autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

Put on another coat of the blackfire SIO2… I doubt any other any other conventional polymer or carnuba product will anchor and remain intact long term.
    Glen -

2. Thanks LarryS thanked for this post
    Likes LarryS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The sio2 products often goes a long way when applyied. So I think you used to much of it that caused the streaking. Then those cure also after applyied and the gloss enhance during this and reach the top after 24h.

You can test to reapply to a spot where it was streaking and wipe it off. Often it's that alike desolves alike. Do this test as soon as possible. I like to use 2 towels to apply with one and the other to remove. The application towel would not be saturated only slightly damp or you use to much of sio2 product. And you may have to use several wipe off towels so they are as effective as possible to remove the excess product.
    If you find it still streaking you can test to spray the towel folded in four 2 times the sprays to prime it and then 1 spray as you move on. Look at the paint and when you see it starts to reduce the product then wipe it off. You can test to use 2 wipe off towels too and see if that works better.

If you apply another layer wait 24h so it has fully cured or even some days. Some sio2 products don't like to be layered to soon and starts to streak very fast.

Just have in mind when useing different LSP on the same paint. That you get the last applyied characterictis. So the looks of the first can be muted. So I would do a test spot with the topper you want to layer to the trunk lid for an example. Then decide from that if you are satisfied with the results.

4. Thanks LarryS thanked for this post
    Likes LarryS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

glen e and SWETM,

Thanks for the advice. I'll put on another coat of the SiO2 tomorrow. Using less. I did use two towels to remove the SiO2 and I'll do that again tomorrow.

LarryS

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LarryS View Post
    glen e and SWETM,

Thanks for the advice. I'll put on another coat of the SiO2 tomorrow. Using less. I did use two towels to remove the SiO2 and I'll do that again tomorrow.

LarryS
    Heres a good you tube for reload, im sure the blackfire can use the same procedure:

YouTube
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

I find streaking of SIO2 products come from three reasons: 1. Over application. 2. Wax or sealant as a base coat. 3. Application in the Sun/hot surface. If you can avoid these three events your SIO2 product will likely work the way the manufacturer intended.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the tip about dampening the mf cloth. Makes things much easier!
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I find streaking of SIO2 products come from three reasons: 1. Over application. 2. Wax or sealant as a base coat. 3. Application in the Sun/hot surface. If you can avoid these three events your SIO2 product will likely work the way the manufacturer intended.
    I think it likely that I used too much. I'm going to reapply today using less. Thinking about giving the car final buff with my orbital but I'm unsure about what pad to use and at what speed. If anyone wild like to chime in with advice it would be most welcome.

LarryS

Post Thanks / Like

Don't use the orbital, just put it on and take it off the proper way. A typical car door should be one spritz. Possibly Max 2.We all grew up putting on wax to where we had to see it go on, polymers and Si02 products, almost flash as soon as they get on the paint, and are clear, so you can't tell easily what you're doing, you just have to remember where you applied it. That's why A wipe "up down side to side" is recommended, And not circular motions.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

how will this do as a drying aid? im always looking for a new drying aid thats good in the sun.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there any reason this product cannot be used on my fiberglass boat.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast