autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    Mike,
    What’s the shelf life of BF Si02?

I’ve used so little for a lot of applications, that i’m thinking it might take 3 years or more to use up a bottle of it.
    Great question.

Generally speaking, most car care products have a shelf life of 5 years as long as they are not stored in either extreme cold or extreme warm environments.

How do you like it so far?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Great question.

Generally speaking, most car care products have a shelf life of 5 years as long as they are not stored in either extreme cold or extreme warm environments.

How do you like it so far?

Very impressed. I'm kinda "hyper" in my detailing so I'll reapply every few washings..... just because I can & I'm addicted to a slick feeling finish. I was in MI & IN recently and detailed my Sister's and Godmother's cars. I clayed and use Zaino AIO (a favorite for years) with my cordless Griots orbital then topped the next day with BF Si02 using a microfiber sponge for good "flat" coverage and minimal product waste. I always have them toss a towel on the hood after a wash and it literally sticks in place...after claying-polish-Si02.... the towel will slide off the surface with the slightest breeze.

Post Thanks / Like

Very impressed. I'm kinda "hyper" in my detailing so I'll reapply every few washings..... just because I can & I'm addicted to a slick feeling finish. I was in MI & IN recently and detailed my Sister's and Godmother's cars. I clayed and use Zaino AIO (a favorite for years) with my cordless Griots orbital then topped the next day with BF Si02 using a microfiber sponge for good "flat" coverage and minimal product waste. I always have them toss a towel on the hood after a wash and it literally sticks in place...after claying-polish-Si02.... the towel will slide off the surface with the slightest breeze.
    That’s a good example of using this on a Sealant (rather than on a coating or standalone). I’m a Sealant guy and am hoping to use it in the same way.

Post Thanks / Like

can this also be applied on glass, window plastic trims, etc..

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mikbik View Post

Off hand, I'm not sure if there's any downside to applying to non-paint surfaces. I'd have to check or try it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikbik View Post
    The Blackfire SiO2 Spray Sealant can be applied to glass. I would recommend polishing the exterior glass surface before applying this product. I've noticed this product doesn't last that long on the front windshield, but I also live in South Florida and in rains daily during the summer months. I'm always using my wiper blades

I've never tried using this product on Plastic Trim. This is an SiO2 Spray Sealant designed for painted surfaces. If the trim is "Glossy" I'm sure it will work fine, but if it's textured plastic and porous I would recommend using a product designed for plastic trim. Blackfire Multi-Surface Dressing Concentrate would be perfect for dressing your Plastic Trim. BLACKFIRE Multi-Surface Dressing Concentrate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That’s exactly the way I see it too.

sealant/wax maintenance
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...3&share_type=t
    Being a senior AG I like the spray on sealants, Mckees 37 and recently Sonax spray on rinse off. These are simple to use along with maintenance washes and some detail spray for upkeep.
    My wifes car is a 2018 Escape Ruby Red and she gets compliments on how great the car looks. Again its taking care of your car to keep it looking good..

Post Thanks / Like

Curious, do you need to wait the next day for the BF? I'm not familiar if there is curing time for the Zaino AIO. Tia!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    The Blackfire SiO2 Spray Sealant can be applied to glass. I would recommend polishing the exterior glass surface before applying this product. I've noticed this product doesn't last that long on the front windshield, but I also live in South Florida and in rains daily during the summer months. I'm always using my wiper blades

I've never tried using this product on Plastic Trim. This is an SiO2 Spray Sealant designed for painted surfaces. If the trim is "Glossy" I'm sure it will work fine, but if it's textured plastic and porous I would recommend using a product designed for plastic trim. Blackfire Multi-Surface Dressing Concentrate would be perfect for dressing your Plastic Trim. BLACKFIRE Multi-Surface Dressing Concentrate
    No wiper chatter with it on the windshield?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jon TDS View Post
    Curious, do you need to wait the next day for the BF? I'm not familiar if there is curing time for the Zaino AIO. Tia!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    Probably not. I went back and reread the application instructions and it's only the other Z products where they mention waiting 8-12 hrs before a second coat. Usually I'm looking for an excuse to do something additional the next day so an additional application satisfies my urge for "more touch"!!!

11. Likes Jon TDS liked this post
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast