autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Meguiar's D166 Ultra Polishing Wax by Mike Phillips

Looks good!

Here's your picture in full size. There's cheater way to snag the code from an picture that's "attached" and make it magically show up full size. But it requires a computer and the ability to use "Code View".

I just like seeing a review I wrote go over 10,000 views!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, got caught up. Here's some photos. I'm not a pro so I dont know proper lighting but I got some in the sun and took some in a warehouse so the lights hit it. Overall it went really well probably because I did the clay bar first. I still see blemishes I wanted to take out so I'm guessing the DA would've gotten them. I'll try that next. It was definitely a lot of work but I actually enjoyed it. Arms were tired. Review: Meguiar's D166 Ultra Polishing Wax by Mike Phillips-20190513_101259-jpgReview: Meguiar's D166 Ultra Polishing Wax by Mike Phillips-20190512_135904-jpgReview: Meguiar's D166 Ultra Polishing Wax by Mike Phillips-20190512_135941-jpg

3. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Mike! Maybe you can enlarge these I just posted. I tried editing out the license plates but it then wouldn't upload so used the original file. Still have some bird poop damage on my passenger door, water spots, and some swirl marks but it did take out some water spots and swirl marks.

Post Thanks / Like

After reading the initial product review by Mike Phillips and so many subsequent positive reviews, I simply needed to try Meguiars D166 for my self. I was absolutely awestruck at how fast and effective it was. My first test was on my 2007 Tundra that has seen the last few summers not in the garage and the paint was looking very dull with little gloss. I was concerned that the appearance might actually have been the early stages of clearcoat failure due to the intense desert sun and heat that we have where I live. To my amazement, after a thorough wash and decontamination, I used the D166 with a Flex 3401 and Lake Country Force Hybrid white polishing pads and six section passes. The hood looked like new and was completely free of swirls! There were a few long scratches from an argument with a thorny bush along side the driveway that were also removed,which surprised me because I figured that I'd need to drop down to at least M205 or M105.

The roof was a little more sun-baked and super dull so I switched to the orange Force Hybrid cutting pad. Again to my surprise, it finished out as nice as the hood did and I didn't need to go back over with the white polishing pad. If the is any micro marring, I can't see it, although the charcoal silver color does tend to make swirls less visible to start with.

After such great results, I did my wife's 2015 Accord with the same setup and had equally impressive results. Both vehicles are daily drivers and now shine like new. Since the sun and the constant blowing sand dust mean daily light wipes, I'm going to cheat a little and put Sonax Polymer Net Shield on the horizontal surfaces for added protection.

Although I'm simply an enthusiast and not a pro, the D166 made my vehicles look like a pro worked on them. I never expected a product that is so close to a true one step buffing product to really work, but I'm totally sold. Thanks to all who documented their experiences with the D166, as it was a big help in my decision to invest the time to try it.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep reading how durable this D166 is. The most durable protection Meguiars offers in a cleaner wax. But what does that mean? 6 months? A year? I know it depends on how the car is treated but that doesn't stop companies from giving a range in months. Even other meguiars products give a time frame of how long the protection will last.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I didn't read every last post to see if anyone asked the question but how does it compare to M66?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I keep reading how durable this D166 is. The most durable protection Meguiars offers in a cleaner wax. But what does that mean? 6 months? A year? I know it depends on how the car is treated but that doesn't stop companies from giving a range in months. Even other meguiars products give a time frame of how long the protection will last.
    There is a video somewhere where the Meguiar's rep states 30-90 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank Mike!!!

Sent from my SM-J737V using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post

Sorry I didn't read every last post to see if anyone asked the question but how does it compare to M66?

I'd say longer just knowing it's newer technology.

When I was at Meguiar's, the normal practice is to update all product formulas when new technology is available BUT they don't normally create a public relations campaign when they do this.

What this means is although M66 has been around for a long time - it has been updated when new technology is available for this product.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567