autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

First I must say beautiful car!! The vinyl tops are still sexy!

Secondly, nice work, Mike. Definitely gonna try this when available as I am searching for a AIO currently and just haven’t been happy with most that I have tried. If you can provide any info on the protection it leave behind, I would be grateful.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

We seem to have a AIO war brewing amongst all the manufacturers. I would like to know about the protection also. Is it wax based protection or is it all polymer (it is polycharged like BFWD). I am assuming that BFMS wax will sit fine on top but ss BFWD compatible on top?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow the Chevelle came out amazing Mike. It looks like the BF AIO is a serious contender in the AIO market. It seems manufacturers are coming out with serious focus on AIO's lately. Its great to see how they have transformed over the years. HD Speed, McKees 360, Megs D166, and now Blackfire. Great stuff !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good do you typically do 8 section passes?

Post Thanks / Like

Who owns the new backfire line if you don't mind me asking?

Post Thanks / Like

How far the All In One products have come! Thank you Mike for bringing this one to the forefront in the vast world of AIO's out there.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Great review as always!

What about price?

Thanks,
    David

Mike Phillips

Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post

Wow the Chevelle came out amazing Mike.

I agree, it really came out nice considering this was a one-step cleaner/wax and I did all the machine polishing in under 3 hours.

It was on display in the garage all day today, (Saturday) for people to inspect.

This Monday I'll do something with the vinyl top and the tires and then probably send her home..

9. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I agree, it really came out nice considering this was a one-step cleaner/wax and I did all the machine polishing in under 3 hours.

It was on display in the garage all day today, (Saturday) for people to inspect.

This Monday I'll do something with the vinyl top and the tires and then probably send her home..

To bad you just did your truck with the miguiars cleaner wax you could of used this stuff on it

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post

Nice review Mike!

Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks Frank.

It's not like most my reviews, which tend to be a lot more in-depth but right now I don't have a ton of time to type out detailed copy, so this review is just the meat, no potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by 01GreyStangGT View Post

I’m presuming that the Paint Sealant takes the place of Wet Diamond?
    Takes the place of All Paint Protection.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

Mike what is the claimed durability?

Thanks,
    ScottH
    Off hand I don't remember seeing any copy yet that makes statements about durability time.

Here's what I do know and what I've been posting to this forum for 8+ years when the topic of durability comes up for ANY product and it all comes down to how the surface is TOUCHED.

If I had a dime for every time I typed out the word touched in relationship to taking care of car paint I'd be a millionaire. But seriously, if you touch your car with a brick - as in wash the car with a brick, nothing is going to last very long.

If you wash your car like I describe in my how-to book, The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine - then you're being gentle and avoiding MICRO-ABRADING and then whatever it is you've applied to your car's paint has the best chance of lasting as long as its potential.

My guess is - approximately 3 months, maybe longer. But also keep in mind that this is a cleaner/wax, it's primary goal is to remove defects, create a deep wet shine and of course... leave behind some protection. For anyone looking for a super duper long lasting "anything" then take a look at ceramic coatings and remember before applying the super duper long lasting coating you will have to do the compounding, polishing and chemical stripping steps as DEDICATED steps, not step included in a one-step cleaner/wax.

Great question as I know everyone wants to know how long all the various brands of cleaner/waxes last. I'd say a minimum of 3 months if you wash carefully. Longer if you always park the car inside a garage when not in use.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post

Very nice. Looks like a serious contender!
    Great defect removal, excellent gloss and clarity, super easy to work with - yeah I'd say it's a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

First I must say beautiful car!! The vinyl tops are still sexy!

Secondly, nice work, Mike. Definitely gonna try this when available as I am searching for a AIO currently and just haven’t been happy with most that I have tried. If you can provide any info on the protection it leave behind, I would be grateful.
    Thanks for the kind words, I'm not a huge vinyl top fan but it does look good on this car. As for protection and durability I'll have to check. I walked out into the garage last week, there was a huge group of new BF products, first I've seen of most of them and now I'm using them and writing reviews. As I get more info like my norm - I'll gladly share it.

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post

We seem to have a AIO war brewing amongst all the manufacturers. I would like to know about the protection also.

Is it wax based protection or is it all polymer (it is polycharged like BFWD).

I am assuming that BFMS wax will sit fine on top but ss BFWD compatible on top?

This is Meghan and Bobby's project, revamping and re-launching this line, I'm sure one of them can chime in and share the specifics you ask about. I did some testing for a few of these product early on but not the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post

Wow the Chevelle came out amazing Mike. It looks like the BF AIO is a serious contender in the AIO market.

It seems manufacturers are coming out with serious focus on AIO's lately. Its great to see how they have transformed over the years.

1. HD Speed,
    2. McKees 360
    3. Megs D166
    4. and now Blackfire.

Great stuff !!!!

Good observation Pad.

I put a lot of focus in the detailing classes I teach on to primary types of car detailing, you can call them what you want here's what I call them,

1. Show Car Detailing
    2. Daily Driver Detailing

When detailing daily drivers, especially if you're doing this for money - you NEED and WANT a GREAT one-step cleaner/wax to save time while still putting out high quality results. In fact I can pull up multiple write-ups from my past classes showing this concept.

So "yeah" the market for one-step cleaner/waxes or for those of you that like the three letter term AIO (same thing), it's a competitive market and that's good for end-users.

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post

Who owns the new backfire line if you don't mind me asking?
    PBMG

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post

How far the All In One products have come!

Thank you Mike for bringing this one to the forefront in the vast world of AIO's out there.
    I normally would have used dedicated products and steps for a cool car like this but for my own testing purposes I chose to go with a simple approach.

Can't beat less than 3 hours from start to finish to buff out an old 2-door Chevy like this one...

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post

Great review as always!

What about price?

Thanks,
    David
    Thanks David and sorry to say - I have not seen any pricing as of yet. I'm sure it will be public on October 31 - the first day of SEMA

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post

To bad you just did your truck with the miguiars cleaner wax you could of used this stuff on it
    That's Meguiar's not miguiars

As for using D166 on my truck - it's no big deal, that product worked great too.

Thanks for all the comments, questions and feedback guys...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast