autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Results 81 to 90 of 90
  1. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

    how perfect of a car wash do you need before application? How about water spots left from the wash? Is BF synthetic spay wax better what are the differences?

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

    Can someone explain the difference in this vs bf hydroseal? Or the bf hydroseal concentrate?
    Actually, let's go 1 step further, how about bf coating booster?

    I'm looking for an si02 regimen for my toy hauler. But it seems as all the house brands have a slew of overlapping products.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  3. #83
    Senior Member acuRAS82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    1,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

    Quote Originally Posted by jmorlan View Post
    Can someone explain the difference in this vs bf hydroseal? Or the bf hydroseal concentrate?
    Actually, let's go 1 step further, how about bf coating booster?

    I'm looking for an si02 regimen for my toy hauler. But it seems as all the house brands have a slew of overlapping products.
    BF HydroSeal is Spray on/rinse off after a car wash/rinse and before drying). BF SiO2 Spray a more traditional spray on, wipe off spray “wax”. BF Coating Booster does seem a bit redundant to SiO2 Spray, but is less substantial and not really strong enough to be used standalone in my opinion. Consider it a watered down, less polymer’d version of BF SiO2 Spray. It’s OK when only topping coated surfaces though.

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

    Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    BF HydroSeal is Spray on/rinse off after a car wash/rinse and before drying). BF SiO2 Spray a more traditional spray on, wipe off spray “wax”. BF Coating Booster does seem a bit redundant to SiO2 Spray, but is less substantial and not really strong enough to be used standalone in my opinion. Consider it a watered down, less polymer’d version of BF SiO2 Spray. It’s OK when only topping coated surfaces though.
    So what the difference in the 32oz hydroseal and the hydroseal concentrate. I mix myself and end up with more product for a lower cost?
    Hydroseal is the strongest of the bunch? My dad and I both have 43ft 5th wheel's and boy it's a chore with that collinite.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  5. #85
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    43,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

    Quote Originally Posted by jmorlan View Post

    So what the difference in the 32oz hydroseal and the hydroseal concentrate.
    One product is pre-mixed or RTU, which means Ready To Use - some people LIKE this option.

    The other product is a concentrate - you need to dilute it according to directions.



    Quote Originally Posted by jmorlan View Post

    I mix myself and end up with more product for a lower cost?

    Yes.


    I would STRONGLY urge everyone to dilute this product correctly. Then ONLY spray to one panel at a time and THEN IMMEDIATLY BLAST IT OFF.

    I don't know how the chemistry for these types of product work but they seem to start bonding to the paint immediately, even when the paint is wet.

    If you get too much on or don't blast what you so spray on off it can leave too much on the surface. I've been told this can also happen if the panel is hot. Thus all of these tips are actually in the directions.


    Mike Phillips
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member - Certified Detailer - Skills Validated Detailer - IDA Recognized Trainer
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Mike Phillips Detail Files YouTube Playlist
    Sign-up for Mike's Tips & Techniques Newsletter


  6. Likes jmorlan liked this post
  7. #86
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    43,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

    Mike Phillips
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member - Certified Detailer - Skills Validated Detailer - IDA Recognized Trainer
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Mike Phillips Detail Files YouTube Playlist
    Sign-up for Mike's Tips & Techniques Newsletter


  8. Likes jmorlan liked this post
  9. #87
    Super Moderator Bobby B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

    Quote Originally Posted by jmorlan View Post
    Can someone explain the difference in this vs bf hydroseal? Or the bf hydroseal concentrate?
    Actually, let's go 1 step further, how about bf coating booster?

    I'm looking for an si02 regimen for my toy hauler. But it seems as all the house brands have a slew of overlapping products.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

    Blackfire SiO2 Spray Sealant - This is a stand-alone SiO2 "Silica" Spray Sealant. If you want to use it as a stand-alone sealant I would recommend prepping the paint surface first, so it can bond properly to the paint surface. This should be applied to a clean, dry, cool to the touch paint surface. It can also be used to maintain the hydrophobic properties and add slickness to ceramic coatings. A lot of ceramic coatings have a "Rubbery" feeling to them and most customers want the "Slick" feeling. This SiO2 Spray Sealant is extremely slick an a little goes a long way.
    32oz Bottle - Retail $47.99

    Blackfire HydroSeal - This is a "Ready-To-Use" SiO2 Sealant that gets applied to a wet surface. After you're done washing your vehicle, simply wet the surface and spray the HydroSeal and immediately rinse the surface with a strong jet of water. Start at the top of your vehicle and work your way around the vehicle working on one panel at a time. Make sure the surface is cool to the touch and work in a shaded area. IMO this product is perfect for large Trucks, SUV's, RV's and Trailers.
    32oz. Bottle - Retail $45.99

    Blackfire HydroSeal Concentrate - This is the same product as HydroSeal, but in a concentrate version. Perfect for professional detailers and offers a better price point. Your average consumer likes "RTU" products, but a lot of detailers prefer concentrates. The 1:7 dilution ratio will produce 32oz. of "RTU" product with the small 4oz. bottle.
    4oz. - Retail $21.99
    8oz. - Retail $34.99

    Blackfire Coating Booster - This is simply a "Booster" maintenance product for any ceramic, quartz, or resin-based coating. This product will add slickness and shine, as well as hydrophobic properties. It's not as durable as the SiO2 Spray Sealant.
    32oz. Bottle - Retail $29.99

  10. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
  11. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    Blackfire SiO2 Spray Sealant - This is a stand-alone SiO2 "Silica" Spray Sealant. If you want to use it as a stand-alone sealant I would recommend prepping the paint surface first, so it can bond properly to the paint surface. This should be applied to a clean, dry, cool to the touch paint surface. It can also be used to maintain the hydrophobic properties and add slickness to ceramic coatings. A lot of ceramic coatings have a "Rubbery" feeling to them and most customers want the "Slick" feeling. This SiO2 Spray Sealant is extremely slick an a little goes a long way.
    32oz Bottle - Retail $47.99

    Blackfire HydroSeal - This is a "Ready-To-Use" SiO2 Sealant that gets applied to a wet surface. After you're done washing your vehicle, simply wet the surface and spray the HydroSeal and immediately rinse the surface with a strong jet of water. Start at the top of your vehicle and work your way around the vehicle working on one panel at a time. Make sure the surface is cool to the touch and work in a shaded area. IMO this product is perfect for large Trucks, SUV's, RV's and Trailers.
    32oz. Bottle - Retail $45.99

    Blackfire HydroSeal Concentrate - This is the same product as HydroSeal, but in a concentrate version. Perfect for professional detailers and offers a better price point. Your average consumer likes "RTU" products, but a lot of detailers prefer concentrates. The 1:7 dilution ratio will produce 32oz. of "RTU" product with the small 4oz. bottle.
    4oz. - Retail $21.99
    8oz. - Retail $34.99

    Blackfire Coating Booster - This is simply a "Booster" maintenance product for any ceramic, quartz, or resin-based coating. This product will add slickness and shine, as well as hydrophobic properties. It's not as durable as the SiO2 Spray Sealant.
    32oz. Bottle - Retail $29.99
    So in your professional opinion. Hydroseal concentrate is the best option to go fornin terms of length of protection and ease of use in the rv situation?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  12. #89
    Super Moderator Bobby B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

    Quote Originally Posted by jmorlan View Post
    So in your professional opinion. Hydroseal concentrate is the best option to go fornin terms of length of protection and ease of use in the rv situation?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Yes, It's extremely easy to work with on an RV especially when using a pressure washer. You just want to start at the top and work your way down and around working on one panel at a time. Make sure the surface is cool to the touch and avoid working in direct sunlight.

  13. #90
    Senior Member acuRAS82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    1,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

    For ease of use, no doubt HydroSeal is easiest on an RV. The concentrate is better value and takes up less space on your shelf if you don’t mind having to have distilled water on hand. (highly recommended vs tap water).

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Similar Threads

  1. Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips
    By Mike Phillips in forum Product Reviews by Mike Phillips
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 07-09-2019, 08:50 AM
  2. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-11-2018, 06:48 AM
  3. REVIEW: BLACKFIRE Bug Remover by Mike Phillips
    By Mike Phillips in forum Product Reviews by Mike Phillips
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2018, 10:11 PM
  4. Review: Blackfire Carpet and Upholstery by Mike Phillips
    By Mike Phillips in forum Product Reviews by Mike Phillips
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-20-2018, 08:28 PM
  5. Review and How-To: Blackfire Foam Soap by Mike Phillips - SUDS --> LOTS of SUDS!
    By Mike Phillips in forum Product Reviews by Mike Phillips
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2017, 05:09 PM

Members who have read this thread: 178

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» August 2019

S M T W T F S
28293031 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31