autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

You’re so cool Mike. No really I mean it, you’re a real nice guy.. There’s people on other forums who act like they’re dictators over little stuff like this and it’s a major turnoff to people who are simply trying to join in the community on any given platform.

This forum is by far the best place for respectful communication between likeminded people. Thanks for reminding me of that.

Well I don't know if I'm "cool", I'm sure a lot of people would not use that word. More nerdy when it comes to social media platforms.

But thank you for the observation.

Years ago after joining and participating on other forums and then feeling like I needed to take shower afterwards I simply started running the MeguiarsOnline.com forum like I would want a forum to look and act like. When I came to AGO back in 2009 there was only 1 forum rule and it was kind of general and to go along with it were handful of forum bullies demeaning everyone that made a post.

It took about a year to change the "feel" of the forum and it started with getting some real forum rules and thus the members had boundaries to stay within and the Mods had "something" to enforce. In a short while the bad guys were shown the door and it's been nice ever since.

2. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Mike Phillips

4. Likes Gav'sPurpleZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

nice !
    Gav Details on YouTube:
    www.youtube.com/c/GavDetails

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great info just read through it all.

Just bought this product and using it on my black Tesla Model 3...some questions...

On average, how many pads should I be using throughout the car?

Is it safe to use this with my DA every 3 months or should I switch to using this only when necessary for light cutting and use a different sealant/wax after its initial use? The reason I ask is I know that when using a product like a polish it takes away small layers of clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like

can BF one step be used every 3 months or is that to harsh on the paint?

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't think it would be necessary. If the vehicle is cared for then another form of protection can be added at a later date.
    Gav Details on YouTube:
    www.youtube.com/c/GavDetails

Post Thanks / Like

This is the kind of information I came to this forum to read about. There is a big difference to vehicles you pros get to "correct" or "rejuvenate" or frankly, "resurrect" after being neglected ( that hood was not well cared for before you or just old) v those of us that religiously detail are vehicles at least 2x/yr. While I do the 3 strep process that I have done for years , Mother's 1,2 and then 845 on top, I'd love to make it a 2 step process.
    I see the Blackfire product with a topcoat of Collinite 845 as a great way to cut down my work by a 1/3rd! I need to be steered to more of these reviews.
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by brunoranger View Post

Great info just read through it all.
    Thank you for taking the time to comment. Writing a review takes time and all the comments and questions others ask takes time.

The cumulative effect is helpful information in a linear format that people can read, see the pictures and learn from. You can't do this type of thing on Facebook or Instagram. Those social media platforms just don't work well for quality info.

Just bought this product and using it on my black Tesla Model 3...some questions...

On average, how many pads should I be using throughout the car?
    For paint in bad shape you use a one-step cleaner/wax like a compound, so 5-6 pads would be best. Soggy wet pads won't have any "polishing" effect to aid the abrasives in the product. Wet soggy pads work like soft finishing pads. So more pads are better.

For paint in decent shape you use a one-step cleaner/wax like a polish, so 3-5 pads would be best.

Is it safe to use this with my DA every 3 months or should I switch to using this only when necessary for light cutting and use a different sealant/wax after its initial use?

The reason I ask is I know that when using a product like a polish it takes away small layers of clear coat.
    I believe you could easily use this product every 3 months - just be sure to use foam "polishing" pads.

And as long as you're not washing the car with SOS pads, 4-5 section passes should be more than enough to clean up the paint and restore a show car finish.

Products like these are great for regular maintenance. Just as important is CAREFULLY washing your car so you don't need to do heavy correction often.

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post

can BF one step be used every 3 months or is that to harsh on the paint?
    See what I wrote above.

Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

The no dust or white line has sold me. My #1 issue with the Mother's products is how much comes off even with careful use....forget about the black trim.....no I don't mask it all out but 99% of the time the 845 removes that issue anyway. It is a rare miss. Will get some to try by fall and it sounds like you like the orange pads unless its truly for fine polish with a white pad. Looking forward to the change!!
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast