autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Android View Post

Thanks for the pictures . The paint looks like you could dip your hand in it and get wet !

How well do you think it would be to use this by hand ? Easy on n off ? Don't have a polisher..... yet !

It will work great by hand. Use a clean microfiber applicator pad for cars in bad or neglected condition and work small sections at a time.

And real important --> when you start a new section be sure to overlap into the previous section for uniform cleaning and thus uniform appearance.

Post Thanks / Like

Just what I've been looking for. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, are those GG BOSS orange pads or something else? Dont look like thinpros to me.

Post Thanks / Like

So for all "one-step" products, not just Blackfire, a coating would not be a good idea after the vehicle is done?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theblob640 View Post
    So for all "one-step" products, not just Blackfire, a coating would not be a good idea after the vehicle is done?
    Absolutely not. The surface needs to be surgically clean before a coating. These products leave behind waxes or sealants that would prevent the coating from being able to bond to the paint properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

6. Likes theblob640 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCDetails View Post
    Absolutely not. The surface needs to be surgically clean before a coating. These products leave behind waxes or sealants that would prevent the coating from being able to bond to the paint properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Great! Just what I was looking for, thanks.

I knew coatings needed to be on a surgically clean surface for it to bond but I just wanted to clarify on the definition of a "one-step", wasn't sure if ALL one-step leaves protection behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaner Wax/All-In-One/AIO = Products that most detailers and forum members think of when referring to a product that "Cleans, Polishes, Protects"
    Examples: HD Speed, Griot's Finishing Sealant, D166 Ultra Polishing Wax

One Step = Products designed to fill the gap between a heavy correction compound and a fine finishing polish. They generally will not cut as much as a heavy correction compound nor will they finish to the level of an extremely fine finishing polish. The benefit of a 1-step compound/polish is being able to have ONE product that's cutting/finishing capabilities can be tailored depending on the goal of the 1-step. If finish is more important, use a foam polishing pad. Or if you're looking for more cut, you can pair it with microfiber or foam heavy cutting pads. They are generally body shop safe and don't contain and waxes, silicones, or fillers.
    Examples: Boss Correcting Cream, HD Adapt, Scholl Concepts S20 Black, Sonax Cut & Finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    Cleaner Wax/All-In-One/AIO = Products that most detailers and forum members think of when referring to a product that "Cleans, Polishes, Protects"
    Examples: HD Speed, Griot's Finishing Sealant, D166 Ultra Polishing Wax

One Step = Products designed to fill the gap between a heavy correction compound and a fine finishing polish. They generally will not cut as much as a heavy correction compound nor will they finish to the level of an extremely fine finishing polish. The benefit of a 1-step compound/polish is being able to have ONE product that's cutting/finishing capabilities can be tailored depending on the goal of the 1-step. If finish is more important, use a foam polishing pad. Or if you're looking for more cut, you can pair it with microfiber or foam heavy cutting pads. They are generally body shop safe and don't contain and waxes, silicones, or fillers.
    Examples: Boss Correcting Cream, HD Adapt, Scholl Concepts S20 Black, Sonax Cut & Finish.
    I understand what you're saying, but I don't think of it quite the same way. For me, "1 step" always has and will continue to be another term for an AIO aka cleaner wax.

The terms 1 step/AIO/cleaner wax have been engraved in my head as meaning the same thing.

Going back over 10yrs ago, Meguiars used a very similar term on their label of D151 PRC, which of course is a cleaner wax or AIO or in this case a "One Liquid Solution"

And their latest version of AIO/cleaner wax D166 takes it even closer on its label calling it "One Step Solution"

IMO 1 Step means 1 Step. Not this 1 step, but then I have to lay down my "Last Step Protection"... No no, that totally contradicts the whole "1 step" that you were just talking about. Might as well be 5 more steps since the title doesn't actually matter. Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

@Mwoywod. I'm not directing that last part towards you, I'm just sort of thinking out loud from an outsiders perspective if for example a detailer had just showed me that kind of "1 step"
    I'd advise him to rethink what he calls it.

10. Thanks Cruzscarwash thanked for this post
    Likes WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Super nice review Mike, thank you.

Sweet ride too to be honest. Mike, you mention it has a nice long working time, tell me - did you notice much of a difference in results the longer you worked it or does it have an optimum time frame?

As a "Pro" detailing shop, I am always looking for that perfect AIO. This one from Blackfire is very appealing to me.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

I got me some...!!!

Bought:

Blackfire AIO
    Blackfire polish
    Blackfire sealant

Will share info when I get a chance to use these...

Thinking of doing 2 hellcats with these. Hope these will bring out the best! Not sure which direction I will go yet. Owner may opt for a coating. And this will change things...

Later,
    Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast