autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Jeweling Wax - 2014 Maserati GT Sport detailed by Mike Phillips

Mike,

Thanks for posting this article. I can't imagine how much time it took you between demonstrating the product, photographing the results, and explaining to all of us dumb dumbs the benefits to using a product like this.

I generally ask this question every time a new cleaner wax is released, do you know if Pinnacle Jeweling wax safe on black plastic and rubber trim? That's one of my favorite aspects of HD Speed and this appears to be a very similar product. Plus Pinnacle Souveran wax is trim safe so I had hoped this would be as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Jeweling Wax - 2014 Maserati GT Sport detailed by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    That came out awesome! I just added a bottle to my order. How awesome Mike that you got to have Frank there to work on that bad ass car. Bet it was a good time.
    It was great working with Mike and on that cool car Don. Always some good laughs along the way and nice talking about detailing stuff and picking up some great tips from his vast experience.

3. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Waiiiiiiiiiiiit a minute! There was just a discussion on AUTOPIA about how a Flex can't finish off paint and anyone who uses one is a hack. Lol some people have their heads so far up in the Rupes cloud they talk out of their other end! What a beautiful car and wonderful article Mike. Thank you for all that you do for this industry!!!
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

5. Likes FrankS, VISITOR, DETAILROOKIE, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes wondering how this plays with rubber and black plastic trim, hopefully I can find out before the sale ends at midnight

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review Mike.

This product seems like it would be great for getting rid of the micro marring that is left from my car cover. After investing a good paint job, many $$$$ worth of Auto Geek products and an expensive car cover , I still wind up with micro marring from putting the cover on and taking it off, no matter how careful I am...

In your opinion Mike, could you use this product and a jeweling pad more than two times a year on the same paint to take out the micro marring ?

I finished the paint on my car with Menz FG 400, then Menz SF 3800. then Wolfgang Deep Gloss paint sealant. Machine waxed with Fuzion...

Review: Pinnacle Jeweling Wax - 2014 Maserati GT Sport detailed by Mike Phillips-img_20170702_093631528_hdr-jpg

Review: Pinnacle Jeweling Wax - 2014 Maserati GT Sport detailed by Mike Phillips-img_20170702_093724774_hdr-jpg

8. Likes Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod

I generally ask this question every time a new cleaner wax is released, do you know if Pinnacle Jeweling wax safe on black plastic and rubber trim?
    I’ve only used this product on two cars, a 2017 Bentley (review next week), and this Maserati. I was super careful around the trim and where I couldn’t trust myself I taped-off.

The few areas of trim or plastic where I did get splatter it wiped off without staining.

And of course it goes without saying, slow down and be careful or tape-off for an extra measure of safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lehr View Post

In your opinion Mike, could you use this product and a jeweling pad more than two times a year on the same paint to take out the micro marring ?
    Easily. Even a finishing pad or polishing pad.

The application you describe is a perfect scenario for a Jeweling Wax.

Fast, easy excellent results and very non-invasive.

Mike Phillips

Ha ha - I’m answering live from our Cars & Coffee Show this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Will also add a bottle to my order. Thank you, Mike! Amazing as always.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lehr View Post

I finished the paint on my car with Menz FG 400, then Menz SF 3800. then Wolfgang Deep Gloss paint sealant. Machine waxed with Fuzion...

That is one beautiful car and I love that color!

Fuzion is a very very nice finishing wax for a process like you've performed.

14. Thanks Red Lehr thanked for this post
    Likes Red Lehr liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast