autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: GYEON Q2 ONE Enthusiast Ceramic Coating by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mpulsiv View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, this is the source written by Jeff Page not found | Ask a Pro Blog. I fail to understand what's not straight forward about this process.
    Concentration by volume:
    Q˛ CanCoat (35%)
    Q˛ One (55%)
    Q˛ PURE (80%)

Impressive longevity results, 12+ months just from CanCoat Page not found | Ask a Pro Blog
    I think I'm almost sold on Gyeon
    Be careful with posts outside to another competing site per the forum rules. Don't want to see you get reprimanded with you being fairly new to the site.

Gyeon Pure and One have their own unique application. I have not used either of these coatings as I just did a giveaway on Autopia for Gyeon Pure and sent it off to another forum member a couple months ago. It seems like to much of a headache that I don't have the desire to work with either of these with their quirky application. I much prefer the cross hatch application of Cquartz UK 3.0, Cquartz TiO2, 22ple. Even Gyeon Syncro is easy to apply but from my experience lacks in overall performance compared to the others I have mentioned. I am not saying to not purchase them but rather sharing my experience as each person will have a different experience.

Gyeon CanCoat is a solid product and I would say my favorite coating product in the Gyeon line up and it is not a full blown coating but rather a coating lite. Pair it with the Gyeon Primer Polish and Cure for a great combination. CanCoat is a perfect entry level start into coatings as is Cquartz Lite.

Gyeon makes some good products.

Reference video from Gyeon on applying Pure. The same pertains to One.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Gyeon Pure and One have their own unique application. I have not used either of these coatings as I just did a giveaway on Autopia for Gyeon Pure and sent it off to another forum member a couple months ago. It seems like to much of a headache that I don't have the desire to work with either of these with their quirky application. I much prefer the cross hatch application of Cquartz UK 3.0, Cquartz TiO2, 22ple. Even Gyeon Syncro is easy to apply but from my experience lacks in overall performance compared to the others I have mentioned. I am not saying to not purchase them but rather sharing my experience as each person will have a different experience.

Gyeon CanCoat is a solid product and I would say my favorite coating product in the Gyeon line up and it is not a full blown coating but rather a coating lite. Pair it with the Gyeon Primer Polish and Cure for a great combination. CanCoat is a perfect entry level start into coatings as is Cquartz Lite.

Gyeon makes some good products.

Reference video from Gyeon on applying Pure. The same pertains to One.

Why does Gyeon One application is quirky? Tiling the applicator to drop several drops and/or included pipette to use inconvenient method of foam block with 4x4 microfiber suede applicator towel underneath of it?
    I read the review and watched the clip. Perhaps I'm missing something? Applying CanCoat is easier because it's just simple 2 sprays into microfiber towel?

Post Thanks / Like

Why does Gyeon One application is quirky? Tiling the applicator to drop several drops and/or included pipette to use inconvenient method of foam block with 4x4 microfiber suede applicator towel underneath of it?
    I read the review and watched the clip. Perhaps I'm missing something? Applying CanCoat is easier because it's just simple 2 sprays into microfiber towel?
    Look into other coatings application method and you will see what I mean.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing Gyeon had to come up with a somewhat unique application method due to 'user-unfriendliness' of applying with a more normal coating application method. I gave One a go back when it first came out, before they came up with the new method, and it was the tackiest coating to remove that I have ever tried. It went on nice but removing it was a bear, lotsa intense 'leveling/buffing/removing'.

Plus side to One is that if you found a high spot a few hours later, was relatively easy to remove. I had topped it with CanCoat and it did really well (despite owner using Joy diswhashing soap to wash weekly with) for over a year. I also used Gyeon Primer as a finishing polish...dunno if that had anything to do with later coating application difficulties. Primer is just a treat to use.

If I was doing a Gyeon-only coating, I'd stick with Mohs + Cancoat. Far easier application and a tougher customer altogether.

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

7. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678