autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Review and how-to: The Griot's Garage Air Pulse Cleaning Gun by Mike Phillips

Review and how-to: The Griot's Garage Air Pulse Cleaning Gun by Mike Phillips

What is the Griot's Garage Air Pulse Cleaning Gun?

Watch this video and see what it's all about....

It's a known fact....

Guys like tools....

Just ask Tim Taylor - he's not only Tim the tool man but he's also a genuine car guy.

And that brings me to a brand new tool from Griot's Garage, the Griot's Garage Air Pulse Car Cleaning Gun!

Here it is in the box...

Griot's Garage Air Pulse Car Cleaning Gun

Let's open up the box and take a peak inside...

There's the gun, the plastic jar for your water and chemicals, an uptake tube and an air hose fitting plus the instruction manual.

And here she is all assembled...

Connection the gun to an air line
    You need to have or get the appropriate air hose coupler. There are two baic types, if you already own an air compressor you'll know which type you need.

1/4" hose couplers

Here at Autogeek we use the industrial style so this is what I'm wrapping with thread tape before attaching the air hose coupler to the fitting on the Pulse Air gun.

Then attach the air hose coupler to the swivel

Here's what's really cool about the Griot's Garage Air Pulse Car Cleaning Gun!

You can attach it to and use a lot of your favorite Griot's Garage product!

Examples...

Bug & Smudge Remover, Microfiber Foam Pad Cleaner, Rubber Cleaner and Convertible Top Cleaner

Interior Detailer, Interior Cleaner, Heavy-Duty Wheel Cleaner and Wheel Cleaner

Look here, see the smaller ridge on the inside of the cap? This is thread to attach to the Griot's bottles...

Attach the flexible siphon tube with the weighted ball inside the bottle and then tighten down the lid and you're ready to start cleaning...

The red switch goes to a valve that lets you adjust the flow of your chemical being siphoned into the mixing chamber. Straight up is fully open, turning the switch down, (clockwise), 90 degrees is OFF and then anywhere in-between you an control from a little to a lot.

Use the air preasure regulator to adjust the air pressure, turn clockwise to reduce air pressure or open it up by turning it counterclockwise is to increase air pressure.

Since I have the Griot's Garage Wheel Cleaner already attached to the Air Pulse lets see it in action...

Note how the swivel bends so the stiff air line doesn't tip the gun and bottle over when you set it down.

Here's a dirty wheel after weeks and weeks of rain here in South Florida...

Pull the trigger on the handle and agitate...

Instant cleaning action...

A little more on the other side of the spoke...

And now the entire wheel...

Technique Tip
    After use or when switching between products, have a spare bottle of clean water around to flush clean water through the gun to rinse the innards out.

Even though you can't see anything coming out of the gun because water is clear there's a spray of atomized water spraying out rinsing out the wheel cleaner from the inside of the gun.

Here you can see the water spray as it gets the painted side of the garage wet when I pull the trigger.

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures Griots Garage Air Pulse Cleaning Gun

Continued....

Now that I've flushed out the Wheel Cleaner, let's test out the Rubber Cleaner....

The tire on the wheel I had just cleaned - the wheel was dirty so the tire is dirty too...

Clean and perfect for applying the Griot's Tire Dressing....

After using the tire cleaner, next I'll flush out the gun with clean water....

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures Griots Garage Air Pulse Cleaning Gun

Continued....

Next up.... lets test out the Interior Detailer...

For cleaning the vents and the dash I'm going to dial down the volume of cleaner going through the gun...

As well as reduce the air pressure.... this is important when cleaning around electrical switches or delicate surfaces...

Mike Phillips

Re: Review and how-to: The Griot's Garage Air Pulse Cleaning Gun by Mike Phillips

Continued...

You now the seats are about as dirty ad the tires and wheels...

I think this will become a training car for the September Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class

For this project I've switched over to Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner

Lots of pulse cleaning taking place at the surface level...

Here's after just a few blasts of pulse cleaning...

The door sills, sides of the chairs, running boards - everything is dirty....

Griot's Garage Air Pulse Gun to the rescue....

Clean as a whistle!

Might as well get the door jambs while I'm here....

Next....

Mike Phillips

Re: Review and how-to: The Griot's Garage Air Pulse Cleaning Gun by Mike Phillips

Continued...

Surprise!

The doors are as dirty as the wheels and tires....

Hmm...

No... I don't want to touch that...

I'll let the bristles on the end of the Griot's Garage Air Pulse Car Cleaning Gun touch it though...

That's a little better...

And that's a LOT better!

I'll touch that...

Next....

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Have you ever wondered how to clean in and around emblems?

Here's how... the Griot's Garage Air Plus Car Cleaning Gun with a waterless wash....

Look at the dirty grime that's been blasted out and pushed down the top of the painted door trim...

Mesh grills get dirty and they're hard and time cleaning to clean... so blast them with the Pulse Gun!

Engine cleaning...

Wow - surprise surprise... the engine compartment is as dirty as the wheels and tires...

Go figure...

Start at the top...

And then work your way down...

Review
    The Griot's Garage Air Pulse Car Cleaning Gun actually makes mundane cleaning jobs faster and more fun. The "more fun" part is simply because you get to use a cool tool for the job instead of the one attached to the end of your arm.

If you like tools that do the work for you then check out the Griot's Garage Air Pulse Car Cleaning Gun!

On Autogeek.com

Griot's Garage Air Pulse Cleaning Gun

All Griot's Garage products

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, this looks like a great versatile tool, thanks for the video, and write up. I especially like the ability to clean those grills that are on modern cars and trucks these days, also does it clean tires well enough to apply a coating like McKee's 37 tire coating or Tuf Shine Tire Clearcoat?

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review Mike. Well laid out and easy to read for anyone in the world with pictures documenting the story.

Ingenious idea to incorporate the smaller neck on the cap to utilize the smaller bottles if the operator decides.

Thanks for taking the time to put together a well laid out review for us to enjoy.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Parker View Post

Mike, this looks like a great versatile tool, thanks for the video, and write up.

I especially like the ability to clean those grills that are on modern cars and trucks these days,

Thank you for chiming in...

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Parker View Post

also does it clean tires well enough to apply a coating like McKee's 37 tire coating or Tuf Shine Tire Clearcoat?

Generally speaking - Id' say no.

To successfully apply a tire coating to a rubber tire sidewall the rubber has to be incredibly surgically clean. I find either thorough hand scrubbing or machine scrubbing is the way to go.

As a rule of thumb - if a tire has previously had any type of tire dressing already applied to the sidewall then I stick with tire dressings for these tires. Also for low profile i.e. short diameter tire sidewalls. To much work for a coating and not enough visual value - in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post

Very nice review Mike. Well laid out and easy to read for anyone in the world with pictures documenting the story.

Thanks for taking the time to put together a well laid out review for us to enjoy.
    Thanks for chiming in Mike...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post

Ingenious idea to incorporate the smaller neck on the cap to utilize the smaller bottles if the operator decides.
    Griot's continually impresses me with their forward momentum in innovating... they are like a freight train in full speed ahead mode.

10. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Griot's continually impresses me with their forward momentum in innovating... they are like a freight train in full speed ahead mode.
    thanks for sharing your review, looks like a sweet tool to add to the arsenal...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast