autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

When using this on a windshield, does it cause chatter? I've been using another SiO2 product and it chatters. I now cleaned the windshield with Pinnacle Glass cleaner which I used to use for rain repellency and it seems to help but I don't know if it will last long. I'd rather have a coating that doesn't chatter...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Nexifer View Post

When using this on a windshield, does it cause chatter?
    I honestly don't know.

I use Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating on glass just for the reason said you like to avoid. Works perfect every time.

I love this stuff on paint too - leaves the paint feeling slick and slippery. Beads water like a son-of-a-gun.

Coated under 15 minutes using PBL Surface Coating

3. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nexifer View Post
    When using this on a windshield, does it cause chatter? I've been using another SiO2 product and it chatters. I now cleaned the windshield with Pinnacle Glass cleaner which I used to use for rain repellency and it seems to help but I don't know if it will last long. I'd rather have a coating that doesn't chatter...
    Keep your glass clean and your Wiper Blades clean! Try using alcohol as the cleaning agent on the wipers to stop the chattering. I do that with both Griot's Garage Glass Sealant and the IGL Glass Coating. Do not have any issues with chattering. And to save yourself some misery, use a disposable towel or facial pads and trash them after done cleaning the wipers. It will not wash out of most of your MF towels.

5. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Sio2, I tried this product, is goes on and comes off without any issues, great.

Where I found it lacking is in the looks department, it looks good, but it didn`t give me that `Wow` factor, that was disappointing.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Kneel View Post

Blackfire Sio2, I tried this product, is goes on and comes off without any issues, great.
    Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneel View Post

Where I found it lacking is in the looks department, it looks good, but it didn't give me that `Wow` factor, that was disappointing.

Thanks for sharing. Can you share a picture of the car you applied it to?

Next time I have a detail, after I do the normal steps I'll re-visit this product. The car I initially did the review on belong to a co-worker and they had previously did the normal steps,

• Wash and dry
    • Clay
    • Machine polish
    • Wax

The above would mean the paint is in the first 3 categories outlined in this article,

Paint Condition Categories

But yeah - not everyone will love every product.

If you like, I can put you in touch with customer care.

8. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

I broke this out last week and used as a drying aid for topper on the wife’s car with never-ending Cancoat base. Looks nice and beaded lovely after the heavy rains.

However I did get streaking once under a bright light in the garage. I likely over-used big time. The streaks came out with some N-914.

10. Likes Kneel liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am currently in the middle of detailing my black 2010 Yukon and want to try this out (bought some, but haven’t used it yet). But I would like the paint to pop as best it can. I love using CG Blacklight on my Boston Green 97 M3 and then topping with Wolfgang Fuzion, but don’t want to waste that on the Yukon, plus I would like more durability since the Yukon lives outside and gets washed less often.

My question is can I use Blackfire SiO2 spray on top of CG Blacklight? I just don’t want to be wasting the durability properties if it can’t bond to the paint with the Blacklight on there.
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZippinGold612 View Post
    I am currently in the middle of detailing my black 2010 Yukon and want to try this out (bought some, but haven’t used it yet). But I would like the paint to pop as best it can. I love using CG Blacklight on my Boston Green 97 M3 and then topping with Wolfgang Fuzion, but don’t want to waste that on the Yukon, plus I would like more durability since the Yukon lives outside and gets washed less often.

My question is can I use Blackfire SiO2 spray on top of CG Blacklight? I just don’t want to be wasting the durability properties if it can’t bond to the paint with the Blacklight on there.
    Thanks in advance.
    If BF SiO2 can be used as a topper on sealants and waxes it may be OK on Blacklight. But I think you might get fine pop without Blacklight if the paint is in good condition. What color is the Yukon paint? SiO2 looked great on solid black tried it on.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s gloss black. I may just try it on raw paint. And see how it looks and how much longevity I get out of it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZippinGold612 View Post
    It’s gloss black. I may just try it on raw paint. And see how it looks and how much longevity I get out of it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    BF polymers look amazing and unique on black paint, IMO. Definitely worth a shot to try it alone first.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast