autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review and how-to: Vapor Chief Steam Cleaners by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    bump

I'm a small volume detailer. I was wondering which would be a best fit for me. The vaporchief 100 or the 75? I'll be using it mostly for interior and occasionally engine bays. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you guys

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by JICs Auto Detail View Post

I'm a small volume detailer. I was wondering which would be a best fit for me. The vaporchief 100 or the 75?

I'll be using it mostly for interior and occasionally engine bays. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you guys

The primary difference between these two that will affect you as you're working is the 75 is a SINGLE FILL unit. If and when you run out of water you'll have to turn it off and let it cool down before you can remove the the lid off the pressurized tank. If you try to remove it before it cools down you'll probably burn yourself as hot steam tries to escape. Kind of like taking off the radiator cap off an overheating car engine.

The 100 is a continuous fill unit, if and when you run out of water you can simply pour in more water and continue to work.

There's NO rule of thumb as for how long you can steam clean before you run out of water because there are too many variables. But if you're just doing small jobs, a 75 would work fine.

Mike Phillips

From the first page of this thread,

Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner - $679.99

Single fill water tank, fill her up and you're good to go until you run out of water. This is what is meant by the word SINGLE in the model name.

Very sturdy stainless steel construction. Vapor Chief Steam machine are built like TANKS!

Convenient hooks to wrap an secure the power cord

About this model

Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner is a boiler steam cleaner manufactured using a stainless-steel body and features advanced pressure and heating capabilities. The Italian-made Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner uses the power of steam to completely transform the area it is working on. Essentially a simple machine, the Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner works like a commercial grade tool, but at a residential price and ease of use!

Featuring an external heating coil located on the underside of the Single Pro 75 that can heat the water in your boiler to 315 – 320 degrees, Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner sanitizes as it cleans. Also, because this heating coil is under the unit rather that inside the unit, your coils will not erode and calcify over time. Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner utilizes a fully adjustable steam pressure control from zero to maximum and gives you the ability to customize your detail!

Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner Technical Specifications:

• 1700 watt external heater
    • AISI 304 stainless steel boiler with a 3.1 (total volume) liter capacity
    • 11 foot detachable hose
    • Approximately 315-320 degree steam
    • Now with 85 PSI!
    • 13 foot power cord
    • Stainless steel body
    • Full accessory package

Also includes:

• LIFETIME boiler warranty
    • LIFETIME heater warranty
    • 3 year internal parts warranty

Attachments
    Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner comes with several attachments including 4 large and 6 small round cleaning brushes, two extension pieces, a triangle head brush, two flat head brushes, and micro hose tips for precision detailing.

Main difference
    The difference between the Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner and the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner and Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner is this model is NOT a continuous fill model. This means after you run out of steam you must turn the steam machine off and allow the boiler and steam pressure tank to cool down before you can remove the threaded cap to add more water.

This model has a threaded, spring loaded cap to seal the water tank and build-up and hold steam pressure.

Before you can remove the cap during use, you must turn off the steam machine allow some time for the unit to cool down so you can safely remove the cap.

On Autogeek.com

Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner - Not continuous fill

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner - $1,029.99

About this model

Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner is a continuous refill steamer (meaning you won’t have to stop halfway through to refill your tank), that produces steam up to 380-295 degrees to effectively, and better yet safely, clean all interior and exterior surfaces. Featuring an external heating element, the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner heats up in just 9-10 minutes and provides pressurized steam for as long as you need it! Perfect for use by both professional detailers and enthusiasts alike, the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner cuts your detail time down and provides a fully cleaned (and sanitized!) surface!

Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner Technical Specifications:

• 120 volts at 14.5 amps
    • 1750 watts
    • External heating element
    • 9-10 minutes heating time
    • Continuous fill operation
    • 14.5 foot hose
    • 13 foot grounded power cord
    • 2.5 liter refill tank
    • Stainless steel body
    • Stainless steel 2.0 liter boiler
    • Maximum internal boiler temperature of 335 degrees
    • Detachable steam hose
    • Fully adjustable steam pressure from zero to maximum
    • Out of water indicator and alarm

Also includes:

• Lifetime boiler and heater warranty
    • 3 year internal electrical parts warranty
    • Lightweight and portable about 23 pounds

Attachments
    Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner comes with several attachments including 4 large and 6 small round cleaning brushes, two extension pieces, a triangle head brush, two flat head brushes, and micro hose tips for precision detailing.

Main difference
    The difference between the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner and the Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner is that this model IS a continuous fill model meaning as you use up water in the water tank to make steam, you can add more water at any time. There's no need to turn the steam machine off and wait for it to cool down so the lid can safely be removed.

Main difference
    The difference between the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner and the Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner is primarily less heat and less steam pressure. You still get plenty of both just not as much as the injection model and you also don't get the ability to inject a cleaner while steam cleaning.

Note the cap is different than the cap on the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner

This cap simply pulls off and presses on, there's no pressure in the water tank and you can add more water at any time...

If you want continuous fill feature but don't think you need the ability to inject cleaning chemicals when steaming, this is the best option.

On Autogeek.com

Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner - $1,899.99

About this model

Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner features a unique chemical injection (the cleaner of your choice), as well as steam to clean any interior and exterior surface. Unlike other injection steamers on the market, the Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner is not diesel or propane powered, and uses 120 volts – making is safe for use both indoors and out. Weighing in at just 45 pounds, the Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner is perfect for both the mobile detailer as well as the DIY enthusiast!

Unique Injection Feature

The Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner has two separate tanks as well as the boiler for steam. One tank is for your clean water and the other tank is for your choice of chemical to use with the steam for cleaning.

Vapor Chief 125 Steam Injection Steam Cleaner’s unique chemical insertion bypasses the boiler and uses a pump to inject your cleaning solution directly into the steam hose. With buttons on your handle, you are able to adjust the amount of steam as well as the amount of chemical that is being introduced to the surface.

Two cleaning actions

With the injection model, you get cleaning from,

1. Steam
    2. Heat
    3. Chemicals

Featuring an upgraded 135 psi rating, the Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner offers more psi than the either the Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner or the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner

Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner Technical Specifications:

• Continuous fill for all day use
    • Super duty 304 AISI stainless steel boiler which meets all industry standard codes
    • 3.0 liter boiler is the perfect size for great pressure and fast recovery
    • Fast heating in about 12-13 minutes
    • Heavy duty 1750 watt heater
    • EXTERNAL heater
    • 135 PSI in the boiler
    • Great steam delivery and volume
    • 350 degree steam temperature in the boiler
    • 320 degrees of working steam temperature at the tip
    • Steam pressure adjustment from zero to maximum pressure
    • Injection cleaner adjustment valve on the front of the machine
    • Full Attachment package
    • 15 foot hose
    • 13 foot power cord
    • BIG 5 liter external water tank
    • BIG 5 liter external injection tank

Also includes:

• LIFETIME warranty on this boiler
    • LIFETIME warranty on the heating element
    • 3 year warranty on internal electrical components

Attachments
    Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner comes with several attachments including 4 large and 6 small round cleaning brushes, two extension pieces, a triangle head brush, two flat head brushes, and micro hose tips for precision detailing.

Main difference
    The difference between the Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner and the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner and the Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner is primarily,

1. More heat.
    2. More steam pressure.
    3. Unique injection feature enables you to inject your choice of cleaning chemical through the steam wands.

Note the water filter to ensure no debris gets into the water tank.

On Autogeek.com

Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner

Mike Phillips

And there's even MORE info on the first page of this thread...

Review and how-to: Vapor Chief Steam Cleaners by Mike Phillips

Took a little while to use the tools, take the pictures and then make all the text show up.

I dare anyone to find this much information with pictures, formatted on a Facebook Group.

7. Thanks josher thanked for this post
    Likes josher liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The primary difference between these two that will affect you as you're working is the 75 is a SINGLE FILL unit. If and when you run out of water you'll have to turn it off and let it cool down before you can remove the the lid off the pressurized tank. If you try to remove it before it cools down you'll probably burn yourself as hot steam tries to escape. Kind of like taking off the radiator cap off an overheating car engine.

The 100 is a continuous fill unit, if and when you run out of water you can simply pour in more water and continue to work.

There's NO rule of thumb as for how long you can steam clean before you run out of water because there are too many variables. But if you're just doing small jobs, a 75 would work fine.

Thank you Mike I appreciate that. I just needed a second opinion from someone who knows what they are talking about before pulling the trigger on any of these. I'm gonna jump on the 75 then

Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

Mike I have the Vapor Chief 125... I saw this thread pop up in my email figured I'd ask here one time before contacting the manufacturer tomorrow morning. My steamer is leaking steam from the bottom of the unit out of a little hole near one of the wheels.... builds up pressure but once I pull the trigger pressure drops crazy...and then I only get SOME steam and water out of the nozzle.... grrrrrrr... not sure what to do

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by josher View Post

Mike I have the Vapor Chief 125... I saw this thread pop up in my email figured I'd ask here one time before contacting the manufacturer tomorrow morning. My steamer is leaking steam from the bottom of the unit out of a little hole near one of the wheels.... builds up pressure but once I pull the trigger pressure drops crazy...and then I only get SOME steam and water out of the nozzle.... grrrrrrr... not sure what to do

Ugh.... sorry to hear of this.

The best option is to contact the manufacturer. And when you find out what's wrong and the remedy, share here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234