recommended for only the paint or if the product is good to go for glass, paint, rims, headlights, etc.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

5. Likes DetailZeus liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post

SiO2 spray sealants can be used on top of anything. Doesn't matter. One of three things will happen.

A) The solvents in the spray sealant will strip off whatever was on the paint if what was on the paint was silicone or oil based.
    B) The base layer is strong enough that the bonding agent just sat the product on top and off you go.
    C) The base layer is only partially still existing due to longevity factor, bonding agent forms a partial bond, partially to paint, partially to whatever the base layer is.

Best way to tell if you can use a product on top of another product is if the product is recommended for only the paint or if the product is good to go for glass, paint, rims, headlights, etc.

And.... definitely can't hurt anything.

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny because the more I go down the foxhole, the more I realise on one hand, I'm over thinking certain things. On the other hand, I'm not over thinking the right things.
    :Shrug:
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Sounds like you’re saying that products designed to be used on numerous surfaces are likely the best general toppers.

Post Thanks / Like

Long story short, yes. Flexible bonding agent.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

10. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Sounds like you’re saying that products designed to be used on numerous surfaces are likely the best general toppers.
    I tend to think that sticking in the same product line generates the best results due to similar chemistry. I would think that DP, Wolfgang, Blackfire and PBL would have some overlapping products which should work well together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I tend to think that sticking in the same product line generates the best results due to similar chemistry. I would think that DP, Wolfgang, Blackfire and PBL would have some overlapping products which should work well together.
    I totally agree. I’m a big synergy guy and have been since waxes and sealants. But I still find myself mixing and matching constantly fit hobby fun and just in case I stumble upon some mix I really like.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast